Race Procedures at STS

This is a hard subject to talk about because of the personalities of everyone. Its such a fine line.. i could blame 2 drivers for taking me out in the heat and feature.. i could blame the track for the dirt berm that ripped out a shock and tore up my front end.. but its call risk.. its racing.. hard racing and retaliation will always happen. there are drivers who cant handle things happening to them..its how they are built. cant fix them..others that get torn up because they try to respect others... sometimes a taste of their own medicine works..but at what cost? its all the drivers responsability to control their actions. For me.. i have learned who i can race and how and who i cant and how.. so its up to me to segregate those from the others... I ask everyone that has an opinon to put your self in drivers, techs,officials shoes with the same issues and see how you would handle it..overwhelmed for sure. SO ALL OF US need to clean it up..its only hurting ourselves. ...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, there at times when the track should step in.

Seems like several of you feel like things are heading out of control. Maybe so. Maybe not.

But if so, perhaps a few of the more respected drivers need to get together and ask to sit down with the track management to come up with a plan instead of beating a track to death on the internet.

Just saying.

Nick

RACERS THAT CONSTANTLY run over others are bullies period ..to me they are no driving no talent dirt bags ..if they dont want to talk and clear things up they are worthless ...maybe i am a little harsh so what ..if this is you i am talking about and you have a problem so what too bad you earned it .its isnt hard to challenge yourself to race clean is it .well maybe if you dont give a darn ..one time you are going to hit someone and they or you are going to get hurt .laws of physics will catch up ..remember when you were a rookie if you have been racing awhile ..i tried to always talk to rookies and help them where i could in order to one make them realize what they are doing and two not get run over ..rookies will respond to good advice in most cases ...its a sad state if your racing dream involves running over others .you need to find something else to do ..i know its always some one else,s fault you have them in your sight ...be a man ......we all have had the ruff treatment out on the track ..i got hit by the same guy week after week .he would not listen and stop .so i made him work on his car after he tried his bs ..that was not the way i wanted it to be .i could have hurt him ...these are race cars not demo derby ..folks get hurt .think about it ...my son does every thing he can to not wreck some one andi have yet to see him do it .i have seen him give a little push back just to let the other driver know lets not do that again ..and usualy they both talk it out .......sorry if i am harsh but its the way i feel about it .ps i am not perfect but i do give a hoot .

Geez , this is beginning to sound like everyone is just running into each other.Some classes have that one that seems to be a problem.Every track has them.To be honest with you I have only noticed maybe 3 out of 80 that may fall into that catagory.Maybe I missed something last Saturday night race.I do agree the birm around the inside of the track is too high.

Thats what some of them forget that there are rookie drivers out there that just want to have fun and race. Because god knows your not going to get rich. And yes I am a rookie driver.

it never hurts a rookie to go over and ask someone what can i do better ..

Geez , this is beginning to sound like everyone is just running into each other.Some classes have that one that seems to be a problem.Every track has them.To be honest with you I have only noticed maybe 3 out of 80 that may fall into that catagory.Maybe I missed something last Saturday night race.I do agree the birm around the inside of the track is too high.

IF IT IS ONLY THREE THATS TO MANY .THEY ARE THE ONES I TALKED ABOUT ..HOPEFULLY THEY COME AROUND AND RACE LIKE RACERS SHOULD ..AND MY POINT GOES OUT TO ANY RACER ANY WHERE ON ANY TRACK ..

Not all were in one class and two are not all the time so it isn't as bad as it is sounding here.

UNDERSTOOD ..YOU AN I AS OTHERS KNOW RACERS ARE TAME COMPARED TO WHEN WE FIRST SHOWED UP AT A TRACK .TIRE IRONS HAMMERS BROKEN BOTTLES AND SUCH .REMEMBER TERRY AND RAPP HAD THEIR ISSUES AND NOW ARE FRIENDS ..BUT SOME OF THE DRIVERS TODAY DONT SEEM TO CARE IF THEY HURT SOMEONE .THEY USE THEIR CARS AS WEAPONS ....I SUPPOSE YOU CAN SAY ITS ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER ...

This is one of the reasons I gave up racing. Too many people would run over the top of you then to just simply go around. If everyone would just go out and race clean like you are suppose to and if you accidently get into someone apologize and be sincere about it. This in one of the reasons I also did like Earnhardt Sr. A true racer will go out and race clean and give everyone the RESPECT they deserve whether you're a rookie or a seasoned drive.

Blue..not blaming the berm as a bad thing because the track had to do what they had to do.. i was avaoiding a wreck and couldnt see and well i met the dirt. No worries. But my point is everyone wants to point fingers more than sit back and look at whats happening. I myself get out of the gas maybe to much because of the respect i have and the lack of parts i dont have. lol. But I have seen classes get rougher and its a shame esp for those of us that drive a long pull to get tore up.. Racing is going to happen..rubbing is racing..but if we dont pay attention and not care, others are gonna do the same and then its all out war. Ill park mine before i get to that point. There is only a few of us that I know that we can actually walk up after an incident and talk and be done with it.. i miss those days.. jmo

First off, I don't have a dog in this fight other than just making observations from the stands. Here's the two issues I have. 1. It's dangerous to change rules mid season or even within the same night and 2. Related to the first is inconsistency. I'll just use Pure Stocks in this example. In a heat race we saw two cars come together and one ended up on the roof and was out for the race. The other car did go to the back, no problem. In the feature race there were two separate incidents where two cars get together, one spins but is able to continue. The car making contact with the spun car is black flagged. The fact that the two cars black flagged are team cars looks bad, not saying they were targeted just saying it looked bad. Unless something was said before the race, this kinda leads me to think spinning someone is more deserving of a black flag over turning someone over on his roof. Now all that being said, were any done intentionally? Who knows but I doubt it. "Hard racing" is what most would chalk that up to. Also with all this said, I can understand why "all involved" is being implemented. I know Mr. Hobbs is dealing with a lot more responsibility at the track since taking over and life of any official, someone will always be mad at some point. We will be there Saturday night to watch and do hope things stay as good as it has been there the past ten years.

Dont think for one minute the last 10 years was all rose petals. Owen had plenty of stressful nights and plenty of issues he had to deal with on a nightly bases. Over time he was able to impliment things that worked and get rid of things that didnt. Ken has to go through the same thing and with new people in some positions. I think he is very well aware by now what issues have occured over the last couple races.

Just meant the enjoyment factor and yes I know it wasn't always peachy, what is? That's exactly what I meant, he has a learning curve and his own trials and errors to go through. I may not like the all involved rule but I can see the logic of why it's there. These things will happen. I know you understand better than anyone with STXSS, you've had to make a few changes and decisions to improve the series but still averaging roughly 40 cars/event, STS still has 80-100 cars in the pits every night so things are still good, classes are pretty even and the one that has the dominant driver, said driver does everything he can to help others and try to improve his class. I'm not knocking Ken or the track, just discussing issues.

Its a work in progress for me/team and every race brings different issues to the table. Rough driving and dirty driving usually brings out both the fans and drivers, hot topic every time. My goal for TRP is 30 cars this weekend which would be a nice increase over the last 2 years. I would love more for TRP's sake and its future at this point. Hoping for the best for everyone cause its going to take promoters all working together and making solid choices for the area racing to thrive. I think one thing that tracks havent been doing is when they let the street stocks off for those events its a perfect time for that track that is running a shootout event to let off a class like limiteds and let another track put on a big race for them on the same weekend. Working together like that would really benefit the tracks just nobody has taken that step just yet buts its something to think about.

Archived