June 7th Race # 3 Texana Raceway Park

Ok everyone a couple things leading up to Race # 3. This race is a very important race for the local area, Texana Raceway Park and the area fans. The timing for next Friday night couldnt be more important to help Ken keep the doors flowing the rest of the season. Texana has supported the series since day 1 and helped get us established. We have had some memorable races most being the Aaron Hudgeons Memorial and I look forward to many more.

How can we help? Its easy currently we have a 38 car average so far. Over the last 2 years at TRP our car count has dropped off by as much as 30%. Last years TRP race we had 24 cars. The series is going to do its part in helping get the locals to pull their cars out of the garage to help keep TRP alive.

As far as the shootout drivers that are traveling to this race. Lets do what you can to try and bring an extra person per team into the pits. Doesnt sound like much but its over $1000 of extra income if each team can bring a person over their normal attending group. A sponsor, a family member or friend lets all give it a good try. As far as anything else over and above that I leave it up to the individual teams should you offer anything else to Ken for help. Ken will put his best foot forward and as long as the rain doesnt wash him away over the next week I think he will be ready to rock and roll.

The shootout is offering the local drivers who have not registered this year a one time free pass. Its an opportunity to race against the best in the region, could be your last if we dont do this together. A chance at some good pocket change and prizes and a chance to keep the doors open so you can continue running your local races. Our shootout registeration is $40. I am willing to wave that for this race on June 7th. So you would only be responsible for your pitpass and the shootout entry fee of $20. If anyone has anything they would like to offer I am open to listening to make this show as big as the previous 2 races. Please pass the word.

Archived