questionable calls

slowman80

I have a question.....while we are on the topic...I was hit in the heat race by a car that was spinning and came across the infield and hit me and i lost a tire. i had nowhere to go..if i would have spun out, would myself and the other guy get sent to the back or would the car causing the wreck get sent to the rear? or is that rule just for people that pull out a caution with contact with anyone? I ask because in the feature i pulled to the apron after my car jumped out of gear and i got hit from behind and the driver spun..i was sent to the rear..I could have been avoided..but i kept moving and had no clue what happened behind me...Can i get some clarity on this? im all for being wrong here but this all involved rule is sketchy...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was waiting for the racing gospel from wannabe. And secondly i know that isn't gb because gb can't spell, haha but he's right car count is down, but it will rise in time I hope. I'll be back out there soon again as soon as hillbilly builds me another car hahah. How about that black and orange paint job in the men's bathroom !?

Drew,

I have a 78 Camaro that used to be an Arkansas Dirt Car. I started to do some things on it, but then they decided we weren't going to race Super Streets so I stopped. New belts, nets, fenders, and much more. I have a complete set of Performance Bodies Panels that I will include if the price is right. It will need to have a drive shaft, and a couple other things put on it drive it. The motor is my back up motor for my Super Street Camaro. Come look at it, and make me an offer! You would be surprised what might get it bought!

:ph34r: Cheers, Dennis :ph34r:

And Drew,

(361)249-3294 Talk or Text!

I'm probably gonna keep my other Camaro, for what I don't know, other than the amount of money I have in the new motor. I could buy a small farm with what I spent on the motor.

:ph34r: Cheers, Dennis :ph34r:

I am new to the dirt track scene. But what I did understand is . How you get hit from behind which causes you to spin out and the car that causes the hit get to return back to the original spot while the other car which got spun out has to return to the back . I thought there was a all.involve rule

The "All Involved Rule" and "Judgement Call Rule" are basically the same rule. Just the title of the rule and a few minor wording changes are different.

All Involved Rule: All involved in bringing out a caution period go to the back unless it is obvious who caused the caution.

Judgement Rule: If it is obvious who caused the caution, he/she goes to the back. If it's not obvious, all involved go to the back.

No real difference.

Nick

Nick I have seen two posts from you regarding things going over the line, bashing etc and your need to edit such posts. I have not read anything offensive, what are you referring to?

nick can edit the bad ones before you see em ..i think he sleeps with his pc .i bet he was reading through all the threads while he was talking to me on his cell at the same time driving down airline .the man is amazing ..lol...nick no brownie points needed ..

JohnDoe,

Not giving away any of my secrets, but HiTech is pretty close.... I have PC glasses and PC hearing aids and a PC built into the microwave.

The reason you don't see the stuff I edit out or delete is because it's gone before too many folks get to read it.

Emotions run high after some races. A certain amount of ranting is expected, but when one guys calls the other guy's mother a woman of disrepute, I might very well step in. LOL

And rules and calls made by track officials are always the playground for wanna-be lawyers and savvy crew chiefs, but when the discussions go from discussing the issue to discussing the people involved, I usually draw the line

Nick

Actually, Nick is so tech savvy he can edit your post before you post it. He even showed the NSA how to mine metadata in order to spy on all of us.

Since you believe that, Rusty, I would love to sell you one of my Lighter-Than-Air chassis. On sale this week for $98,999.99.

Nick

Nick,

I scaled the mod last nite and I think I need one of your "Lighter-Than-Air" chassis. Will you accept a check from my "Short-On-Funds" checking account?

well looks like a draw . ....you both have nothing to show just a bunch of air .but i will say your check will weigh more ink is heavier than air .

I would have to disagree on the differences between the two....if you are making a judgment on who caused it or who was involved then it is not "ALL INVOLVED"....its obvious who is involved in the accident. With that it doesn't matter who was at fault since ALL INVOLVED means that if you were involved in any way you go to the back (which sux)....but there are obviously some judgement calls being made since it has been so inconsistent. IMO make the call and put the offender to the back get em lined up and let's go racing. Period. You will win some you will lose some but whatever form of the ALL INVOLVED rule that is being applied now ain't workin....

I agree with Greg least with the judgement call someone will be happy with a call the other way no one Ever going to happy and the slow death of a track starts seen it so many times

You haven't been to HMP lately. Probably the cleanest asphalt racing in the state because the drivers get to sort it all out for themselves.

The only people who actually know who did what to whom on the track are the drivers themselves. Asking the track to make a decision every time there is a spin or wreck is flat out asking the impossible. We all know it, but we figure that if we insist that the track become the judge of everything that happens on the track maybe if we can bitch and moan long and hard enough we'll get our way, maybe not this time but maybe the next.

Asking the track to do the impossible has never worked well and never will.

However, as is the case at HMP, asking the drivers to sort it all out seems to be the best answer with the track only stepping in when things get out of hand. A few black flags for blatant rough driving will put a stop to those thinking they can run over anyone any time they choose.

Just saying.

Nick

Archived