questionable calls

slowman80

Slowman im not an official out there im a fan in the stands pm me tell me your name mines kenny ill be happy to come meet you i did mention the limited modified race did i not i was in the restroom when i came out i saw the abulance on the track and asked what happened so i couldnt comment on that one but jeez guys mistakes happen espially in that class bc usually when theres a wreck it involves alot of cars and its hard to tell ok this car got loose this car did this as for the street i thought it was a hell of show along with the fireworks at intermission ill support this track its starting to remind me of back home in el paso but get your facts right there slowman im far from a official thanks though as far as bashing didnt know i was i dont want to do that ive watched them green cars and they put on a good race i was just giving my two cents like you did no harm no foul if you took as bashing im sorry didnt mean for you to take it like that just was giving my opinion and what i saw thats it but im done here moving on

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I had a good time and no damage to the car while racing hard.Probably because we have less cars.We did loose one car to the wall in a very hard hit.Patience was the key to racing safe I think.

That being said,I did notice the track constantly changed even during my features.I believe its easy to forget you have to race the track as much as the other cars.Thats easy to forget in the heat of battle.I noticed one lap a groove was good but in another lap something changed and got a slick spot.NMaybe a water leak or splash from the heavy mud on the bottom from the rain.Add lots of cars hard charging on a super fast track and you get a tough race.Track officials cant control agressiveness although they try.Im not sure what the answer is.

What I do know from other experiences is many tracks have been purposely going for the dry slick approach.It slows cars down but does not take away the fans view of competetion.Robert Theser fought this battle at RGS and spent a million dollars to finally get a smoth dry slick surface.His thinking was its easier for the racers,mainly to keep from blowing motors and crash damage so they can make it back for the next race.His drivers would destroy themselves when the track got the grip STS has.So its spend a million,pave it or hope drivers learn to respect how fickle this track can be or slow them down with rules..But it is FAST.And challanging.And always changing.The drivers that race the track first,other cars second,usually do well.But like Taladega with the best in the world,stuff happens when theres a lot of cars.Please dont be angry at the operators of the track,we create our own issues.Dont for get the million dollar track with the smoth as glass surface is CLOSED!.Lets dont close this one by crusifying its management.Lets just slow down a tiny bit and show how we drive.JMO,I know nobody listens anyway.I love my home track,STS.Period!

Quite possibly both could have a feature win right now. Is the 88 related to 9s? Hope her car gets repaired soon, saw something very similar last race at CCS. Maybe 8's should be covered up in CC.

oh no cant happen again or could it ...i am starting to think when someone see.s a 8 number they think it means figure 8 racing ..cuz they keep turning into em .lol

From what I saw in the stands it looked to me like you had a issue you had a lead on the 8 car but he closed in really quick in turn one that's why it looked like you broke it didn't look like he hit you on purpose but you can take it how you want and I did not know that they let Lev spring cars run in the pure stock just reading the rules and I was building a car but if this is the way people act I'm at a stand still I don't know what change at the track but it has a different environment I've been watching the races at sts for 9 years its crazy now and if I recall NASCAR is not calling its a weekend thing everyone just wants to have fun so let's go racing

I like watching both drivers and don't personally know either but it looked like something that you get sent to the back for, not to the trailer, same with the 15 incident. I can't recall anytime the 8 has intentionally spun someone but from where we were (towards turn 1) it was pretty obvious contact was made and the 9s went around, don't think it was an intentional thing but that's the way I saw it and would have called it. Unfortunately, the 9s broke but the 8, in my opinion should be sent to the back and race on. The 15 and 00L appeared to be the same thing to me. Yes the 00L crowded the 15 on the back straight and again they made contact and one went around and again, not DQ worthy but a trip to the back by the 15 or both is what I would have done personally. That being said, I in no way would want to be an official making any call there just stating what I saw with no loyalties to any driver out there.

Lol! "The look" yep! That was the same look, I got when Alaina saw the line up!! just kidding! Had to say it!

We have been, bumped, rubbed, spun, ran over and been put into the wall. It gets very costly and is a lot of work getting car back together. I don't understand why anyone would try to take someone out. I know it happens in a few cases, but mostly it is the result of good hard racing.

On a side note we have some great new drivers in our class that did a great job! I think one of them had mechanical issues with just a few laps to go. Could have very easily been a top three car, was giving Alaina one Heck of a run! That what I like to see! Good racing!!

Let's just race!

Lol! "The look" yep! That was the same look, I got when Alaina saw the line up!! just kidding! Had to say it!

We have been, bumped, rubbed, spun, ran over and been put into the wall. It gets very costly and is a lot of work getting car back together. I don't understand why anyone would try to take someone out. I know it happens in a few cases, but mostly it is the result of good hard racing.

On a side note we have some great new drivers in our class that did a great job! I think one of them had mechanical issues with just a few laps to go. Could have very easily been a top three car, was giving Alaina one Heck of a run! That what I like to see! Good racing!!

Let's just race!

well if her purty face was not in normal form i would say stay away .seen that a time or two from my wife and its never good ...... hope the car is alright ..

Just hope the intentional take outs don't involve the innocent ones who are out there to learn and have fun.....

On that note I am proud of my little driver and the job he did. 3rd and looking at 2nd with one lap to go when the tranny started slipping. His crew chief is to blame and sooner or later he will wear out the bad luck!!

She ended up right in front of us so when that driver went by we felt the daggers go through us or at least I did. Guess she was just practicing some sign language. 9s I just heard the name and was curious, looked like she had it running pretty good til she got turned, hope it's not hurt too bad. Greg, Ryan is doing well and that offer from last season may still be in place if I survive my season.

Well i got spun in the heat on the 2nd lap and fliped.Why did the 6 pack car get put to the back instead of giving him the chance to move forward to win the heat and start pole in the main? If the green team gets blacked flaged in the main. then 6 pack should of got DQ in the heat and start dead last like me in the main My OP.

Agreed. I think the big issue here is judgement calls. I cannot see where a driver who is driving his line, his race, and regardless of where they are in the field can or will be sent to the rear of field because some squirrel either runs out of talent, never had talent, or intentionally takes out the car in front of them. Look folks, baseball has umpires, football has refs, etc, etc. If this track is going to survive, decisions and judgement calls HAVE to be made. An all involved rule sounds good but it also needs to have some leniency and the officials NEED TO make a call. You might win some, you might lose some, but if every week you are getting run over and have to restart in back, drivers, crews, and fans will start to stay home or go elsewhere, in my opinion. Maybe to solve this problem, 6 people, 1 in each turn, 1 on each straightaway, watch ONLY their designated spots, that's it. I see many folks standing down there on social hour. Give them a job, let them make a call to the race dictator and end of discussion. Maybe have an official in the grandstands watching only the leaders. Next point is the black flag issue. I know many don't count points and are there just to race. But some are points racing. To black flag a car, just because it appears they intentionally spun out the guy in front of him, bad idea.That rule could cost a driver a chance at a track championship. Look, we are not in these cars, we see they are racing bumper to bumper, and some cars in classes are 3400lbs with drum brakes. They don't stop on a dime folks.To black flag instead of sending to the rear of field, and have that driver lose the chance of regaining some of those positions back if he was sent to the back instead just don't seem fair. We all agree dirty driving shouldn't be tolerated and I have personally seen the black flag rolled up and pointed at drivers for years. Where did that go? I can tell you, if the all involved rule is set in place to save time, that has failed, if the black flag is being used to stop aggressive driving, that also has failed. I have seen both fail on the go-cart track as well. Bottom line is, car count is down, cart count is way down, and most important, fan count is down. Time to solve some of the problems. MY NAME IS G.B CARTER AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE!!!! Just kidding. Let's go Racing!!!!

Archived