last night

HiTech

HOPE every one in the bombers walked away with out pain ........how many cars started .what 17 .how many finished 6or 7 ..bad . good for the fans and track that love demo racing ....bad for the fans that love to see great racing .the fans that love crash fest dont know what it takes to field a car ..yep they are cheap in some aspects compared to higher up classes .but they cost the same with limited finances ..racing in general is going to cost .period .cars will get torn up no way around it .the purse is low but the cost is high for racers that balance will never happen and impossible achieve .....i am as some other i am sure were very unhappy with who ever made the decision to invert a full field after qualifying ..a decision with known facts that bad things will happen but good for those who love crash fest ..well crash fest it was and i hope it was worth it to the decision maker/ie makers ...we have never been too concerned about staring in the back as much as last night .in full season points racing you earn your way towards the back .with special shows that require qualifying the fast guys never want to start in the back with the slowest up front ..i think it is never a bad ideal to invert .but fast cars only one dice roll ..not full field .if you are going to do that dont burn fuel tires and the time to qualify waste .draw and race then ..a race like last night will bring the over the head type racing .you have no choice but to go /you either get hit trying to be patient or get hit going to the front .so either way it sucks ...we and other got both last night no win ...i know some will think i am being an ass .i am not .i dont blame the racers they have to go .....the decision to invert that way sucked .

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a fan I don't like full inverts.Top 6 or even 8 car redraw is good because it can take the fastest car off the front row and prevent a runaway winner (see Pro Sedans).Doesn't create problems because you still have the TOP 6 or 8 up front.This is a reason I don't like the term"wild and wooly bombers".It seems to imply the class is substandard to me , that you have a bunch of drivers whose only talents is to beat and bang.We know that is not true but to put on a better show you full invert and after all it's only the bombers.It is why I always refer to this class as Pure Stocks as they are good drivers and serious racers in this class at CCS and elsewhere.If you are an ass for saying what you said I am too because I agree with you 100%. Now this isn't a bash on CCS as I remember STS used to do a lot of weird things in this class years ago.I heard a lot of the drivers said hey we wanna race like everyone else,we are not a novelty.And the rest is history in a good way.

I agree with you Mike just need to have a vote possibly at the drivers meeting on what's going on not a surprise... but it is what it is can't change it now.... going to get my body work done and heating issue fixed for our 2 day race at sts....

Happy Birthday Mark.....

I agree about the " heads up " on the inverting. It may not change the outcome, but as Mike has said starting ALL your fastest qualifiers in the rear of a field of that many cars isn't going to be a race it's just going to turn out the same way every time.

I'm going to lick my wounds and fix my car and as me and a few other drivers have talked about just weight out my options and see whats best, but I dang sure cant afford to go through to many of these "Crash Fest" as it is way to hard on my 46 going on 80 year old body and my wallet.

I hope every bodies doing ok today and I hope the damages are minimal.

Im here as always if anyone needs any thing.

Thanks, ivan

I completely disagree with all of on the invert.. How come the best cars can't come from the back without wrecking???? The Carluccis, Heinamans, Smith, Beddoe , Rapp, Mikulecak all used to do it. If your as good as one or more of them just do it.

And you have the right to disagree. and there aint no one complaining about inverting top cars. The complaint is that none of the drivers new about it until race time and at least the top 6 (may have been 1 or 2 more) cars (there was almost a 4second separation between #1 qualifier and #17 qualifier) were inverted to the back rather than just 1 or 2 or 3.

Here's how we used to do it back when I was Race Director at SAS back in the 90's.

1) Divide the field in half by point average.

2) High point average cars start up front, but totally inverted by point average.

3) Low point average half of the field starts at the rear by point average, but not inverted.

That seemed to make for the best combination of making the fast guys work for the win and keeping the carnage down to a minimum.

It also gave guys who run in the middle of the pack a chance to start on the pole if they manage to work their way into the high point average group. That gave guys some real incentive...

Nick

All I know it was my first race at cc and I had seen a few changes that I would have made.

But all in all I had a blast and yes my car got tore up. But I think they need to take those rear view mirrors out of the cars more of a distraction because you can't change what's behind you DRIVE YOUR RACE. Jmo.

I like Nick's idea, problem is, CCS doesn't have a points system this year but for future reference I like that format. As for mirrors, I tend to agree with taking them out and running your race. I've heard people say they made mistakes when they saw so and so coming and obviously makes it more difficult to mirror drive (not to say anyone is). I can see the plus to a mirror too but as was said before, if you're worrying about what's behind you, you're not going fast enough.

Mirrors are a two-edged sword. Big pluses and big minuses. It's similar to the two-way radio debate. They both can be used for either good or evil.

Certainly mirrors and two-ways can help folks stay out of trouble and prevent wrecks. And, yes, mirrors and two-ways can be used to mirror drive and block, which usually causes wrecks.

This debate has been going on since my earliest chariot racing days. There's really no satisfying answer to this debate unless everyone in the division miraculously agrees to only use the mirrors and radios for good and not evil. And that happened once in 1973 at a race track that is now a WalMart in South Dakota. LOL

Nick

Oh yeah I was loving it. 29,00, and 21 gave me a shot in the rear bumper. Was loving every minute of it. Cant remember the last time I had this much fun until I blew the radiator hose off the radiator. Then I was like ricky bobby. Help oprah help me tom cruise lol. Man that water was hot. Cant wait till the next race

Usually at CCS we start by points which, like CTS is doing with grand stocks, high points to the rear. I have asked everyone I know around Dan and the track other than the race director, Mike Creacy. I talked to Dan abiut a week before the first race about qualifying and inverts. To me, his tone about inverting the whole field when I asked seemed as though he was joking around about it. I brought up having the pile sitter role a dice for the invert. He said depending on car count is how they would decide on inverting the class. I'm not quoting this from Dan as I'm sure I'm missing a few things we discussed about it, but this is what I remember. Maybe Dan or Mr. Creacy can clarify about the invert and why the invert was front to back?

JMO, but even the heat races were rough. I know marbles get loose in everyone's head even in a heat race as I have done so before also. I'd much rather out on a good show without tearing up my car and any one else's cars in a heat race and feature and load it in one piece and have minimal work to do before the next race. The feature Saturday was a mess at the start. I did not see the rest of the race except for the last couple laps. I'm bot blaming anyone for what happened to me in the feature because that's just how the cookie crumbles and it wasn't my night. I just want these guys and girls to understand that you can't win the race on the first lap. Especially in a 30 lap feature race. Hell most bombers/pure stock guys have never run that many laps in one race that u can think of.

Luckily it's just a rear end and some cosmetics that I have to fix. I don't want too, but after discussing with my dad about racing at CTS and leading points. I'm going to save my car for that track the remainder of the year. If anyone needs help (or driver lol) out at the track don't hesitate to ask. Some of my favorite memories came from this track and racing with the bomber guys.

THE main thing is please dont invert like that again ....and poorboy i agree with you to a point .lets say a you sat fast time and at race time you were told to start way back in 25th ..now you honestly going to tell us how happy you are about that ..you worked hard to qualify up front and now you have to deal with a larger chance you will most likely not get up there.. qualifying means to me you wont have to start way back .....invert is ok unless you are the guys who qualified 1 and 2. but starting an invert from 6th or so you at least know the guys in front of you are not slow as the guys behind 6th ..the 8 would not have had a problem with that invert ...full field yes .also poorboy joshua worked his way with out taking anyone out clean trip for the most part .but got nailed by another front qualifying car who got knocked into the wall and was also forced towards the back ..those top six should not have been put in that situation ... not any of the slower cars should have been put there too .just think what that race could have been between the top runners .some said it turned out good at the end .but two to three more racing up there would have been better ..

Archived