"3" to air tonight

ChuckLicata

Believe or not...despite the fact that ESPN has made some horrendous movies to date--especially the one about Pete Rose...tonight's movie is supposed to actually be pretty good..

ESPN is going to air "3"--the story about Dale, Senior--tonight at 8 p.m. CT. From what I've read and heard, Motorsports Insiders actually like the movie, most because the movie focuses on Dale Senior and his interaction with his family (including his dad)...

Let us know what you think!

I believe they are calling it "3" not "E". ;):P

from the movie-teresa was a pretty sharp gal also-she said nascar would be bigger than pro baseball and i like when she told dale to take care of his name-it was something he could make money on(having it trademaked) after racing-can see why DEI is as strong as they are-she's smart on the business end of it-movie comes on again -i'll watch it again-

Yes he was that arrogant. But there's an old saying having to do with that kind of attitude: "It ain't braggin' if you done it". In other ways some people have earned the right to be arrogant about some things. I reckon if anybody had, it was him. You know I saw an interview of another driver talking about him one time and the guy said that befor restrictor plates they were at talledega and he heard Sr. on the scanner going down the back stretch say,"Somebody tell the flagman there's a screwdriver on the track." He rcognizes a screwdriver at over 200 MPH. :o With eyes like that and balls like he had, its no wonder he's probably the greatest ever. If you are as good at something as he was, I guess it would be hard to not be a little arrogant. And yeah I miss him too. I'll be buying it tuesday too. And I didn't even see it on TV yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I personelly knew Dale and he was a nice guy, yes he did have an ego but this is a sport of egos and he could back it up. One time Peter Sopenso [Terry's crew cheif next year] was running an arca car and didn't have a motor Dale ask him about it. Two days later a motor showed up at the shop, carb to oil pan no charge no expectations that was the type of guy Dale was.

Archived