Spider gears

I have 7.5 that I am running in my sport mod, I have been having problems with the mini spools. I would like to run the spider gears in it, was told that was the better way to go. But was also told that you have to know what you are doing in order to weld them up. Just need to know the trick to how to weld them up.

pm me your phone number....I will send you pics of how I do mine.... my way will eventually have some slack...but I have not had any problems with them....and...if there a little to loose you can always put a little more weld on them.

My method is to install the spider gears in the carrier...look at what teeth mesh...try to mark them....usually its something like 2 on the small gear...and 3 on the big gear... I remove them and weld the valley of all the other gears solid....so that when re-installed all the gears mesh...but cant move because the next gear valley is solid... this way, if there is ever a problem...you can remove the spider gear and replace it.... don't ever weld it to the carrier...the less slack there is the better...but..to be honest...the ones I am currently using have a lot of slack....I used to just pull them back out and you can see where to add more weld to tighten them....but...I am curious how far I can let them go...so I have not don't this yet (on my hobby)

pm me your phone number....I will send you pics of how I do mine.... my way will eventually have some slack...but I have not had any problems with them....and...if there a little to loose you can always put a little more weld on them.

My method is to install the spider gears in the carrier...look at what teeth mesh...try to mark them....usually its something like 2 on the small gear...and 3 on the big gear... I remove them and weld the valley of all the other gears solid....so that when re-installed all the gears mesh...but cant move because the next gear valley is solid... this way, if there is ever a problem...you can remove the spider gear and replace it.... don't ever weld it to the carrier...the less slack there is the better...but..to be honest...the ones I am currently using have a lot of slack....I used to just pull them back out and you can see where to add more weld to tighten them....but...I am curious how far I can let them go...so I have not don't this yet (on my hobby)

Pretty much how I've always done Lincoln lockers...

Archived