Saturday Night at Texana Raceway Park

If you were not at the races to watch the STLMS cars you missed one hell of a show. The track did what it usually does this time of year and went dry in the feature. This aloud for some great side by side racing and the drivers did not disappoint.

The heat race was extremly fast, and the horsepower was being put to the ground. With rubber on the track I knew we were in for an exciting feature and once again we were not disappointed.

G W Hessong started on pole with Showtime Shane Hoefling on the outside. Kody Special K Hardage was second row inside with J-rod Stepanski starting outside. They were followed up by Randy the Floorman Kacir and B-man Brian Machicek.

All I can say is I was a nervous wreck.

Showtime was driving the MitchBobby #9 car and GW was driving his car with a loaner motor from MitchyBobby racing.

I just could not believe the close racing. GW is always smooth and precise in the drivers seat while Showtime was the wild man of Borneo driving that thing on the outside. They had to swap the lead at least 15 times in the twenty lapper. I couldn't count them all because I had my eyes closed part of the time due to my nerves.

The rest of the guys were driving there hearts out and fighting for position on every lap.

With a caution out for a spin everyone was able to regroup and catch there breath.

I have never seen two competitors race each other that hard at TRP and one of them not end up in the wall. Showtime squeaked out the win by a half a car length.

Track promoter Ken Busterbaulm turned to me and said that was the most exciting race he has ever seen at TRP. Maybe next time I will keep my eyes open so I can see it for myself.

Our next race is at Shady Oaks Speedway on May 24 with the ASCS sprint cars so make sure you make plans for coming on out.

I know I kind of ran on about the two guys up front , but I was so focused on these two cars that I didn't get to see much of the other guys. I apologize for that and will try better to do a full field recap next race.

So far we are still going. But six cars is not helping. I worked every night for two weeks straight to get two cars ready , but it still disappointing when cars are sitting in the garage. I know of another that's going to be brought of retirement in the next couple of weeks. So all we can do is keep trying.

Mitch.... Don't give up. Lot's of racers just kind of sit back and wait to see what's going to happen before they get on board with a series. I know it's frustrating, but part of what they're waiting to see is if you are willing to stick with it no matter what.

I'm pulling for ya...

Nick

Its hard to put into words just what a great show the late models put on, I'll just say awesome!!! the way G.M. and Shane drove those cars, so dawn close to each other for 20 laps, I was watching them battle for the win so intently that I almost missed J-Rods show stopping finish (sliding backwards across finish line into the infield) a true stocker Ace move for sure. Can't wait until they take the track at S.O.S. Cooter48c

A lot us have cars ready/ almost ready.. But work schedule is not cooperating. Can't blame us for not supporting .. I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could. Supporting family comes first. The go kart is just sitting there too. I feel worse about that. Guess I need to get somebody to finish the car up, and find a driver for it....

Archived