Points strategy options available starting Race #5 - 8

Upon the series return to Cotton Bowl Speedway starting with Race # 5 including 6, 7 and 8. We will continue offering the drop back bonus money starting with the pole sitter until accepted by a driver. Once a driver has selected the drop back bonus and has committed to going to the back prior to the start of the race officials will allow any driver to pull out of his starting position and drop to the back for strategical points opportunities. At this point the drop back bonus money has already been taken and that driver is the only one eligible for the back to the front bonus. Anyone else dropping to the back will be eligible for passing points and hard charger bonus. This seasons strategy for both passing points and total points will be something to watch and pay close attention to. Good luck and have fun!

I like the idea of it, but why continue making different rules throughout the series??

Stephan: We listened to several drivers Saturday after the drivers meeting that felt like they want the option of dropping back even if they dont get the drop back bonus to do it. Of the ones we talk to some did not think they would ever get an opporunity this year to accept a drop back invitation. So we made a compromise. Since the season started already at that point the thought was in order to accomidate this it would only be fair to do it the 2nd half of the season. This is something to look forward to and it will liven up the points battle throughout the top 20 positions not just the top 5. We dont want to make changes but it is very early, doesnt put anyone driver at a disadvantage, however brings alot of possible excitement for later in the year. Shoud be fun to see who drops right before a race starts later this year.

I think it will create so much anticipation right up til the drop of the green flag. Be interesting seeing who drops first for the money and then after that who drops for the points only along with who reacts once they see certain drivers dropping could get real crazy. Fans will love it.

I know there's efforts to get Street Stocks back at CCS just in case your guys may be interested. A dirt bomber finished 3rd last weekend and dirt mods won and came in 3rd in TALMS. STSSS has a great thing going and the nearly 40 cars speaks volumes about the series and those racing in it.

Thanks top shelf I agree but what did you call my car...lol jk with you... yes the asphalt was fun first time on it got a 3rd place finish qualified 4 fastest I believe the talent in the street stock shootout everyone of these cars could run the he'll out of that track and I would love to see it...jmo

Some of them have run well at CC in the past. I think there's a few former CCS Track Champions in STSSS and the out of town guys could take to it really well. Who knows maybe STSSS will run a few asphalt dates in the future. It's a very good group of racers would be interesting to see. I think some of those out of town guys have laps at SAS and CTS/Longhorn.

Archived