Rear Wheel Drive in Eco Stock Class?

Bruce

Hey if any track officials or rule-makers of some kind read this, is there any chance of ever allowing rear wheel drive 4-bangers into the Eco Stock class? Down at South Texas Speedway the Front Runner (same class, 4/6 cyl front-wheel drive ) class started letting in rear wheel drives, and we saw an influx of little Nissan and Toyota trucks coming to race, which has been awesome to watch, and almost doubled the car counts. I've got a little 4-cylinder Ranger I'd love to turn into a dirt track racer some day, I'm sure there's others who have similar hopes. I know right now it's front-wheel-drive only, just wondering about plans for this class in the future.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Well...anytime you change a rule....you make someone mad. Guaranteed.

Ill be honest....Corpus is a different market....I don't see many (if any) People in the Austin area wanting to build anything. Now they might buy something that is built... and if there going to spend money...it makes sense to buy a car that can run more than one track.

I personally think if someone wanted to run a RWD car....then you cant ask for a better (and cheaper) class than the IMCA hobby stocks......don't let these people scare you that are selling cars at outrageous prices....they get beat all the time from cars with 1/4 the amount of money in them. I know I could build a competitive car for under 3500$ and race it every week with very little upkeep.

So..my suggestion...sell the ranger...find a metric car...or an old nova and build something you can run anywhere.

Well...anytime you change a rule....you make someone mad. Guaranteed.

Ill be honest....Corpus is a different market....I don't see many (if any) People in the Austin area wanting to build anything. Now they might buy something that is built... and if there going to spend money...it makes sense to buy a car that can run more than one track.

I personally think if someone wanted to run a RWD car....then you cant ask for a better (and cheaper) class than the IMCA hobby stocks......don't let these people scare you that are selling cars at outrageous prices....they get beat all the time from cars with 1/4 the amount of money in them. I know I could build a competitive car for under 3500$ and race it every week with very little upkeep.

So..my suggestion...sell the ranger...find a metric car...or an old nova and build something you can run anywhere.

Sound advice. I'll keep that in mind when (if) I want to move up a class.

Archived