CTS street stocks

Brad

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW NO RADIOS FOR THE SUPER STOCKS/STREET STOCKS. THIS WILL BE FUN.

It will be fun either way Donnie. Up until last year this class hasn't had the radio option at Kyle. Now in fairness, we can talk and vote about it at the next drivers meeting.

The raidos help more in practice if anything. Having your crew member read off lap times when trying something new. I do agree they are not really needed during race conditions. If you have a rear view and a spot mirror respect who has the line then should have no issues. Scanner is a must for line up, cautions etc. Radios are a big cost just bought mine last month $750 for two way from RE

We`ve never raced with a radio so I don't know what its like we only used the scanners and I have to admit we never had a problem. But I`m sure you have some guys or gals that spent money on them in the off season so you know where their coming from. Brad maybe that's a good idea on having that class vote on it.

that class had never used radios.. San Antonio maybe but never at Kyle (THR/CTS) and those were the days we ran 21-25 cars and speeds were pretty quick then too.

Up to the folks racing full time in the class I'm sure but not sure they are needed. Matter of fact at one point we those cars without mirrors!!!!!

Even though it's a lower division. Yeah it's only super stock but some of us invest lots of time and money into these cars. They are by no means a junk car class and radios give those a chance to avoid incidents and loss of money. Ya occasionally we wreck like this week but it could've been worse. So for us that actually care about our cars it's a good idea. My opinion.

Was it an option in the original rules? If it was then I'd say keep it optional as long as it's not obvious they're being used to block. I see the advantages and Paul is right about the time/money invested in any race car regardless of class. If it was in the rules that they aren't allowed, why did you buy one would be my question? CC never has used them but CC you shouldn't need one. Most of the drivers in SS that I know hate the mirrors too but it does come down to driver awareness and respect as was said. Either way at least everyone is able to discuss it.

Archived