Will Red Bull leave F1 over FuelGate?

I also disagree with the rule. The problem is the rule was there and all the teams had agreed to a procedure to follow it (didn't have much choice as the FIA implemented the rule) and agreed to a plan b to fall back on if there were problems. RBR's flow meter was giving readings indicating that they were exceeding the fuel flow limit, so the stewards gave them a technical directive to go to plan b (a different way of metering the flow). They ignored the directive. Their biggest problem is now not so much whether they did or didn't exceed the fuel consumption rate, but that they disobeyed stewards orders. I agree that the rule hampers the racing and I think most, if not all, of the teams would agree. The problem is that everyone else was operating under the rules, and a couple of other teams even had the same order given to them by the stewards. They followed the order and came out fine.

Also, RBR has been way behind on this year's car in part because they spent so much time continuing to develop last year's car down the stretch of the championship run. Most of the other teams got a jump on them by starting development of this year's car months earlier. Somehow I have a feeling we wouldn't be hearing too much complaining from Mateschitz if his team were faring better so far.

Most feel like RBR is merely in F1 to promote their product. In the meantime they've managed to do very, very well on the track. But just as he pulled out of NASCAR, most feel that he'll eventually pull out of F1 as the benefit diminishes. Maybe he's already at that point, and is forming an exit strategy.

Was just reading an article where some folks in the LaMans cars are getting the same sort of "no more real racing" and "it's all about "global climate change" rules to ride around the track without actually racing....

http://fourtitude.com/news/motorsport_news_6/texas-test-behind-scenes-audi-test-runs-2014-r18-e-tron-quattro-circuit-americas/

I call B.S.

Once again grassroots racing has it right - the big leagues don't.

Nick

With basically 4 teams(2 Red Bull, 2 Toro Roso) and the millions upon millions of dollars invested for them to just weigh anchor and leave wouldn't be a very sound business decision....imho....They're just whining because they got busted and don't want to take responsibility, much like.....Never mind, I digress....

And a lot like when the Indy cars went to the pop-off valves it teams took a while to adjust.....Did they(Red Bull) get themselves behind the eight ball in an attempt to secure the 2013 title?....Hard to say, but with all the money, engineers, test drivers, etc. at their finger tips I'd find it odd if they did....

I will agree that this whole fuel limit situation is a detriment to the quality of racing in the series.....Whether it's backed, or as a result of the tree-huggers is anyone's guess....

Archived