LETS DO THIS !-2

arob

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah ok either way went back to the drivers of all classes. Fact of the matter is, there seems to be a huge interest in saving this track. Wish all the classes would have the support too but lets start with one and build them all on a local level. Hopefully Cody gets TALMS going, the Pro Mods show up, and we know the Dwarfs and TPS will be there. Nick's working hard for the Legacy's so these should be some good dates.

you dont need an honor system when your a racer who races to win .the purse is nice but if thats what you race for ,your in it for the wrong reason ,we never turn down the purse thats for sure but it isnt why this team races ..but 9th place aint looking bad ..lol

wont need the long haul if the money keeps growing ...only problem might be is too many cars showing up .id say cc will probably run 22...only time will tell....but if 18 cars show upi say if agree the other who put money for 19th and down move the money over to a long haul....... i will be talking to others for money ..

anyone have a problem with putting a sticker from a possible sponsor if they sponsor money in general towards the whole class .in which may be a drawing for that finished position to receive said money aslong as they have the sticker on their car ..this is based off how much they throw in if it needs to be divided to more than one car it could be done ...years ago moonshine car wax did that for the classes .it was only 25 dollars but came in handy ....good way to get sponsors to help a class out if they dont want to sponsor just on one car ...heck we use to race for oil and other products ...the sky is the limit on this and any ideal that will bring in something is a good ideal ..i have thoughts of a amount going to a drawing for pit crew award to be drawn at the end of the night by name ..if it gets that far .the pit crews work hard and some pay their way in and family and not get any of it back ..but we want to fill those race positions up before that ..,, i am going to ask for permission at auto zone if we can show some cars before 26th ,,,,,we have a big walmart right behind us .. frank pops carpenter use to sponsor a donut award . .that award went to whom ever did the worst driving that weekend or the dumbest move or spinning out all the time ....i had the honors once ...oops ......

the one thing i see is the money per position may just settle drivers down who drive crazy .why they wreck their cars they lose.. what i said were ideals and maybe my ideals can get someone to think of something better ..

Wow! The reaction to this is off the charts!Guess we better start thinking who will collect.I don't mind doing it but since very few would know me if they saw me I would understand if someone every knows and trusts would collect.I assume there will be a practice or two before the event so that would be a good time and place as most would be there.Be sure that every one who donates to positions 16 -20(or 22?)that the money may be split among the racers who showed but couldn't make the feature.I'd really like to see everyone get something this one time.Once this is filled anything raised after can be added or whatever you guys wanna do with it.This shows the passion the racers and fans at CCS have.I've said it many times and I still believe Corpus is in an unique position to support two tracks.Mr. Monroe deserves thanks for at least putting up 4 races.

Archived