Australian Grand Prix

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the weekend sked. Saw (and heard) practice #1 yesterday. The new cars sound like turbo charged toads on steroids? F1 power plants are suppose to scream, not grunt. Sure hope they race better then they sound. B)

Yeah they sound like crap. Here's my main gripe...imho an F1 car should sound unlike any other kind of race car. These sound very ordinary and uninspiring.

Interesting practice sessions. Reliability is the biggest challenge right now, followed by fuel consumption, more than likely.

I saw my first F1 race in Phoenix back in the 80's. F1 cars at full throat screaming thru the city streets. Guys like Senna, Mansell, and Prost rudely ripped the guts out of those power plants.

Back then, they sounding like real-deal race cars at full song.

This new model sounds more like an plain and predictable amusement park ride. But I've always said (in the big picture) it ain't the sound that matters, it's the show!

I saw my first F1 race in Phoenix back in the 80's. F1 cars at full throat screaming thru the city streets. Guys like Senna, Mansell, and Prost rudely ripped the guts out of those power plants.

Back then, they sounding like real-deal race cars at full song.

This new model sounds more like an plain and predictable amusement park ride. But I've always said (in the big picture) it ain't the sound that matters, it's the show!

Yeah but the sound is part of the show for many fans. But it looks like they're gonna be really quick once they get all the bugs worked out. 12 testing days on th most complex power unit ever just ain't enough.

Archived