Loss of Terry Bernsen

debwill

I just got word a little while ago that Terry Bernsen has passed away. He has been battling cancer for quite some time and had been under hospice care for the past few days.

Many of you may know Terry from his racing days at San Antonio Speedway. I remember his racing a #7 blue and yellow car - not sure if it was a Street Stock or another class (can't even remember the names of the old classes). I'm not sure which years he raced, but I'm sure some of you may have that information (txtom??).

I had the pleasure of working with Terry in the pits at the OctoberFAST race in 2012 when SAS reopened. He had also been a big help in getting the track ready for the reopening.

Terry received a phone call from his favorite NASCAR racer, Terry Labonte, a few days ago. Here's a FB link to the call:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202999527970152&set=vb.1263037105&type=2&theater

My thoughts and prayers go out to Terry's family during this difficult time.

I am so sorry to hear of Terry's passing. Raced with him a few times but never knew him. Worked with him at OctoberFast 2012 when SAS reopened. He told me he always wanted to do some race announcing and he did that weekend. I remember looking up several times and seeing him sitting atop the SAS pressbox with the mic in hand like a king. Proud I was able to do that with him.

Rest in peace my amigo..

I raced with Terry at San Antonio Speedway he was a great guy. He helped get my car rolling at the track after a crash Rest well Terry we will miss you

Archived