Prospects for Racing Events at SAS

LWF

• 6 months later...

I would love the chance to serve as the General Manager at the reborn, refurbished, refreshed San Antonio Speedway.

I would name Rick Day as Competition Director and Debbie Williams as Media and Public Relations Director and Rick "Takes one to know-one" Rapp as Chief Tech.

We would run Super Late Models, Pro Modifieds, Pro Trucks, Super Street Stocks and Sport Compacts/Eco Stocks at every event and invite Pro Sedans, Dwarfs and Legacys on a rotating basis.

Let the complaining begin!

Nick

Hey what about Bomber/Pure Stock/Chargers/Road Runners??? ;)

You nailed the reason in your question, Jon.

There is no agreed upon set of rules for that particular type of car. Just thumb back through dozens of threads here on Lone Star Speedzone that have to do with Bomber/Pure Stock/Chargers/Road Runners rules.

Everyone wants to run what they have in their car or what they run at their track and anyone not running what they think is the correct set of rules is deemed illegal or cheating or a wife-beater or something.

As track manager you can easily spend half your time dealing with all the issues/complaints that come from running that class. Been there. Done that.

But here's a solution. If you, Jon, come up with a set of rules that satisfies the overwhelming majority of folks running that class, I will appoint you the Class Director and I'll run that class every week until I have to deal with issues like whether fake animals -including dead chicken look-alikes - that attached to roll cages are legal or not.

Nick

Yeah we might be able to get back to when we could afford this stuff... When a pure was pure and street was street not a llm on small tires...dirt reference I know but that's what comes to mind ... Rule upgrades have I my mind all but priced many of us out of this passion...

If I did make rules, it would be more of a Pure Stock type and probably on street tires if the surface didn't eat them up. I know exactly what you mean. Here (CC), the class no one can agree on is Street Stocks, do we run CCS type rules or CTS type (LLM) more or less. No one can agree so guess what, no Super Street class anymore, STS just uses the shootout rules for Streets (not a bad way to go though).

Oh trust me, you don't want me to make rules...

It's relatively easy to write a set of rules. The trick is to write a set that the majority will agree to abide by... That's a whole 'nother story right there.

Nick

Unfortunately there is a lot of truth to those statements, HiTech.

There are a few drivers/teams who have the big picture in mind these days, though, and are stepping up to look beyond their own team's self-interest. I applaud those who do so.

Nick

Archived