2014 F1 Car Launches & Winter testing

Rather than start a new thread for each new car that's launched, I thought it would be nice to have one thread where we could see them all, so here's what's out there so far......

Here's the Williams FW36 in testing livery. Man, I don't know why they don;t just go with that livery all the time.

Bepx0qOCAAAckFU.jpg

Bep29TQIgAA7qAW.jpg

Bep2_IYCAAAdiRF.jpg

Force India VJM07 pre-launch teaser photo:

1390380789069264.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferrari F14T:

22541.jpg
I like it. Ferrari and McLaren have done the best so far in terms of looks, imho. Looks like Ferrari is trying to channel air around the nose just under the Shell logo rather than simply making the nose skinny.
f14t-frontview.jpg
f14t-sideview.jpg
f14t-topview.jpg
Ah. Just found this. Just what I thought.
nose-airflow.jpg

Sauber C33....only pic I can find so far. Word is that the front view is so bad they don't want to subject our eyes to it just yet. Who knows....

It occurs to me that all of the new cars either look good from the side or from the front, but not both...except maybe the McLaren.

sm_c33_press_front_side_2014.jpg

Sauber C33....only pic I can find so far. Word is that the front view is so bad they don't want to subject our eyes to it just yet. Who knows....
It occurs to me that all of the new cars either look good from the side or from the front, but not both...except maybe the McLaren.
sm_c33_press_front_side_2014.jpg

BfAJYKnCUAAWnZ1.jpg

Gotta love the slightly different approaches the engineers took to solve the new rules puzzle.

Nick

Yep. I love this time of year. It's one of the things that keeps me addicted. that, and the fact that these are just starting points & these cars will evolve all season long, week by week. I really want to attend a winter test some day.

I'm very intrigued by what Ferrari and Mercedes did. Seems like maybe they found a subtle way to have their cake and eat it too...getting airflow around and under the nose rather than simply tacking on a piece to adhere to the rules. Even more interesting on the Ferrari imho.

Archived