C.C. Speedway 2014 schedule

ccspeedway

The schedule is out now. Four races is what was decided. Start with those four and support them for those asphalt guys. If the results are good I see no reason why both tracks couldn't alternate weeks as it seems most tracks are "every other week" now. Driver's choice on what they want to run dirt vs asphalt but I can promise if asphalt cars show up and put on a show, fans will go. As a fan, I don't want to watch four to five cars every week and a predictable outcome but don't take that as a knock on management or anyone involved, that's just been the way it is for a few seasons now. I wish everyone at CCS well and that's no secret. I think everyone down here wants both tracks to thrive, only time will tell.

My name is Nathan Sturtz #84

Do we have the Bombers to race? We have 2 maybe even a 3rd from our shop that will be there if we make the schedule. Who else is interested?

What about the Super Streets? We have at least 2 from our shop that will be there if we make the schedule. I know most of you have moved on to other things but are any of you interested in the four CC Speedway dates?

This track cannot survive without ALL of our support so let's show it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

this guy arob should write a book on all the stories and history of cc speedway i bet he d sell them

lol if i help him write that book it would take years .. between both of us it would probably take ten years to finish it .that is just two of us ..then you add all the other old racers and fans from the past and your great great grand children will be old and grey before they get to read the first word ....i go back just a short time lets say minus four of fives years .1962 old memories pop in every once in awhile .like figure 8 races ,,mustang dare devil.. pits were right beside the grandstands .smoke blowing in your face from home made hamburgers over an open grill . the stands were loaded with children dreaming of a day when they could race a car man i remember being one of those children ...THE RACE IS ON .PLAYING over those old noisy bull horns they call speakers ..poor lighting , standing in long lines way out on agnes to get into the track .cars having to park on both sides of flato road after parking lot filled up . chicken fried steaks at tipps ..it can go on and on ....those were the days .and now its your turn to build memories .thank god racing is still alive and children today can dream like i and many before them of a day when they can race . i watched my son with that same dream .....young folks laugh at our stories and say thats the old days old news not interested ... and i stop to ponder .some day those same young ones will be old and the young ones then will laugh and not be interested in your story ...aint it great .this is in old term' isnt it great

Hell it would take him ten years to type the first page lol. History never dies, always interesting. If there weren't any of these "old" stories, new ones wouldn't be made.

True what you do in the future cant be with out the past .you learn history in school .you cant go forward with out it .

Archived