C.C. Speedway 2014 schedule

ccspeedway

Offical CC Speedway 2014 Schedule

April 26th, May 17th, June 28th, Aug 23rd

We feel the need to clear up any rumors . It seems everyone knows more about my finances and facts concerning the property than I do.The Fact Is I OWN CC Speedway,There is no clause in the deed demanding it stay a speedway ( It was Donnie Yocum and My desire to keep it a speedway)but nothing in writing.

Nick"s comments in referance to "Belly aching,unfounded accusations and hate talk" In another post sum things up.I have lost the love I once had for the sport.This year we will open 4 nights to support the TALMS,TPS and DWARFS and just go" RACING with my son and family"on our off nights and try to regain the passion I once had for the sport. CC. has some of the most loyal and awesome drivers and crews in the sport. BUT there are those that ruin it for me and everyone else! Other classes can be added if car count is there. We hope everyone supports CC and also C.T.S. and Houston as I will and try to keep asphalt racing alive in Texas. Nick if I need to edit anything please let me Know

I appreciate what you are trying to accomplish at CC Speedway, Dan, and I know how frustrating it is to deal with the boo-birds, and rumor mongers,etc. Some folks seem to feel obligated to make themselves look like big shots by taking pot shots at the folks who are giving it their best shot.

Please let me know if I can help your situation there.

Oh, by the way, James Huff and I are slowly and carefully putting the Legacy series back together again. We plan to ask you if the Lone Star Legacys can be included in your four 2014 shows even though our numbers may not be up to what we hope they will become. Give me a shout when you get a chance. 210-415-1251.

Nick

THE FIRST POST IS THE BLAME LIES WITH THE DRIVERS ONLY OR MOSTLY ..SAD .. .JUST AN OBSERVATION OF WHAT I READ IN THE REASONS WERE BASED ON . SURELY THAT IS NOT SOLELY THE CASE I HOPE ...WHEN YOU LOSE THE LOVE OF A SPORT AND THE BUSINESS STRUGGLES ONE SHOULD LOOK IN HIS OR HERS BACK YARD FOR THE REASONS WHY THE GRASS WONT GROW . ... I STILL SAY GOOD LUCK AND HOPE THE REASONS ARE FOUND AND REALIZED ..THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL THE GRASS GROW .STILL A FRIEND EVEN IF ITS MAYBE ONE SIDED WHICH BEGS AN ANSWER . JUST BECAUSE THEIR ARE COMPLAINS AND GRIPES DOES NOT MEAN AN ENEMY ...BUT WITH THOSE COMPLAINTS AND THE LACK OF BUILDING UP THE BUSINESS ONE SHOULD LISTEN AND ADJUST WHEN YOU GET SO MANY .A TENTH ON THE TRACK TAKES MANY ADJUSTMENTS .AND UNLESS YOU DO IT .YOU WONT GET IT .

Well Hi-Tech that happens at EVERY race track.Lets face it we all know where the cars are in Corpus.One night I asked several of the guys who used to run asphalt why they are doing dirt now.Not ONE said anything negative about CCS. They all said dirt was more fun .Now how do you fight that. Bottom line is Mr. Monroe took up the challenge and kept CCS going against all odds for a few years.I seriously doubt he broke even many times during that period. Asphalt is on life support except for HMP.Just the way it is.

It's easy to blame the ownership/management of a race track when it's on rocky ground. Any business is dependent on the financial strength and business know-how of the management team, but running a race track is not your typical business.

Operating a race track is not like in a business where someone goes in and buys something and then leaves. It's more like an ongoing entertainment center that is dependent on the quality of the entertainment and the environment to stay in business. And in this case, the entertainment is a collection of small businesses called race teams.

Race teams, in turn, pay off it's stakeholders and investors in something other than money - fun, challenges, adrenalin, thrills, fights, friendships, goals, skills, knowledge, etc, and (occasionally) wins. And in turn, each of those small businesses become stakeholders in the track right along side the track management.

The track can only control a certain amount of the thousands of variables that contribute to the success or failure of a track. The rest is up to the small, independent businesses called race teams. I think you see where I am going with this.

Sure, the track management plays a big role in the success or failure of a track, but unless the race teams are actively involved in recruiting new fans, in forming new race teams and recruiting new sponsors, they are not doing their part.

Taking that logic one step further, when race teams start openly bitching about the track management in public or among themselves, they are only hurting that track and themselves in the long run.

I have no magic wand to wave over CC Speedway and neither does anyone else. It's going to take both management and the race teams to work together to restore CC Speedway to its former glory.

That being said, I want to re-affirm that Lone Star Speedzone is not a platform for those who would attack ANY legitimate short track in Texas - and that certainly includes one of my very favorite tracks, Corpus Christi Speedway.

On the other hand, LSSZ is uniquely designed to be a safe place where open discussions about how to make things better can take place.

Nick

Arob , Im asking a question as John W. did ... 1 who are you 2 do you drive 3 do you own a car ,dirt or asphalt ,4Do you have a driver for your car5 Do you go to meetings and vote. You get on here and do your stuff and its very upsetting to me and probably to others cuz you have no blood in this , if you tell us who you are we(me) if you are afilliated with racing we can understand .....If NOT.. You have not walked the walk then don't talk the talk ,on how what track should do this or that track should do that or what ever !!! Leave CC alone .... DONT COMPAIRE Do you get it now !!!!!

Ok First let me apologize if I upset anyone. #1 name is Robert Hutchinson #2 never drove #3 never owned #4 no #5 no. Would I try to run a track, probably not. Now many years ago I did work on cars and pit crew.Most of the time just a fan in the stands .Went to CCS from 1957 until 1979. Then from about 1990 til 2008 or so.So most of my years as a fan were at CCS. Not that it counts for anything I guess. Sorry for my post angering anyone.It was not a swipe at CCS or anyone affiliated with CCS.I have praised Mr. Monroe several times and dissed no one.You are probably right I should not had compared.And I get it now as CCS will not be getting my admission and concession money now.Again please accept my apologies for expressing an opinion and may CCS be around a long time.

Round of applause guys...... The badmouthing and running of the mouths on here just cost CC another butt in the seats..... We finally got both tracks working together and this gets pulled. Arob, all I can say is I hope we see you at the track during some of the TALMS races. Without the fans in the stands our sport cant survive.

Mr. Hutchinson thank you for your 10 years plus in the racing community , Yes you are Affiliated with Corpus racing . At times some people get on here and do some damage .. I See that you know a lot with our sport . No Im sorry that I have offended you .. There is a lot of people that just wanted to know who you are . I think CCSW will be back soon , So you can spend the money on the admission and the concession as I will too

RACER 88 I AGREE WITH YOU .HE DOES NOT HAVE TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION ..BUT GLAD HE DID ..I HAVE WONDERED WHO WAS BEHIND THE NAME AND NOW WE KNOW ....... I READ DARN NEAR EVERY POST HE HAS .HE HAS DISAGREED WITH ME MANY TIMES .I ENJOY HIS POST . I TAKE NO OFFENSE .HELL A TON OF SPEEDZONE FANS DISAGREE WITH ME AND PROBABLY WISHED I WOULD SHUT UP ..I KNOW ILL GET A BIG YES ON THAT ONE .LOL ..BUT I TRY TO POINT THINGS OUT AND MANY A TIME IF NOT MOST I FAIL . I AM NOT A ENEMY OF CC .NEVER HAVE BEEN .I AM NOT AN ENEMY OF THE CURRENT OWNER BUT LIKE I SAID IT MAYBE ONE SIDED NOW SO BE IT ..BUT I AM NOT GOING TO SUGAR COAT JUST TO STAY IN GOOD GRACE THAT IS BUTT KISSING AND THAT WAS NEVER MY STYLE............... MR HUTCHINSON. I BET WE HAVE TALKED A FEW TIMES AT CC OR SEEN EACH OTHER OVER ALL THOSE YEARS .I STARTED GOING TO CC IN 1962 .WORKED THE PIT GATE WITH MELTON GATOR WAY BACK WHEN TERRY WAS RACING I HAVE BUILT OR HELPED BUILD CARS FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS FOR MYSELF AND OTHERS. I RACED FROM 89 TO 92 IN THE MINI STOCK 00 AND 25 .MY SON RACES THE GREEN 8 .. YOUR NAME SURE RINGS A BELL I JUST HAVE NOT PUT A FACE TO IT ..

What he meant by that is STS kept the CCS dates off their schedule. As Arob's son and a friend to a few of the CCS drivers I can assure you both of us wish Dan and everyone at CCS well. We made a few trips last year to CCS and things were ok. I know it has to be frustrating knowing there are cars out there and just not showing up for whatever reason. Don't think it's anything with management and if it is, it's between those drivers and management themselves. The friends I have that drive there are loyal to CCS so if I'm not at work I will be there to support them and help the track if I can. Dan, I hope you get the passion back and I know how bad you want CCS to work and thrive and seems like a few of the drivers are going to be there for you so keep it going and support it. Everyone at CCS were nice and professional when I was there last year and felt for all involved when car counts were low.

Every few months we have another round of folks defending their Corpus Christi track of choice. I have had to step in the middle of several of those threads, but not so much lately. I am glad to see that others stepped in for me which is really what needs to happen.

Both tracks are awesome. CC Speedway has got more history in turn two than most tracks will ever have in their entire existence. And Owen sure has made a huge success out of a track that was pretty much on it's last legs not all that long ago.

I honestly believe that Corpus has more than enough fans to support both tracks and both Dan and Owen know that Lone Star Speedzone is here to support both in any way we can.

Thanks for keeping things positive.

Nick

When it comes to class rules it should be drivers...when it comes to the Saturday night experience as a whole it should include everyone. We sometimes forget to realize that people who pay the admission fees are the ones who determine whether a track stays open or closes.

I've known Arob since I was a kid and he took me to watch races in S.A. before I was a teenager. He probably has more money spent in admission and concessions over 40+ years at CC than most guys at the track have in their whole car. He can tell you more racing stories about CC Speedway than anyone, and he has seen every class you can think of race on that track. I think his opinion is as good as any.

As a child I grew up watching my dad start his racing career at CC Speedway. Of course I watched through my fingers covering my face as he went flying by every lap. I was scared to death thinking he was on a Talledega Super Speedway style track at the time. Lots of memories I hold dear to my heart from back then. I cant say I havent done my share of complainting over the years about different tracks cause I have. Its easy to get flusterated when questions go unanswered. You begin to wonder if anyone is on the other end reading anything. So from a fans standpoint espicially in Corpus there is great passion in that racing area. Thats a proven fact that can not be argued. I havent seen or heard of anyone wishing bad luck on CCS. Now from a owner/promoters point of view you kill yourself working by yourself or with very little help. You most definetely have to fork out the pocket book before you see the first red cent and even then there is zero guarantee you get anything back for your efforts. So usually before any racing is even started the pressure and stress already starts in motion. It doesnt take but a negative few to get on your last nerve trust me and it usually comes from someone who in the wildest dreams would never put themselves out there or take a risk at making racing better. That maybe the most flusterating part knowing what ever you do someone not only wont like it but will attempt to make sure you and everyone else knows how they would do it if in your shoes. I wish CCS, its drivers and fans the best. Really cool move on STS doing what they can to help. Arob, I cant think of many more people that supports the racing in his area then he does. I thank him all the time for his efforts helping our Shootout. One thing for sure its easy to mistake "Passion" for "Negativity". There is a fine line between the two and its easier to turn "Passion" into " Negativity" if your not careful.

Archived