no bombers ?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I got an unofficial list of cars and drivers going. We can easily pull 20+ bombers for these 4 nights at CCS

Bombers

1. 8 Joshua McCain

2. 94 Tim Mason

3. #? Dennis Ward (new bomber)

4. 88 Mike Farish (CTS, possibility for a few races)

5. 91 Marcia Moore (CTS, possibility for a few races)

6. Dirty 30 Mark Chrudimsky(CTS, possibility for a few races)

7. 53 Cody Smith(CTS, possibility for a few races

8. 71 Shane Sturtz

9. 7 John Ramirez

10. 17 Chrystal Smith

11. #? John Hawkins (bought 00)

12. 46 Lee Vincent

13. 24 Joe Martin

14. 18 Kenneth Vincent

15. 44 Lee Eyler

16. 64 Nick Thompson

17. 21 Eric Ramos

18. 4 Gary McDonnel

19. 84 Nathan Sturtz

20. 84 Alaina Smith

21. 12 Ivan Winningham

22. 18 Joe Montemayor (possibility)

If there is anyone I am missing feel free to chime in with name and number. We have 17 cars that I'm almost 100% sure would be at all 14 with a possibility of the 4 CTS that I've talked to bringing bomber count to 21. Everyone that knows someone with a bomber needs to talk to them including the dirt guys. Kenny Smith said he would love to bring Alaina and her car. I'm sure they can pull more with them.

So nothing is official until we hear from Dan and Kandy. We have a pretty good Bomber list so far. We have a good start to the Super Streets pending the rules package. So the next question is......

Would everyone be open to the CTS SS rules package?

I'm assuming that if we do that we may be able to get some of those guys to come down from CTS since alot of our drivers have made the trip in support of their track.

Numbers so far:

Bombers.....John Hawkins ?, Joshua McCain, Nathan Sturtz, Shayne Sturtz, and Ivan Winningham

(I'll check with Greg maybe we can get Ryan Carlucci out there for some)

SS.....Troy Hensiek, Roger Sturtz, Nathan Sturtz

Any more?

Ryan is old enough to race stock cars now?

Scratch Ryan....He's old enough to run at STS. But I was told he is still to young to run CC.

To fast.... prove it!

she has ...lol.she hooked my son faster than any other driver out there has and didnt even use the bumper .i think that is fast enough ..i think it was moms tuning that did the trick .well one area out of reach of dads know how could not use a screwdriver. hammer .weight jack adjustment air pressure adjustment you get the point ....

I say for bombers same rules but instead of 16" vac. Rule to 15" vac to allow more of the dirt cars to come over, solid or stock motor mounts allowed. I'm sure a lot more people have solid mounts than stock mounts especially dirt guys.

Anyone else have ideas? Dan?

You've got an answer for everything don't you Josh? Maybe I should clarify. Most guys are spending more money with a super street than they would a sport mod. They also could run anywhere in Texas without spending a lot of money to keep up. Good job with what you're doing for the bombers. Suck that the Super Street class is dying off though.

NOT trying start a fight here . ..but why are bombers an issue to begin with .that class has had the most cars for years and still do on an average night they have carried the track as for car count for a long time over all other classes .with the lowest pay ...i dont think it is right nore fair to exclude this class from the four races mentioned ..and seeing it may be only four races if they run bombers .no rules other than a tire rule ...any bomber style car from any track should be able to run ..hell its for fun .no points racing so let em run and i bet you will load the field .the track wont even need a tech man for anything other than see what tires they run ..its a win win deal the track has nothing to lose .. no transponders either most visiting cars wont have em ..

cody you can have my autograph .five finger discount lol

Gotta ask.How do CCS rules match up to CTS and STS? I agree with Hi-Tech just let them run to the rules of their home track.It is only for 1 to 4 races that way no one has to spend $$$ to race.Any advantage in rules to CCS's could be adjusted by adding weight.

I'm sure we will hear from Dan officially at some point. I PM'd him this morning to discuss our efforts and what rules he would consider and he said it would be last years rules.

Not sure about CTS but I know STS has a weight requirement and CC does not.

son the issue to begin with was the bombers were not invited from the start . now it is said first race and see what happens from there .and i will go back and say let anyone race and the track will win ..arob joshua has raced against those other cars and classes from four tracks with one car .and they all are close i dont think there is a big advantage between them to really worry about for four races ..if the track wants to win this would be a great way towards it the fans will win also.......... now i have said my piece .over and out .

That's what I thought.I know he did well at STS and SAS.I'm with you just let 'em run.To Mr. Monroes defense he commited to TALMS , TIDA and the Dwarfs.The last two have been good to CCS for a long time.TALMS was great in their first year.Adding more to that is tough on any promoter.That is the reason I offered to add what little I can to the bomber purse.

Archived