no bombers ?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You missed some fairly substantial rants, Jon. Some folks just don't understand what harm is caused by getting on a public forum and bashing the living daylights out of a track operator.

There isn't track operator/owner in the world who can't improve, and I'm sure Dan can improve his operation. But that doesn't mean I will let folks get on here and bash away. Not under my watch anyway.

Nick

Slowman, unfortunately asphalt tracks are dying out and as a fan, I love STS but my memories are full from CCS and SAS so I hope it comes back but it's going to be extremely difficult no matter who runs it.

Nick, completely understood. Of course opinions will always be different but big difference between discussion and arguing/bashing.

Mat NO means NO, NO more SS at this time. Maybe next year . Oh that is also for the late mod too ..[edited out by Nick Holt, 1/29/2014] ok nick can I say pitty party.

[Reply from Nick Holt: Yes. You can say pity party, but that's not why your post was edited and you know full well why it wa In the future if you have an issue with the way edits are made, please contact me in private. I'm easy to reach.] ,,,, Ok nick Its all good I'll be a good boy,

So this all started with a question of whether or not the Bombers were invited and we got our answer!

SS was brought up and we got our answer (Now if the SS answer changes we have 2 that will be there).

So let's stay on topic and build the Bomber class bigger and better than it has been the past few years......yes I know it has been a great class but to see 20+ for these four races would be awesome.

Here are the cars that have said they will be there either to me or on here......

1. Nathan Sturtz (84)

2. Shayne Sturtz(71)

3. Josh McCain(8)

4. Nick Thompson(64)

5. Ivan Winningham(12x)

6. Joe Martin(24)

7. John Hawkins (83)

8. Alaina Smith (84)

9. Tim Mason (94)

10. Dennis Ward entry driver to be announced (25)

11. Ryan Carlucci (34) or Greg Jr or Sr......one of the Carlucci's will be in it!

Did I miss anyone that committed on here?

Josh you made quite a list but have they all committed yet? If so please add to the list.

For those concerned about coming to CC especially the Dirt Guys......Contact Dan directly and he will tell you what he expects in order to run CC. He mentioned to me he likes to talk face to face so there is no confusion on what he says. He told me he will be at the track week days up until the races start.

CC is my home track and even though I've only been racing a few years, I've been going to the races there off and on all my life. Yeah I've missed a lot the past 10 years but I'm Active Duty and have been moving around. So if it's open I'll be there. It's limited but we have a place to run so lets do it and have fun. That's what it's all about right? FUN......because none of us are making money doing it!

I respect and enjoy racing with all my fellow Bomber drivers and hope to see you all there.

SO LET'S BUILD THE BOMBER CLASS!!!!!!!!

Nathan Sturtz

#84 Bomber (for now!)

I believe the guy who bought Eric's car is in for sure. Kenny Smith said he would bring Alaina and her 84 pure stock from dirt. The guys I talked to from Kyle are still a maybe depending on work schedule for them. I'm almost positive we can have all the same cars from previous years there for this race(s)

in all honesty a track is a track no matter who runs it ...[edited out by Nick Holt, 1/30/2014] ...I don't know why my last post was deleted [edited out by Nick Holt, 1/30/2014]

[Note from Nick Holt: Please read the Lone Star Speedzone guidelines regarding bashing. In the future if you have concerns or questions about the why posts are edited or deleted, please contact me. I'm easy to find. Thanks.]

:ph34r: Nathan,

If Dan said the Bombers are invited, I will go buy the rest of the materials I need to finish this other car, and I will bring two cars out there for the first race.

If we are going on the same rules as last year, I should be able to finish this new car in a couple of weeks.

With that said, the following cars that I own will be there:

#94 Tim Mason and the new car #25 (Driver to be announced).

:ph34r: Cheers, Dennis :ph34r:

So there is no confusion of what was said, below is the PM conversation between me and Dan......He gave me permission to quote him.

From Me:

Dan/Kandy,

As I'm sure you have seen we are doing our best to organize and bring our local classes to the four scheduled shows. The Bomber list is looking pretty good so far and there is some interest in the SS pending the rules package.

If we adopt the CTS rules package we may be able to build this class up but before I or anyone else puts too much effort into this, would the CTS Rules Package be a possibility?

Thanks for your time,

Nathan Sturtz

From Dan:

At this time the bombers will be invited to the first race depending on car count. But I have lost to much money on the SS to throw any more at them. The Bomber rules will be the same as last year. Thanks and I will be at the track most of the week days till races start if you need any more details Dan

I'm in for sure. Thanks Nathan. Trailers being fixed ($300.00) Transmissions been rebuilt ($450.00), replacement fenders being ordered($400.00), sheet metal being installed this weekend($350.00), tires ordered tomorrow($400.00), wheels ordered tomorrow($300.00), new paint scheme being done soon($750.00), new racing suit sitting in closet($300.00), new racing shoe($125.00),etc ...

I'm going to be $5,000 deep in a $1,000 dollar car, so yeah i'll be there-- PROVIDED MY WIFE DOESNT SEE THIS POST lol.

Maybe a meeting with all the bomber/pure stock drivers would be a good thing.One thing to clear up would be if the STS guys can run as is.I've seen CCS cars at STS and they are competative.I would say let anyone run the first race at least and see after if any changes need to be made.Might want to start a new thread before it gets buried in this one.

HiTech, you are correct! I just am a guy that loves racing. I have been around it all my life. I raced motocross for 20 plus years then had to quit due to getting old! Lol! Then started drag racing motercycles for a few years until My wife had my daughter. I started taking my daughter to dirt track racing to watch when she was 3 years old first being at Rio Grand Speedway in they vally. Then we started going to CC Speedway and STS to watch great racing. When she turned 12 she kept asking if she could start racing the cars. I said maybe but mom said hell no! She liked to go to CC to watch Megan run in the bomber class and kept telling me she wanted to race. So, I bought her a car when she was 13. We worked on it in the off season and had it ready for the 2012 season at STS. She had just turnd 14 and she was ready but mom was not! She had a long year and learned a lot! I was and am very proud dad! We had a lot of people help us and take us under their wing teaching us the art of auto racing... I never knew you could adjust a car so much!! She is hooked and I am hooked and hope to do this for a very long time. The best thing about it, Is our new "Racing family". This will be my daughters 3rd year racing... We are still very new to the sport and learn something every race. We are very blessed to have tracks in our back yard. STS will always be her home track but will also try to support other tracks also. We need them! I couldn't imagine trying to run one with so many different personalitys. Hats off to them! Let's just race! sorry to bore some of you but it was asked.

I am Kenny Smith, dad of Alaina Smith #84 pure stock

PS: Mom is now hooked also!!!

Archived