no bombers ?

arob no argument from me with choosing those other classes and what dan has done with em he picked some great folks to race . ...i just think it is a golden opportunity to get cars from other tracks who want to race with the bombers but do not fit the rules to a T. if the track runs the rules the class has now that would not help in bringing others ..tires would be the only rule i see needs inforced .if you dont throw those other cars a line they wont bite ..

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta ask.How do CCS rules match up to CTS and STS? I agree with Hi-Tech just let them run to the rules of their home track.It is only for 1 to 4 races that way no one has to spend $$$ to race.Any advantage in rules to CCS's could be adjusted by adding weight.

Off the top of my head

CCS has 16 inch vacuum rule

STS has 15 inch vacuum rule

CCS stock springs only

STS allows racing springs I believe

CTS changed up rules this year and are now allowing locked rear ends by welding spider gears or mini spool. Only suspension mod I believe is Camber adjustment by factory shimming only

Not sure on any other differences though

oldracer yep and my wife and joshua's mom scored for all those years and were driven crazy anytime the car count was over 22 ..with what i suggest for the loose rules for four races i bet the count would be over that ..that should be a no brainer ..

Well I suppose I might as well put my two cents in , since my name has been put on a list without my knowing!

As we all know Dan owns my car and allows me to drive it from time to time, and with that said YES I will be at any race we have for the bombers... If they don't run, then I don't race so we all see where I stand...

If we aren't running bombers, you can bet I will be at the track helping out however I can , trying and hoping this 4 race season blooms into a full season in the future. Its a real shame that this track has come to this position, and Its a real shame that Dan has come to feel the way does about a track and sport that he obviously loves. I see some good posts on here and some that could go without saying, but this is a free country and we have the right of freedom of speech.

Anyways I'm done rambling and only want to say one more thing, Hopefully we all can pull together and save this track that obviously has a great history and a great following.....

By the way, My name is Joe Martin #24 bomber, "wally" just so there isn't any confusion......lol

Gotta ask.How do CCS rules match up to CTS and STS? I agree with Hi-Tech just let them run to the rules of their home track.It is only for 1 to 4 races that way no one has to spend $$$ to race.Any advantage in rules to CCS's could be adjusted by adding weight.

Off the top of my head

CCS has 16 inch vacuum rule

STS has 15 inch vacuum rule

CCS stock springs only

STS allows racing springs I believe

CTS changed up rules this year and are now allowing locked rear ends by welding spider gears or mini spool. Only suspension mod I believe is Camber adjustment by factory shimming only

Not sure on any other differences though

STS has weight rule CCS does not

Whoa! That post won't be up long! Every promoter/owner makes mistakes it comes with the job.Bottom line is he opened the track when no one else would.Ran it several years with 25 cars total in the pits most nights.As good as Abel was even he couldn't get the car counts up and when he put together a big show 5 or 6 cars show with the exception of TALMS.Now Dan wants to be part of his sons racing and sees the opportunity going away because there are only two asphalt tracks left to race on so he better go now or start thinking racing dirt.Whatever the reasons if CCS is to survive some bridges need to be built.

We are working on making it better. I can almost guarantee you'll see more cars per class in 2014 than you've seen in the passed 5 years. We have started to work together with scheduling with STS and that will help tremendously. That way racers and race fans won't have to choose. So please support your local tracks when they are running. I know I'll be at STS when I'm not racing elsewhere. CC Speedway will always be home for me. Dan has given us a great opportunity to save CC Speedway. Lets not screw this up by running mouths on here!

I do my best to keep things positive around here, but every now and then someone has to get up on a soapbox and blast away at a track or promoter.

I am not here to judge whether the rant is 100% or 100% wrong. Rants against Texas short tracks and Texas short track promoters are not permitted in the forums.

That doesn't mean that reasonable discussions about topics of interest are edited or removed. They are not. In fact, until someone felt the need to launch an attack, this thread had a lot of valid points brought up and some positive moments as well.

That being said, I have deleted several posts made over the past few minutes. Hopefully, things can get back on a more positive wavelength soon.

Nick

Man I must have missed some soap opera stuff. Again, I want to thank Dan and EVERYONE at CCS for doing what they can. The drivers that did show up every night possible and the ones committing to it. I'm glad to see Owen help with scheduling and hope drivers show up from both tracks to support the four shows. Dan, I will be there your four nights open this season and truly hope it's something to build on for the future.

Jon Hutchinson

Archived