Limited Late Model

Taz Racing

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I put a SUPR spoiler on my cars?

If you don't think a spoiler makes much difference at our speeds, think about this:

At 60mph a 6" X 60" spoiler set at 60* puts 600lbs of downforce on the rearend. If you think that doesn't help with forward bite off the turn, how about I run the SUPR spoiler and you don't run any spoiler.

LOL.. I think we are taking things alil out of context...run what ya want in my opinon....lets go race.....put a sprint car wing on it...dont care...

Rusty your correct...it was general conversation...but how many of us run a 2200lbs car where clocking the angle of the spoiler is really gonna make a difference? at least on a leaf car cause I am not on the bars putting the spoiler in the air like ya do..And i say that with a huge smile... LOL...

Shane.... LMAO... cant race till opening night....unless im missing something.....Itll be good to catch up with everyone and have fun...And fix that motor with anti blow....hate seeing ya tear equipment up...got a bad fast car bro..

Drew let him run his 12" I'll go find a sprint wing to put on yours. All kidding aside your class has come a long way and was fun to watch last year and judging by the comments in this thread the LLM class seems to be growing so car count usually means more entertainment for both sides of the fence.

LMAO.. thats funny Top.... Rusty builds em fast.... And this is good stuff that we are all talking and not fighting. means we all care about our class.. we are unique because it is a budget racers class that is really fast for our weight....and a great stepping stone for those wanting to drive the tube cars...Looking to put on the best show we can for sure!

Guys.... I read thru the rules very closely... And all of the issues we talked about are covered in there.. Alum tubes allowed, Alky allowed in all carbs...etc. etc... so i think everyone needs to go back thru the rules as Rusty has posted and reread them... I even found something that i never knew. So before we get this way out of wack I ask everyone to please take time to read them.... I think yall may answer your own questions... JMO.... :D

I like the big spoilers, they look cool and people in the stands can read whatever stupid thing I put on the rear of the spoiler, but I will have an 8 incher on mine. I guess they will have to use binoculars to see what I put on it...maybe if anybody is behind me they can tell everyone else what is written on my spoiler....lol

Not everyone agreed on running alky we r running racing fuel and did not say we were running alky. This class has had rules shifted several times in 9 years tearing the class down to nothing. The rules do not need to be changed to add exspenses to someone. I think the rules r very clear on what u can and cant run. I think last season was a good season there was no complaining about carbs than. So y try to mess around with a class that is building and puts on a good show. Rules r inplace for a reason so if everyone goes by the rules and stops trying change them or break them than u find find out the winner is a winner because theres a good driver behind the wheel. All I am sayingis the rules r clear go by them keep them. This is our hobby and we r putting on a show for the fans its not a career running nascar. The rules state 8 inch spoiler run an 8 inch spoiler ours was a supr spoiler but was cut down to 8 because rules r rules. Theres not one class at the track that does not have cars beding the rules including the llms. So bottom line read the rules go by them and lets go racing have have fun. And for future referance if the classs has a meeting which I know the other night was spur of the moment than every driver should know its not that hard to post on lonestar facebook and by word of mouth so that every driver is included the class it made up of all cars and their input not just selected cars. Many sts driver ran I37 and I37 drivers has been at STS going on 2nd season all with the same rules so there is no rhyme or reason y anyone should have something on their car they shouldnt. If finger pointing and whining would stop and the people who r bending the rules and they know who they r would learn obedience than the LLMs would be one of the best watched classes at STS. Take my post as u wish but im simply stating theres no "I" in the word class. And the people who tend complain r the people who dont go by rules and get butt hurt cause an illegal car was beat by a legal car and they dont stop to think that the driver in the seat plays a big role in winning. Lets go racing.

Yes they do. I stated not everyone said they wanted to run alky as u put in previous post we stated we were still running racing fuel. I am not against alky by all means its a cooling mechanism, I just wanted it clear that not all cars wanted or will be alky and I say that as in talking about our car. Re read my post that states we r running racing fuel. My post is simply my opinon that the rules are clear and have worked and shoulnt try and b changed or broken. And that every driver should be present when changes r discussed. Everyone has an opinon obviously as many have stated so I have stated mine.

lol... yes the rules say any fuel on any carb...

racing wife..lol.. i know what you meant no harm no foul..

Powerhouse...I want to use an led light bar on my roof line to see the slick spots. LMAO...

i like pump gas...cheaper, easier to get, and the people at valero like it when we pull in.. LMAO...

Archived