NASCAR AMCAR class to debut at HMP's 2014 season opener

NickHolt

NASCAR AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR AUTO RACING CLASS TO DEBUT AT HOUSTON MOTORSPORTS PARK'S 2014 SEASON OPENER

Houston, TX (December 13, 2014) - The future of local-grass roots stock racing is now.

Houston Motorsports Park is proud to announce that it will run the newly formed AMCAR class – which combines metric stock car suspension with current production fiberglass bodies of the Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger – for the entire 2014 oval track season.

The new AMCAR – American Muscle Car Auto Racing – class will merge with what has been the Stock Car class, one of the top three NASCAR sanctioned classes at HMP, and form the NASCAR American Muscle Cars class for the 2014 season and beyond.

“It is no secret that the appeal of the traditional stock car class has been on the decline from both racers and fans,” said John Mandabach, vice president and general manager at HMP. “We felt it was time to put some new energy, resources and excitement into this level of racing.”

This new budget friendly class – where affordability has been built into the class – allows racers an economical way to get familiar with full-size V8 powered race cars on an entry level basis. And that is the perfect starting point for a driver that has dreams of racing on Saturday nights at the local level or on Sundays at the national level.

“This class is an affordable race car with a modern look,” Mandabach said. “It makes it easier for racers to attract sponsors when the car looks like a modern, real race car and not something from the 1970s and 80s that has been hit one too many times.

“Also, the rules allow for quite a bit of creativity in the car set up. The rules are designed that way intentionally to allow drivers and crew chiefs the ability to find hidden advantages, which is also part of the fun – when you think you found something on the set up that others haven't and use it for an advantage on race day – of racing. Puts a little extra kick in your step when you win.”

Besides the ease in which it is to get involved in the new AMCAR class at HMP, drivers will also have a chance to earn some big money, thanks to a $10,000 points fund being put up by Mitchell Motorsports.

That points fund will be on top of the Feature purse payout of $600 to win and $100 to start.

In addition, racers at any AMCAR sanctioned race track – where the exact AMCAR rules are used – will be eligible to earn points for a piece of the Mitchell Motorsports Points Fund.

“The car is very appealing, as we have not shown the car to anyone who did not think it was a great looking car,” said Steve Green, who will field at least one car in the new NASCAR American Muscle Car Auto Racing class this season. “You will see a group of drivers in these cars you would have not seen in stock cars and this will up the competition. (That will) make for bigger car fields and better racing. As a racer, that is what we want.”

And that is exactly what Houston Motorsports Park and the AMCAR class aims to accomplish.

HMP is a state of the art complex, situated in a park like setting inside Beltway 8, on the North-East side of Houston, only 20 minutes from downtown and 20 minutes from Bush Intercontinental Airport.

For more information on racing at HMP, visit www.houstonmotorsportspark.com or call 281-458-1972. If you want information on Fiesta go to www.fiestamart.com, see www.coca-cola.com for info on Coke products andwww.bwfsindustries.com for info regarding BWFS Industries LLC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT RACE INFO

Race: NASCAR Season Opener

Date: March 8

Gates open: 5 p.m.

Racing starts: 6 p.m.

Classes: NASCAR Fiesta Modifieds, NASCAR BWFS Coke Trucks, NASCAR American Muscle Car Auto Racing, Ecostocks

2014 SEASON

Date Event

March 8 NASCAR Season Opener

March 22 Fiesta's Spring Shootout

April 5 NASCAR Double Feature Night

April 19 9th Annual “Fiesta's SPEEDFEST”

May 10 NASCAR Double Feature Night

May 24 Fiesta's Memorial Weekend

June 7 NASCAR Double Feature Night

June 21 NASCAR Racing

July 5 Fiesta's Independence Shootout

July 19 NASCAR Double Feature Night

August 2 Fiesta's Summer Sizzler

August 16 NASCAR Double Feature Night

August 30 Fiesta's Spectacular

September 13 NASCAR Double Feature Night

September 27 Fiesta's Fall Fastival

October 11 NASCAR Racing

October 25 BWFS Industries NASCAR Night

A couple of pics of the new AMCAR race cars

post-3-0-72909900-1386958296_thumb.jpg

Sid McDonald photo.

post-3-0-24451700-1386958306_thumb.jpg

Sid McDonald photo.

The new NASCAR American Muscle Car Auto Racing class, which features the iconic body styles of the Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger, is set to debut at Houston Motorsports Park for the NASCAR Season Opener on March 8 with a $10,000 points fund for the year's champion.

You would think that somebody would do something to reduce the cost of these bodies and make them more affordable to the racer. I personaly think a good place to start would be to sale the bodies for 500.00 less than the truck body. Then I would not stop there, next I would improve the pay out. Then I would have a points fund set up that would pay out somewhere around 10,000.00. Of course that would probably never happen.

" .......... to reduce the cost of these bodies and make them more affordable to the racer. I personaly think a good place to start would be to sale the bodies for 500.00 less than the truck body. Then I would not stop there, next I would improve the pay out. Then I would have a points fund set up that would pay out somewhere around 10,000.00. ..."

Have you ever been accussed of insider trading?

I'm confused. I thought the bodies cost $1695 which is cheaper than any current full size fiberglass body on the market.

John, please don't confuse folks with the facts, sir. It's much more fun to make stuff up and then argue about it.. LOL

Nick

I'd hate to try to compete against that with a stock frame car.

Are those frames going to be allowed in trucks?

Actually, as I reread this it sounds like I'm being negative. Not so! What I mean is this chassis will allow better distribution of weight with less "overhang weight" and should make it easier to tune the chassis. If I was going to build anything with a metric frame, I'd see if the rules would allow this substitute. Good job.

i would like to see what they mean by metric STOCK CAR suspension...is it after market uppers and lower....i know they are not useing the stock mounts so how can it be metric stock car suspension....you have to build a new car if you raced in the pro stocks to just stay up with the new cars

The bare frame in the pic above weighs the same as a stock OEM metric frame and has exact same pickup points. The fabricated lowers that are available are also exact OEM metric dimensions and weight. This is at least the third or fourth time we have posted this information on LSSZ so apparently we are not making it clear enough. Not sure how else to say it...

AMCAR has contracted with Johnson Chassis to provide the bare frame. From Johnson website: "The objective is to build a replacement for the GM METRIC FRAME NOT AN IMPROVEMENT. A GM-METRIC FRAME AND COMPONENTS have been digitally reverse engineered to factory GM specifications and recorded."

Here are some pics of a Complete Chassis Package newly available from AMCAR for $4895.

This includes:

1. AMCAR Fabricated Frame

Bare Frame with front frame extension

Motor Mounts, Suspension Points, Spring Buckets

Transmission X-Member & Center X-Member

Serrated A-Arm Mounts

2. AMCAR Welded Cage Kit

3. Front & Rear Bay bar Upright Supports

4. Door Plate

5. Floor Plate

6. Reinforced upper trailing arm bracket

7. Driver Compartment X-Brace

8. Front & Rear Wishbone Supports

9. Rear Deck & Bumper Supports

10. Reinforced Spring Bucket Support

11. Earnhardt Bar

12. A-Pillar Supports

AMCARCHASSIS1.jpg

AMCARCHASSIS2.jpg

AMCARCHASSIS3.jpg

AMCARCHASSIS4.jpg

AMCARCHASSIS5.jpg

frame-ext.jpg

Frame and body from junk yard 750.00

Gut and clean Body 20hrs @ 15.00 300.00

Strip and Clean frame 10hrs 150.00

Materials for cage (tubing,tabs,spring buckets, and mounts) 500.00

Labor to weld cage assuming you have a welding machine 50hrs 750.00

(After body has been mounted) Grinding,sanding,and painting 30hrs 450.00

Paint 200.00

Materials to cover headlight and taillight area to resemble some kind of a car from 70's and 80's 100.00

Pain and suffering from your wife because your garage and driveway looks like a junkyard

and you never ever do anything with her or the kids any more. 1,000,000.00

Total assuming that you have the proper tools and are willing to work for mentioned labor rate 1,003,200.00

Option #2 Chassis and Body (painted) from Amcar 6490.00

Oh and by the way it looks exactly like a 2013 Camaro,Mustang, or Charger which makes it very marketable

and attractive to sponsors that will bring additional purse MONEY. As much as I would love for wife to have the 1,000,000.00

to spend I can't afford to build my own car. So I would have to go with AMCAR

Nowhere in the rules does it say that it must have a c-channel. The intent of these rules is to have options. If you do not have the facility and or ability to build your own then there is an option that allows you to buy a fabricated chassis that has no clear cut advantage over a OEM. And if you feel that you can save yourself money by building your own chassis then you have that option as well. If option two is your choice then read the rules and you will see that they have intentionaly been left open to allow for creative thinking. Even if you have the ability to build your own but are comfortable inside the box that we have been in for years then feel free to stay there. I on the other hand feel that we are still racing with1950's technology because of that damn box. Just because you may build it differently does not make you a cheater. I will now step down off of that damn box.

Archived