2014 TALMS Rule Additions.

TheCloser

In the 2014 TALMS Series these changes will be made.

1. The Red AMB Transponder will be used at all tracks except for Altus Speedway. Please purchase one before the beginning of the year.

2. A small left side peep mirror is allowed. But no large rear view mirror.

3. A one way scanner or raciever will be required at all events. This helps with lineups after cautions. Please purchase one before the season starts.

4. NO TWO WAY RADIOS/SPOTTER & SCANNERS ALLOWED! If you are caught using a spotter you will be automatically disqualified from the race receiving no points or money.

More rule additions to come.

Having driven with a mirror and without. I sometimes felt the mirror was a crutch especially when I started. When I went to dirt and took off the mirror I was worried less about what was behind me and was more aware of what was in front and both sides and could 'feel' when someone was on the outside or inside of me if they were not in view by listening for them. Ever since I have not used a mirror. Its interesting tho because its definately a dirt vs. asphalt deal just about everyone on asphalt it seems wants a mirror and most dirt racers that I know would rather race without one no matter the class.

DESPITE WHAT SOMEONE MAY HAVE TOLD YOU WE ARE NOT SIDEWAYS ON DIRT AS MUCH AS YOU THINK. IF THE GUY BEHIND YOU KNOWS YOU DONT HAVE A MIRROR HE IS NOT CLEAR TILL HE IS UP BESIDE YOU, NOT JUST AT YOUR LEFT REAR QUARTER PANEL. ONCE AGAIN JMO, NOT TRYING TO START A BATTLE JUST A LITTLE BORED WITH ACTIVITY ON WEB, I DONT DO FACEBOOK OR TWITTER.

BOBBY JACK

i use a mirror when i get on the track and off .or use it to make sure i cleared someone .other than that i dont use it .those who race by the mirror dont realize if they looked forward more often they will run faster .plus if i see eyes looking at me more than they should i usually help them look forward coming into the next turn ......that always seems to work lol. .

For what its worth,

driver A should be able to drive his (or her) line without a mirror or radio.

driver B should be able to get up along side far enough that driver A can see they are there and act accordingly.

if driver B can NOT accomplish this then they should be patient and work on their car during the week to make it better for the next race. THAT is racing. Not this win at all cost mentality that seems to show up when the half way flags are out.

If you believe the above mentioned is not possible, then you have not raced at these same Texas track 20 years ago. We had better racing and A LOT less wrecks.

Cory

For what its worth,

driver A should be able to drive his (or her) line without a mirror or radio.

driver B should be able to get up along side far enough that driver A can see they are there and act accordingly.

if driver B can NOT accomplish this then they should be patient and work on their car during the week to make it better for the next race. THAT is racing. Not this win at all cost mentality that seems to show up when the half way flags are out.

If you believe the above mentioned is not possible, then you have not raced at these same Texas track 20 years ago. We had better racing and A LOT less wrecks.

Cory

"LIKE"

.....not just Texas either Cory

.............driver B should be able to get up along side far enough that driver A can see they are there and act accordingly.

Cory

Like also.

Unfortunately, most driver A's seem to think "act accordingly" means take out driver B, or driver B's think it's OK to bump the rear quarter of driver A if he doesn't quite have enough to make the pass.

Agree 100% with what Cory said. FWIW, at Slinger Super Speedway, any driver not holding his line is black flagged. For those that have never been there or heard of it. Slinger is a 1/4 HIGH banked asphalt track where the SLMs turn 11.25 second laps. They have 2 wide racing every night. It is an awsome place.

Agree 100% with what Cory said. FWIW, at Slinger Super Speedway, any driver not holding his line is black flagged. For those that have never been there or heard of it. Slinger is a 1/4 HIGH banked asphalt track where the SLMs turn 11.25 second laps. They have 2 wide racing every night. It is an awsome place.

Been there a few times in the late 90's with Bickle. Crazy fast track.

Sorry Cody for high jacking your thread. I think the TALMS series is on its way up. Great racing and great car counts. Im sure a few rules tweeks wont stop the progress.

If I remember correctly the flagman holds up a little sign while pointing the black flag. Sign I thought says 1 Line... Saw a 100 Lap SLM race there last year and had a blast. I think they ran something like 60 laps door to door and I think there was only I bad caution. Rest were just guys that spun on their own... Awesome track...

Archived