Track Promoter

Abel64

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Super Street is not a Limited Late Model.Translated to dirt its a street stock.You guys are racing for 2 grand next week a couple of blocks away.The talk here is it might be your only choice next year.Greg Jr won a couple years ago with a CC Speedway Super Street asphalt car.Might be a good place to start.Especially if your FAST!

I HAVE A CAR THAT USED TO BE A CCSPEEDWAY STREETSTOCK ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO, THEN BECAME A LLM AT STS ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO. I BOUGHT IT LAST YEAR AND RAN LLM AT STS THIS YEAR AT ABOUT 3300 LBS. WON A COUPLE OF HEAT RACES BUT NOT VERY COMPETIVE. I CHANGED IT BACK TO STREETSTOCK AND PLAN ON RUNNING IT DEC 13-14 AT STS AT 3300 LBS.

BOBBY JACK

i just think it is too bad all of us cant own two cars one for each track ...problem solved ...but one thing i will not except ..is cc not being able to compete with sts ..there are still alot of drivers who race dirt right now who by heart will race cc if the right system was in place ...this city is big enough for both tracks ..they are both unique in the shows they can put on ..just the right system comes along where bridges that have burned and are still burning can be amended ...it will take the right manager to make it happen ..i will never take away what owen has done with sts he has proven to every one he can and has made the right moves ...

Doug I think they just threw a name out there. What the class is called doesn't really matter. Like I said y'all stay super streets and the new Shootout class can just be Hobbies. Really doesn't matter what you call it.

No one has an advantage as of right now. If cc doesn't open there is only 1 local track to race at unless you can afford to travel the 8 or 9 races at CTS next year. JMO

Corpus does have enough racers for two tracks but not on the same night.STS ,TRP ,SOS and CBS don't have large car counts just because of the promoters. It is because the tracks are fun to race on (based on some drivers I asked about the difference between dirt and asphalt). CCS was that way back when Owen had it so it can be again for sure.

Doug I think they just threw a name out there. What the class is called doesn't really matter. Like I said y'all stay super streets and the new Shootout class can just be Hobbies. Really doesn't matter what you call it.

ok I see ,,sorry if I got anyone upset , I understand .Ill be good ,,You know I always root for you when you race. Ill see ya at the shoot out.

A lot of folks think it's too hard to convert their car from asphalt to dirt. It really isn't unless you're running against a dirt class that uses the extreme 4-link rear setup. a conventional 3-link setup has a hard time competing with the 4-link cars.

But if you're wanting to convert in just about any other class, you really don't have to do much since most dirt tracks in South Texas turn dry slick where your asphalt setup actually is able to compete head-to-head with the dirt cars.

Nick

I never thought i would say this but i agree with poorboy and the flying carlucci ,G60s or street tires , im talking about on sportmods, call the superstreet whatever you want and have some fun racing . and thumper there was a guy that ran the same g60s all year when carlock ran the track and won most races he was in and no it wasnt lawrence.

Archived