Track Promoter

Abel64

Due to certain unforseen circumstances,as of October 27,2013 I am no longer affiliated as track promoter of CC Speedway. I would like to thank everybody involved including all the staff,fire crew and sponsors. Everyone enjoy the off season and good luck to all.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Due to certain unforseen circumstances,as of October 27,2013 I am no longer affiliated as track promoter of CC Speedway. I would like to thank everybody involved including all the staff,fire crew and sponsors. Everyone enjoy the off season and good luck to all.

SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU GAVE IT A GOOD SHOT I KNOW I GAVE YOU A HARD TIME BUT YOU UNDERSTOOD .. .NOW YOU CAN GO BACK TO WHAT YOUR FIRST LOVE IS .RACING ...SEE YOU AT ONE OF THE TRACKS ....

• 3 weeks later...

That track has all the potential in the world to be restored into one the best quarter-miles ever.

Dan Monroe stepped up to save the track from shutting down and that is appreciated by all concerned. He was there when no one else was. We all owe Dan our thanks and continued support.

Yes, it will take serious $$ and an experienced track manager with the desire, knowledge and background to turn the track back into its former glory. It can be done and will be done if we all want it to happen.

But it's not going to happen unless we all figure out that this is our track and not just the owner's track. Gone are the days when we had the luxury of bitching about everything. There isn't a racer in the world who's satisfied with the rules, the track, the manager, the concessions, the price, the purse, and everything else. But if we want the track to survive and get better, we need to pull together with the owner instead of making his life miserable every chance we get.

Nick

well put Nick..I have to agree..to add to that I saw this on Facebook and thought I would share...

Dear lord this is a prayer for I am only made of black asphalt, with 4 turns missing the sound of roaring engines racing around.. the cheer of fans up in the stands cheering to their favorite driver, I pray that the best of the best drivers keep me alive for I don't won't to be put on the forgotten list for I am the fastes track in Corpus Christi, Texas

written by mother

Yes , gotta admire anyone who steps up to operate a race track. I had a nice conversation with Mr. Monroe one night and we talked about the "old days".As we talked I could see the passion he has for CCS. That in itself is a good start.So here are a couple of unsolicited suggestions to grow CCS. #1-Do not schedule the same dates as ..... #2- Take the streets and mods off the slicks.This would put things back in the drivers hands and reduce follow the leader racing.#3/ Track surface has to be worked on. Nick is right about CCS having potential. There are a lot of race cars in this area and room for two if the desire is there.

Didn't mean to stir the hornet's nest so to speak. I saw the promoter change and was just curious if ownership has changed too. I grew up at CCS and SAS and would love to see the "old days" car counts and exciting racing there again.

every time i bring up old days youngsters say you live in the past ...we are the older racers from the past and we knew what it was like to fill the stands and pits ,it was great ..sts works hard to do both and it takes both young and old to make that happen . the older folks like us have a hard time with the ideals of the young cuz we are set in our ways ..hard headed ..ok did that make any sense ..you be the judge ......

NOW I WILL GO OUT ON A LIMB HERE. THIS IS MY OBSERVATION AND I STAND IN FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF

IF DAN DOES NOT OPEN THE TRACK I CAN UNDERSTAND SOME OF THE REASONS. I KNOW OF MORE THAN ONCE OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS HE HAS MENTIONED TO ME HOW MUCH HE WOULD LOVE TO HELP HIS SON DURING THE NIGHTS RACING, JUST LIKE I AND ALL THE OTHER DADS HAVE THE LUXURY OF DOING. THAT HAS TO BE HARD AND I KNOW IT IS. ITS TOUGH TO BE TORN BETWEEN HAVING TO RUN A TRACK AND DEAL WITH OTHERS PROBLEMS YET HE CANT TELL HIS SON NOT TO RACE. I COULD NOT IF I WAS IN HIS SHOES.

MY WIFE SCORED FOR MANY MANY YEARS AT CC AND OTHER TRACKS. THE ONE THING THAT REALLY MADE IT HARD ON HER I RACED. ONE, SHE COULD NOT ENJOY MY RACING SHE COULD NOT GET INVOLVED SO SHE WAS LEFT OUT ON A LOT ...SHE HAD TO KEEP WHAT SHE DOES AND WHAT I DID PROFESSIONAL AT ALL TIMES. SHE NEVER DID ME ANY FAVORS. BUT JUST LIKE DAN SHE AND I HEARD ALL THE RUMORS OF FAVORITISM. IN FACT WITH DAN AND HIS SON I HAVE ALSO FELL INTO THAT RUMOR TALK AND I SHOULD KNOW BETTER. I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED DAN SURE WE HAD OUR MINOR PROBLEMS. NO SURPRISE. I RESPECTED WHERE HE STOOD ...IF HIS HEART IS NOT INTO RUNNING A TRACK. I CANT FAULT HIM.

I HOPE HE FINDS SOMEONE TO TAKE OVER THE SHIP AND SAIL ON TO REBUILDING THE GLORY THAT TRACK HAD..

Yes , gotta admire anyone who steps up to operate a race track. I had a nice conversation with Mr. Monroe one night and we talked about the "old days".As we talked I could see the passion he has for CCS. That in itself is a good start.So here are a couple of unsolicited suggestions to grow CCS. #1-Do not schedule the same dates as ..... #2- Take the streets and mods off the slicks.This would put things back in the drivers hands and reduce follow the leader racing.#3/ Track surface has to be worked on. Nick is right about CCS having potential. There are a lot of race cars in this area and room for two if the desire is there.

#2- No way! Going backwards is not the way to attract new drivers and keep the crowds coming to the track. The parts for these cars are getting way too hard to find, and when you do find them, they cost a bunch. The slicks are a good call, and they do help improve driver handling! Lets go racing!!

:ph34r: Cheers, Dennis :ph34r:

I speak as a fan and from what I see from the stands.A few years back when the Street Stocks were on street tire with 15 cars there was more racing and passing.There was a little side by side racing in there too.With the slicks it looks like everyone runs the same line in a straight line and little or no passing.Maybe the track surface has a lot to do with that I don't know.Just as a fan the racing was better back then.So I just thought if it was better back then race the same rules as back then.Now if I was a driver I would probably say no way too! Maybe I went on bad nights this year.

I speak as a fan and from what I see from the stands.A few years back when the Street Stocks were on street tire with 15 cars there was more racing and passing.There was a little side by side racing in there too.With the slicks it looks like everyone runs the same line in a straight line and little or no passing.Maybe the track surface has a lot to do with that I don't know.Just as a fan the racing was better back then.So I just thought if it was better back then race the same rules as back then.Now if I was a driver I would probably say no way too! Maybe I went on bad nights this year.
IF THE CARS IN A CLASS RUN REALLY CLOSE IN TIMES ON THIS TRACK OR MOST ANY TRACK TIRES ARE NOT THE PROBLEM .IF MOST RUN 16 SECOND LAPS ON STREET TIRES AND CHANGE OVER TO RUN SLICKS AT 15 SECONDS WHAT HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED ..NOT MUCH IF ANYTHING AT ALL ..OTHER THAN SPEED .THE BIGGER ISSUE IS EVERY ONE TRIES TO RUN THE SAME LINE AS THE OTHERS SO YOUR SET UP IS CLOSE TO EACH OTHER .YOU CANT PASS IF YOU CANT RUN A DIFFERENT LINE ...I USE TO SET UP MY CAR TO RUN ANYWHERE AND I HAVE VIDEOS OF THOSE DAYS I RACED SHOWING WHERE I WOULD AND COULD PASS OUTSIDE AND INSIDE .WE ALL RAN ON THE SAME TIRES IN THE LOW 16 AND UPPER 15 SECOND LAPS AND I HAD LESS MOTOR THAN MOST .SO SET UP AND DRIVER MAKES THE DIFFERENT'.. TAKE THE 8 CAR .THAT CAR IS NOT A ONE GROOVE CAR THE DRIVER IS NOT A ONE GROOVE DRIVER ..AT CC THE FASTER THE LAP TIMES THE HARDER IT IS TO PASS GIVEN THE TIGHTNESS OF THE TRACK BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE .

I agree with you Arob. Biggest reason I don't run asphalt. New tires make you fast. Street tires made you drive the car. Racing was much more exciting. Wouldn't be a step backwards would be a step forward back to exciting racing. Wouldn't work for SA or Kyle but CC is a different track and perfect for street tires.

I have ran on both street tires and race tires. The racing was better with street tires in the street stock class. Ill handling cars could not rely on tires to keep faster cars behind them. I have always thought the sport mods should be on G 60's on asphalt and dirt.

Archived