Double Points Race

XZEON.. CLEARIFICATION PLEASE .........DRIVERS WHO ONLY COME IN TO DRIVE THE LAST FEW RACES ....WE ARE BRINGING A CAR THAT RAN ONE RACE AT KYLE THIS YEAR FROM CORPUS ..THE 8 BOMBER OR GRAND STOCK AS THEY ARE KNOWN UP THERE IN SAS AND CTS..IS OUR CAR PART OF YOUR COMPLAINT ..WE COME TO HAVE FUN AND RUN THE BEST WE CAN ..NO SHOW BOAT.. OR . MAN WE WENT UP THERE AND BLEW THERE DOORS OFF AND SHOWED THEM UP ..OR LETS MISS UP SOMEONES POINTS RACE THOUGH IF WE LOOK AT WHO IS FIGHTING A POINTS BATTLE DO WE WANT TO MISS WITH THAT .WE COME TO RACE AND HAVE FUN PERIOD ..THOUGH YOU HAVE A RIGHTFUL GRIPE HERE , IT IS PART OF RACING THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN AROUND .WE HAVE HAD IT HERE AT OUR LOCAL TRACK AND HAD TO EXCEPT IT WHEN OTHERS WHO FINALLY GET A CHANCE OR TWO TO JOIN THE CLASS THEIR CAR MEETS CLOSER TO THE RULES ..... SIDE NOTE IF WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE THREE CLASSES OF CARS TO RACE ..WE WOULD WE LOVE TO RACE .............. THANK YOU ...SINCERELY ....DAD OF DRIVER JOSHUA MCCAIN NUMBER 8

Well didn't mean to get you riled up...I don't know who you are.... but over the last eight years at this track this has seem to be a trend, not with the double points though. Saw this happen from Super Stock on down.

We are far from being in the race for points, but I heard this at the last race and at the SAS race a couple of weeks ago. So, figured I would put it out here.

As I said before, doesn't really matter to us. We race in the higher classes and we are not in the running.

Good Luck on your race, and hope you do well.

JJB

XZEON.. CLEARIFICATION PLEASE .........DRIVERS WHO ONLY COME IN TO DRIVE THE LAST FEW RACES ....WE ARE BRINGING A CAR THAT RAN ONE RACE AT KYLE THIS YEAR FROM CORPUS ..THE 8 BOMBER OR GRAND STOCK AS THEY ARE KNOWN UP THERE IN SAS AND CTS..IS OUR CAR PART OF YOUR COMPLAINT ..WE COME TO HAVE FUN AND RUN THE BEST WE CAN ..NO SHOW BOAT.. OR . MAN WE WENT UP THERE AND BLEW THERE DOORS OFF AND SHOWED THEM UP ..OR LETS MISS UP SOMEONES POINTS RACE THOUGH IF WE LOOK AT WHO IS FIGHTING A POINTS BATTLE DO WE WANT TO MISS WITH THAT .WE COME TO RACE AND HAVE FUN PERIOD ..THOUGH YOU HAVE A RIGHTFUL GRIPE HERE , IT IS PART OF RACING THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN AROUND .WE HAVE HAD IT HERE AT OUR LOCAL TRACK AND HAD TO EXCEPT IT WHEN OTHERS WHO FINALLY GET A CHANCE OR TWO TO JOIN THE CLASS THEIR CAR MEETS CLOSER TO THE RULES ..... SIDE NOTE IF WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE THREE CLASSES OF CARS TO RACE ..WE WOULD WE LOVE TO RACE .............. THANK YOU ...SINCERELY ....DAD OF DRIVER JOSHUA MCCAIN NUMBER 8

Well, sorry didn't mean to rile you up.. Don't know who you are...but over the last eight years at this same track I have seen this happen in classes under super stock on down. Hope you do good at your race.

We are far from being in the point race so it doesn't matter to us.

The comments made was said at the track by several people last race and at the SAS race. So I thought I would post it.

Good Luck

i was going back to add example about our car .but you answered me first ... not really riled but was wondering if racers like us were part of the issue ..i am one who is not crazy about a points season to finish out in a big every body come race ..but sas and cts are unique with such short seasons and are based off we need every one from different tracks who can show up .with tps running this last race with both my son and i racing tps . we will bring the bomber seeing we are going up anyway and hope to have a good race and make some new friends and see some old ..we do not want to be a spoiler for someones championship finish if that be a case in our class . but we cant sit in the back and stay out of the way ...now we do respect others who are running for points and will be aware of who they are and do every thing to give em room they deserve to a point ..we are running for a win or best finish ......thanks for the good luck and you have the same ...come on by the ugly green 8 regal and the ugly red and yellow tps 8 pinto and say hello we do not bite ...

Let's get some feedback on making the last race a double points race since we lost the September race to rain. Thoughts???

Points DO NOT matter when the track allows drivers from higher classes race in classes below their own class. Or, drivers who only come in to drive in the last few races.

These drivers only come in during the last few races of the season to try to be HOT SHOTS and they say they do it for FUN.

It's not fun for the lower class driver who has raced all season and then the so called HOT SHOT drivers come in to take points away from them because a driver from another class decides to drive in a class for fun or to show the fans how it should be done. These drivers normally end up in the top 5. Well, to think about it, maybe these so called HOT SHOT drivers can't do any better in their own class, 6th on down, so they have to drive in lower classes to make themselves feel better.

This should not be allowed. Oh well, this is like preaching to the choir. You want opinions? why? none count unless you are special, lol. Same ole, Same ole.

Double points.....Maybe you should keep up the web site also and post more there with pics, race results, etc. Why have it if you're not going to use it. People who do not race cars go to the site, but if it old news who cares.

Double points? who cares, you already made your decision.....give out the track champions now, cause the points will go to the so called HOT SHOT drivers that come in to run in 2-3 classes because it's fun.

I say if these so called "HOT SHOTS" want to come down and run with lower classes sometimes so be it. It doesn't mean they're automatically going to win. Look at Octorbfast at SAS Mark Chrudimsky drove 3 or 4 classes. It doesn'tean he gets special treatment because he'sgoing to race those other lower classes. People are going to race hard whether it's a no name person that no one knows or a "HOT SHOT" that they want to say they beat.

For example, July race at SAS Joe Aramendia ran a grand stock. I ran him just as hard and clean as I would anyone else in that class. Octoberfast, Chrudimsky in grand stocks and chargers. I ran him hard and clean on Friday in the grand stock heat race. Yeah he won, but he damn sure had to work for it. I didn't let him just go by me cause he is known and I believe a 2 time snowball derby champ in modifiers.

Personally I like racing against the more known guys who run higher classes. It gives me a chance to put myself to the test and see if I can beat these guys who have a whole hell of a lot more experience than I do. I say let them run what they want, when they want as long as the car meets the rules for that class. JMOJoshua McCain #8 bomber/grand stock

Archived