Double Points Race

After reading all the posts and giving this some thought I have come to the conclusion that making the last race a double points race without having said something earlier in the season or including it in the schedule isn't just and fair across the board. I was thinking of my fellow competitors in my "class" when I spoke before I failed to look at all the classes. Next season this should be implemented into the schedule so as to make it fair to "all". My opinion may have no effect on what happens but I plan on giving it my best on the 16th.

• 2 weeks later...
I know there are the Belt buckles, but does points pay anything besides that? Just not 100% sure what the incentive of points is..

AB

I believe there is a points fund in place. It hasn't been publicized much, but we haven't been trying to earn the championship for that reason. We've always set a goal to win track championships. Some do that, some don't. But for those that do, the points system certainly provides an incentive.

Of course everyone is going to love this idea but the points leader. I always felt like double points should be something that is on the schedule at the beginning of the year.

Yep. Why even have poll? 90 percent are gonna like the idea.if you have nothing to loose and everything to gain... Kinda chicken sh-t, but it is what is.

I do have to agree with the above comments on the double points. If you have one bad night it will hurt you twice as bad as it would normally. If we were informed at the beginning of the year that this would be the course of action then we would all know that this is a possiblility and hence no room for discussion. This really puts the point leaders in a box. It is what it is and we will still race to win, just don't like it.

It just seemed reasonable and fair to me when I read the suggestion - only because of the rainout. Missing one opportunity to earn points in a 16 to 20 race season is not a big deal. When you only have 8 chances at earning points, every opportunity counts. That being said, I don't think doing a poll has much value at all because most people, myself included, have a hard time removing their personal interest in the question.

It just seemed reasonable and fair to me when I read the suggestion - only because of the rainout. Missing one opportunity to earn points in a 16 to 20 race season is not a big deal. When you only have 8 chances at earning points, every opportunity counts. That being said, I don't think doing a poll has much value at all because most people, myself included, have a hard time removing their personal interest in the question.

It doesn't matter how many races there are in the season. Wether it's 4,8,12,16 36. To be the champion you have to run good in or decent in all events. You may have more time to make up points in a longer season. But the answer is not do a double points night so you can gain twice the amount of points in one night on the competitor your trying to beat.

This comes from a crew chief that had a driver who missed the first race, so we stand a lot to gain by double points.

Just my honest opinion

JC

I appreciate the 800 who read this topic and the 17 who responded...thank you. Your opinion has always mattered to us and we will continue to discuss our options openly as a group even if we receive negative feedback. We, at CTS, are not so proud to foolishly close our ears just because we disagree on a topic. That's what makes us strong as a team. Vigorous conversation and opinions=great communication. Communication failure is not because we disagree but rather because we never communicated in the first place. Again, thank you for displaying your thoughts and opinions.

We have decided to make the last race of the 2013 season a double points night. We have had some great racing and times together this year. Lots of laughs and plain good ol' fashioned fun. Let's make this last race the most memorable of the season together. See you on November 16th!!

Let's get some feedback on making the last race a double points race since we lost the September race to rain. Thoughts???

Well, guess no one thought of this, if you raced in October you might have finished 1st or last, big difference on points there. But with no race in October, Double points is not going to make a difference in November.

You still have the points that you had in September so adding double to that will still bee the same. - ie: 100 points from Sept and you are sitting in 4th place in points....you finish last in November...say you get 30 points for that but they are doubled, so you get 60 points. Well everyone one else get the double points also, so it doesn't matter.

There should have been a race in October, the outcome WOULD BE different in the standings. This REALLY messed some folks up.

NOT GOOD, oh well we have to take what we can. :)

Yup, i think I have to agree with you. But no matter what, some will be happy and some will be mad. Its the way racing is.

Personally Im not running for points so it doesnt matter. But thinking about the limited schedule and the rain out, it seemed like a good idea. But its not my track.

Just a question comes to mind, What do we expect to gain by having a double points race instead of a scheduled points race?

Will this bring out more competitors?

Not trying to be smart-a$$ just trying to understand what we are trying to accomplish?

Thanks,

Mel

This is for everyone running for points 2nd place and back. This adds drama to the points race. Drama sells. It may bring in a few more spectators...not sure about that though. Not sure why someone running 4th 5th or 6th n points would really care. I do know that unlike every race except the first night I came out late and started in the back...the last night I will be there to qualify and start up toward the front.

Let's get some feedback on making the last race a double points race since we lost the September race to rain. Thoughts???

Points DO NOT matter when the track allows drivers from higher classes race in classes below their own class. Or, drivers who only come in to drive in the last few races.

These drivers only come in during the last few races of the season to try to be HOT SHOTS and they say they do it for FUN.

It's not fun for the lower class driver who has raced all season and then the so called HOT SHOT drivers come in to take points away from them because a driver from another class decides to drive in a class for fun or to show the fans how it should be done. These drivers normally end up in the top 5. Well, to think about it, maybe these so called HOT SHOT drivers can't do any better in their own class, 6th on down, so they have to drive in lower classes to make themselves feel better.

This should not be allowed. Oh well, this is like preaching to the choir. You want opinions? why? none count unless you are special, lol. Same ole, Same ole.

Double points.....Maybe you should keep up the web site also and post more there with pics, race results, etc. Why have it if you're not going to use it. People who do not race cars go to the site, but if it old news who cares.

Double points? who cares, you already made your decision.....give out the track champions now, cause the points will go to the so called HOT SHOT drivers that come in to run in 2-3 classes because it's fun.

XZEON.. CLEARIFICATION PLEASE .........DRIVERS WHO ONLY COME IN TO DRIVE THE LAST FEW RACES ....WE ARE BRINGING A CAR THAT RAN ONE RACE AT KYLE THIS YEAR FROM CORPUS ..THE 8 BOMBER OR GRAND STOCK AS THEY ARE KNOWN UP THERE IN SAS AND CTS..IS OUR CAR PART OF YOUR COMPLAINT ..WE COME TO HAVE FUN AND RUN THE BEST WE CAN ..NO SHOW BOAT.. OR . MAN WE WENT UP THERE AND BLEW THERE DOORS OFF AND SHOWED THEM UP ..OR LETS MISS UP SOMEONES POINTS RACE THOUGH IF WE LOOK AT WHO IS FIGHTING A POINTS BATTLE DO WE WANT TO MISS WITH THAT .WE COME TO RACE AND HAVE FUN PERIOD ..THOUGH YOU HAVE A RIGHTFUL GRIPE HERE , IT IS PART OF RACING THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN AROUND .WE HAVE HAD IT HERE AT OUR LOCAL TRACK AND HAD TO EXCEPT IT WHEN OTHERS WHO FINALLY GET A CHANCE OR TWO TO JOIN THE CLASS THEIR CAR MEETS CLOSER TO THE RULES ..... SIDE NOTE IF WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE THREE CLASSES OF CARS TO RACE ..WE WOULD WE LOVE TO RACE .............. THANK YOU ...SINCERELY ....DAD OF DRIVER JOSHUA MCCAIN NUMBER 8

Archived