American Muscle Car Auto Racing (AMCAR) at HMP

I heard Big Race Promotion paid HMP to change the rules so they could have 7 more cars at the big enduro race in October at RPR. That tank of John Winnie's sure would make a good one! Maybe after it's value is driven down Graham will buy it. Anyway it sure will fix the advantage David Webster has. I'm just about done tweaking my AMCAR frame! Boyd and JC beware 360Motorsports is coming! By the way the same fixtures for checking the AMCAR chassis also check the OEM GM metric frame.

Enduro? Not going to happen, Jason. After this year I'll likely find some asphalt tracks that will let me run on some big races. I don't know that it will 'fix' David's apparent advantage but it will make the cars 'look' the same.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as any advantage that David may have, if you are a talented driver, have a understanding of the rules ( some of you call that a cheater), and are willing to put the hours in that he does. Then you can have that same advantage. You don't have to put money into the equation because nobody and I will repeat nobody is as tight with money as Mr Webster. Anything less and you run second.

Yeah I know that there isn't supposed to be an Advantage but a Brand New piece of metal vs one that has seen 20 years, 150,000 miles and pot holes, speed bumps & all kinds of weather conditions.... equals Tweeked ... but hey it might be "tweeked" in a good way ... "Budget" ???? where does that fit into a Racing Program?

Give me a 20 year-old frame that has been tweaked in the right direction over a new jig built frame any day. I even have mentioned a time or two in my suspension class that a "shop wreck" might be a good idea.

To me, this class is back to basics in that there will be no bumps, no tie down shocks and a suspension that's free to acutally do suspension stuff. As long as all the trick crap currently in vogue in the "upper" divisions is outlawed and the rules are enforced, a smart team can build a low-buck car that can win against the big-buck, store bought stuff. I think I have proven that enough times over the years - at least to myself and a few teams I have worked closely with.

IMHO a home-built car in the hands of a team that understands how suspensions actually work has no disadvantage to a Rollie Polli-built car. And if the frame you start with has been in a wreck and bent in the right direction - either on the street or in the shop - the home-built car will have a distinct advantage.

Nick.

agreed

As far as any advantage that David may have, if you are a talented driver - check, have a understanding of the rules ( some of you call that a cheater) - check, and are willing to put the hours in that he does - check, did that this winter and still putting the hours in. Then you can have that same advantage. You don't have to put money into the equation because nobody and I will repeat nobody is as tight with money as Mr Webster. Anything less and you run second.

I would have to disagree with you on the money part - because it does take it to maintain these cars. And, to maintain 'any advantage'.

As far as David and Ian, it was interesting when they switched rides.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived