American Muscle Car Auto Racing (AMCAR) at HMP

David if hray or Cary took anything I said as negative then I apologize, that was not the intent.

Ok already anxious to get one.

This one is for sale, built by Howe arp body

post-11951-1379472927.jpg

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be careful when looking at bodies. The Howe body is for road racing and is pricey. The pics that John posted are from here - http://www.ultimatecustomfiberglass.com

Yep, just messing around like normal. This is actually the xp or circle track body the scca body is different. Got to buy from HMP anyway.

I HAVE MY BACK, BACK, BACK, BACK ORDER SLIP FROM MATTRESS MANDABACH

I think that if you have not ran a stock car at hmp or would not if the rules stayed the same as 2013 rules . It really doesen't matter to you. Hmp had an open invite to stock cars from CTS and SAS. But not even one car showed up.

I think I read that like you did David. If you raced even once at HMP in 2013 you're grandfathered in for next year.

I think that if you have not ran a stock car at hmp or would not if the rules stayed the same as 2013 rules . It really doesen't matter to you. Hmp had an open invite to stock cars from CTS and SAS. But not even one car showed up.

Will we see the Webster's at CTS this weekend with their stock cars and modified?

...And shocks are $70 and its a good Integra shock...

Are the shocks gonna be non-revalveable? Or sealed in any way?

The shocks will taken from the top three cars in feature and they will be given replacement shocks. They will also dyno shocks to make sure they have not been tampered with.

Top 3 and 1 random. Probably going to dyno those ea. race. I'm also guessing you'll have to buy the shocks from HMP just like the tires.

HMP = High Marked Parts.. OK, Wait , don't erase Nick or get po'd everybody else.

AMCAR is negotiating on all parts that would have to be purchased from them to get them available at cheaper than you could buy on your own. So like any class it will be a little costly on some parts if you do not own any at all and building from the ground up but after a few seasons , parts will start being recycled and available.

This is unofficial but what I have heard from my interest in the class. If you have a Pro Stock or Dirt Tracker bring it out for 1 or all of the last 3 races and it and its stuff... is grandfathered in for 1 year with the new body.

I think this is going to be a great class, and a crowd favorite because of the bodies.

There is 4 other classes to race in, if you don"t like this one and like Nick posted you could buy your own track, make your own rules, and become rich and famous. ......lol

I have know pony in this show, but personally love the muscle car look and hope the rules work for me or will just keep going in circles in my truck.

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually thinking about buying/building me a car for the pro stock class for next year until I seen this. Fiberglass body's. Seems that would get expenseive and ship them from Canada? WOW. only 6-8 cars now and gonna make it harder on folks... Not sure about this one....

I was actually thinking about buying/building me a car for the pro stock class for next year until I seen this. Fiberglass body's. Seems that would get expenseive and ship them from Canada? WOW. only 6-8 cars now and gonna make it harder on folks... Not sure about this one....

There is no shipping from Canada. These are being made right here in Houston, Texas. Visit AMCAR.US for more information

I am sure you were actually seriously considering it... but if a fraction of the other people that were "thinking" about buying or building a stock car over the last five or six years actually did, then the car count would be larger than the trucks, modifieds and stock cars combined. lol.

This is the direction HMP is headed and we have been here before. May people told us the modifieds and trucks wouldnt work either. Sort of like inspiration to hear now. lol.

Anyway, hope you change your mind about AMCAR and if not, then we hope you have a ton of fun wherever you race.

Can anyone buy those bodies?

Yes, you can. The bodies are made to fit 108" wheelbase are are about 74" wide, outside to outside. There are several classes around North America currently using these bodies already on both oval track and road courses.

Ty! Just curious. I dont know if you know the full detailsl but does it come with windows and spoilers or just the body?

Yes, you can. The bodies are made to fit 108" wheelbase are are about 74" wide, outside to outside. There are several classes around North America currently using these bodies already on both oval track and road courses.

when will these be available for purchase

Ty! Just curious. I dont know if you know the full detailsl but does it come with windows and spoilers or just the body?

Currently, comes with just the complete body. We hope to be offering lexan kits soon.

when will these be available for purchase

The plan is to have them readily available by the end of October if not sooner.

Had fun racing at Hmp but just can't afford to race at that cost. Yes 10 k looks good at season end , is there going to be a increased in pay during season. How much does CTS pay for super stocks.

If you raced in the class this year even once, your good to run next year as well while you figure out if you want to put an AMCAR together...

Archived