American Muscle Car Auto Racing (AMCAR) at HMP

To borrow a slogan from a local race track,"Better late than never"

ok so positive for me, I'd love to drive one with or in place of my truck. Back to one of the original questions. WHERE ARE THEY ?

search internet for any, and couldn"t find.

Even Gerald, Eddie and 360 can"t build that many in 3 months....

HOW ABOUT A MEETING AT SAY 4PM, PRIOR TO DRIVERS MEETING FOR MORE DETAILS AT NEXT MEET. NOT TO CHANGE ANYTHING, JUST TO GET AVAILABILITY, WHO CAN BUILD, IF WE COULD CONVERT A PRO STOCK OR TRUCK TO ONE, ETC.

I think its great, look forward to it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope it works out for you but I think its going to be a tough sell once the costs get factored in... Anytime someone was tried to say that they can keep the costs down by making you buying the item only from them usually ends up costing more than anyone thinks. Im wondering how much a roller is going to cost?

Pricing will be out soon but as an example, the savings on just the body is over $500 alone because of bulk purchasing power. Love how we work our butts off to do something to help defray racer costs, design a more modern looking class and then work our butts off to find a $10,000 points fund sponsor to kick it off and the first comments are negative. Lately, that Must mean we are doing something right. lol. :P:lol:

Our goal from the beginning was too keep the cost down as much as possible. Ask anyone involved what my biggest complaint/issue/goal was throughout the whole process. Pretty sure they got sick of hearing it. :blink: Otherwise, it would have ended up with a ton more high dollar, go fast parts in it.

Im sorry that you took my post as being negative I was just trying to be realistic but opinions are like a holes everyone has one.. The reason why you were able to grow the class was because in 2007 there was a plethora of trucks sitting around with hardly a place to race and they were cheap...Now you should be applauded for bringing them back but like Al Gore not creating the internet you didnt start the trucks. You took a viable platform with readily available trucks and ran with it. Economics helped you out. There was a vast supply and you created demand. That was when some people could get a practically get a race ready truck for 5-7K... Now that is basically double or more for a race ready truck. With this new class someone looking to get into the class can't just pickup a used car that's reasonable for them to learn with and race they need a new car because there is no supply no used cars only new cars.

Once again that is fine if someone has the $$$ to spend buying new. You say you save 500 on a body... If its the AR body then your at 2500 just for a body (3k is their listed price).... Shocks? 500-1000 a set? Calipers 400. Cage and frame? Im guessing 1000 prob more if you have to have someone else fabricate it and I think that's being conservative ... Im already at 5k without even trying. I could see a New turnkey car being 15k easy if you don't have a motor and trans that you can swap over from an old car... I would be willing to guess that your aiming for the guys that have cars to be able to swap parts over from one to the other to defray costs. But why would they when they can run those cars at one of the fine dirt tracks (using the term loosely) in the area and spend a lot less money doing it... That last sentence is probably why you don't have that many cars to begin with but that besides the point.

If you look at most asphalt tracks each class you rise through each class doubles in cost. Eco's are a great beginners class with no adjustments and fairly cheap. Hopefully this class will fall closer to the middle of the cost between a Truck and and Eco to be viable. or else you will still have the same problem where guys would rather race in an established class and race the trucks because they are more readily available.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Thunder Roadster experiment gone bad... But good luck with it...

SPENT ALL AFTERNOON DIGGING THRU GARAGE......

NEW I'D FIND IT..

HERE'S MINE, NEARLY FINISHED., WHAT !? NO CARBON FIBER BODY PARTS... DANG , START ALL OVER I GUESS. LOL

post-11951-1379383591.jpg

Sorry too busy talking to people that want to build and convert cars to decipher that novel of why it won't work that you wrote. We are busy trying to make it happen instead of debating why it won't.

Thanks to everyone that has been burning up Gerald's and my phone today.

Guess time will tell but we are all in

Ps...the bodies will cost about $1600. And shocks are $70 and its a good Integra shock. Just saying.

looks like the resale value of a pro stock just went up....

Thats good.

Sorry too busy talking to people that want to build and convert cars to decipher that novel of why it won't work that you wrote. We are busy trying to make it happen instead of debating why it won't.

Thanks to everyone that has been burning up Gerald's and my phone today.

Guess time will tell but we are all in

Ps...the bodies will cost about $1600. And shocks are $70 and its a good Integra shock. Just saying.

I hope you prove me wrong. And I hope I am wrong as well. For the tracks sake...

We start off talking about that this is going to cost to much, now we have someone that thinks the racer should spend more(personally I think this one is just trying to be hard to get along with). I think its just right.

Ok , goldie locks... lol

shouldn't you be in the shop, building some for sale or something...

It's always risky to step up and make the changes that are needed. And those brave enough to do so will face criticism - especially in the racing world.

But, as Aristotle put it a while back, “Criticism is something you can easily avoid by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” ~Aristotle.

I personally think that this new class might be just the ticket to complete a great lineup of classes.

Nick

For those of you that have not had the time to read the rules. If you have always built your own car in order to save money,or to keep your speed secrets, or just because you enjoy building something with your own hands. You still have that option with this set of rules.

What is different about this car is you do not have to search through junkyards to find your frame unless you choose to do so, you will not have to use a torch to gut out your sheet metal body, and you do not have to own a parts business to have access to wholesale pricing.

For those of you that do enjoy the smell of burning undercoating then forgive us for screwing up your day.

PS..... 10,000.00 POINTS FUND

For those of you that have not had the time to read the rules. If you have always built your own car in order to save money,or to keep your speed secrets, or just because you enjoy building something with your own hands. You still have that option with this set of rules.

What is different about this car is you do not have to search through junkyards to find your frame unless you choose to do so, you will not have to use a torch to gut out your sheet metal body, and you do not have to own a parts business to have access to wholesale pricing.

For those of you that do enjoy the smell of burning undercoating then forgive us for screwing up your day.

PS..... 10,000.00 POINTS FUND

tHATS WHAT THAT SMELL WAS.... THOUGHT IT WAS YOU COMPUTOR OVERHEATING FROM SOLITAIRE...HE HE ..

JUST MESSING WITH YOU GERALD, CAUSE YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD SPORT.

YOU KNOW HOW GOOD I AM AT CUTTING UP...

Just to clear the air and to be open...AMCAR is owned by Graham Baker, John Mandabach & Gerald Boyd. It is a new sanctioning body, which is why you can't Google it as of yet. Because we have spent the better part of this year arguing with each other about the rules, negotiating with manufacturers and suppliers, and trying to get the information out as soon as possible, we haven't had time to build the stinking website yet. The goal behind creating AMCAR was to offer an attractive points fund, wholesale pricing and consistency on key parts and for once in Texas history, a consistent and common sense set of rules across race tracks.

For example, the fabricated metric chassis is being purpose built for AMCAR by Johnson Chassis. Johnson Chassis has the capacity to mass produce in a high quality manner to satisfy demand. Yes, there were cheaper options but they were NOT the quality and consistency we were looking to achieve. Nor were they in a position to meet the demand.

After reading the rules for this class, they clarify so many things that went array with the truck class. The rules equalize the performance advantages for the rear end trailing arm mounts (7.5" versus 9"), shocks, carburetors, ignition systems and etc. Whoever put the time into these rules did a good job, allowing the built motors and using some of the parts from the metric chassis was a good choice. This option keeps those without the 602 and 9" an option to get their car together and race.

It won't be hard to move from a stock car/truck to AMCAR or AMCAR to the truck depending what existing racers want to do with their time, parts, motor and funds. Hell, I even like the transmission rule, the transmissions will remove the headache of the T350.

These rules reach out to the existing metric Hobby Stock or Stock Car guy running on dirt tracks. They can still use a lot of their existing parts including their motor with some modifications. The concept is cool, these will rules will keep the class from morphing into something they were never intended to be. Like anything in this world it will need time to grow but the combination of 2014 looks with todays technology should make this a safe, fast, reliable car for a decent cost without spending days/weeks searching, cutting, twisting and chasing old parts and frames. Sometimes a fresh idea is good, and yes I do understand the guys that have supported the class through the years and their position for the 2015 season.

rollie, I think Cary is refering to this in the original post

"In addition, racers at Any AMCAR sanctioned race track will be eligible to earn points for a piece of the Mitchell Motorsports $10,000 points fund. Tracks must be AMCAR sanctioned and run the exact AMCAR rules for racers to earn points."

I think that if you have not ran a stock car at hmp or would not if the rules stayed the same as 2013 rules . It really doesen't matter to you. Hmp had an open invite to stock cars from CTS and SAS. But not even one car showed up. Ian and I have made the trip to CTS and SAS to race to try and get some interest going but nothing. I don't totally agree with the rule change but I dont't run the track or make the rules. Like all classes they evolve. So let's stop the negativity and get on with the racing. JMO

Archived