Shrimp

top_shelf_12

I don't know if anyone thinks of you as a cheater. When I said that I hadn't heard from you since Saturday, all that I meant was you were pretty active in enticing the out-of-towners to come down here. You either knew your heads were illegal and thought you wouldn't get caught, or you didn't know your heads were illegal (I'm leaning more towards the latter). We always sit near your family and sponsors towards turn one and never thought of you or your team as cheaters. I don't know how many times my father and I praised your crew for their ability to rebuild that car and often times rebuild it better than it was before. The only thing I'm wondering is how long have you had those heads in the car in the shape they were in? Obviously you have the ability to run up front when you put a string of three wins in a row and passed tech every week. $2000 is tempting, but as hard as you ragged on people to come here, you know that some people will rag on you, but at least when I did it was all in fun, not to degrade you or your team. You guys had a great run all year long and I wish you well in TAMS or Super Street or both and heard a little about the reason you're selling that car and good luck. Nothing personal and hope to see you run again next season.

Same heads for the last 3 years. In talking to the Techmen they agreed that in all the items that people were dq'd for Saturday night none of them probably built more than 5 horsepower each. But the rules are the rules, it's in black and white and there is no way to get around black and white.

Archived