HMP, Went to a fight and a truck race broke out.

legfixr

Hope to see a few videos "unedited" on youtube or here if nick will allow. John always sais have at it. and boy did they ever. However the topic is...... should Hmp enforce the rules on fines and suspensions as written , and doe's this apply to members of a different class's pitcrew who had no need to join in. Either way they do get $39.95 for pay per view and the ufc fight Sat night was a waste of money. HMP gave a much better show.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope to see a few videos "unedited" on youtube or here if nick will allow. John always sais have at it. and boy did they ever. However the topic is...... should Hmp enforce the rules on fines and suspensions as written , and doe's this apply to members of a different class's pitcrew who had no need to join in. Either way they do get $39.95 for pay per view and the ufc fight Sat night was a waste of money. HMP gave a much better show.

ARP truck bodies in stock at 360 Motorsports.

They shouldn't fine anyone for what happened. What John should do is thank them because the fans loved it and will be back. I do suggest they take the money from the return customers and give to the 17/16 trucks for the driving lessons that they provided Saturday night. Both 16/17 keep a cool head and were there at the end that's how you win a race.

PS: as a driver I know that if I RR someone and turn them outside the racetrack, I know what I am attempting to do and I also know that's an easy way to get someone hurt. NOT COOL.

Not so sure I would have waited for the one that turned me outside the track but I would have made sure he knew I didn't appreciate what he did when I got back to him!

Just my opinion on what I saw. I sure hope these guys decide to grow up and race like men cause one of these times someone is going to end up hurt and the other side isn't going to like knowing what he did.

JC Umscheid

They shouldn't fine anyone for what happened. What John should do is thank them because the fans loved it and will be back. I do suggest they take the money from the return customers and give to the 17/16 trucks for the driving lessons that they provided Saturday night. Both 16/17 keep a cool head and were there at the end that's how you win a race.

PS: as a driver I know that if I RR someone and turn them outside the racetrack, I know what I am attempting to do and I also know that's an easy way to get someone hurt. NOT COOL.

Not so sure I would have waited for the one that turned me outside the track but I would have made sure he knew I didn't appreciate what he did when I got back to him!

Just my opinion on what I saw. I sure hope these guys decide to grow up and race like men cause one of these times someone is going to end up hurt and the other side isn't going to like knowing what he did.

JC Umscheid

YES I know the feeling , And someone can tear up a car / truck $$$$

I AGREE WITH YOU J.C.

thats about right, and how it is normally done. But there so adament about enforcing rules figure they should impose the fines and move on. The crowd would not like if the two top runners were absent though. And the crowd loved the 16, 17 combo win.

Congrats to them and the crews for preping the trucks.

Only the two drivers involved in the initial incident know what actually happened going into turn three, but several seasoned observers in the press box felt that the 96 truck slowed noticeably going into the turn and that the truck directly behind him got into him.

Just because that's what some saw, doesn't mean that's what happened, of course. Again, only the two drivers actually know.

But what happened after that was pretty plain for everyone to see.

What we didn't expect to see was someone in the pits come out with what looked like a jack handle or baseball bat ready to wage war. I have no idea who that was, but clubbing someone is far different than taking a poke at someone with your fist. If we can't all agree on that, then something's gone wrong with our sense of right and wrong.

Nick

What we didn't expect to see was someone in the pits come out with what looked like a jack handle or baseball bat ready to wage war. I have no idea who that was, but clubbing someone is far different than taking a poke at someone with your fist. If we can't all agree on that, then something's gone wrong with our sense of right and wrong.

Nick

When you have an official "have at it boys" policy on the track, where drivers are allowed to take others out at wil using their racecars, it is pretty unrealistic, in my opinion, to think that you will be able to maintain some kind of imaginary behavioral barrier with respect to the support crews.

When you have an official "have at it boys" policy on the track, where drivers are allowed to take others out at wil using their racecars, it is pretty unrealistic, in my opinion, to think that you will be able to maintain some kind of imaginary behavioral barrier with respect to the support crews.

So, you're putting the blame for a pit crew member coming out swinging with a deadly weapon on the track?

Nick

So, you're putting the blame for a pit crew member coming out swinging with a deadly weapon on the track?

Nick

Im not saying it was right but he had the Jackhandle to even out the odds... 10 - 2 or 3 are not good odds in that situation... Needless to say that handle didn't help out much... I think the point Bobby was getting at was that when you allow guys to wreck each other for the sake of the fans to keep them interested, the guys that actually do the work on the cars and trucks don't take kindly to it and in their minds they are going to meet force with force... Its all fun and games tho until someone gets hurt and the track or another driver gets sued. Then what?

I do believe tho that things were escalated a bit when the jackhandle came out. If it wasn't out there it might have been just another heated pushing and shoving match but instead things went from Threat-Con Alpha to Bravo...

Nick

What about the drivers driving the deadly weapons on the track?

Only the two drivers involved in the initial incident know what actually happened going into turn three, but several seasoned observers in the press box felt that the 96 truck slowed noticeably going into the turn and that the truck directly behind him got into him.

Just because that's what some saw, doesn't mean that's what happened, of course. Again, only the two drivers actually know.

But what happened after that was pretty plain for everyone to see.

Nick

I will only say this Nick you are obviously not a fan of mine by the way you report on ALL live updates when I'm involved. Go ahead and edit to make you look good at anytime. You are right the two drivers know what happened and IDid Not slow following the truck in front of me through the turn staying off everyone. Under caution going up to protest my position I was brake checked & door slamned before being told to go to the back at which time I did. My truck was broke and could not drive to the front. As far as what happened in the pits we were at my truck when the mob showed up. And I personally feel it would not have come to blows if it was not for the 15 truck crew starting the physical contact. 12 against 2 at that time. There is video...... but I am confident HMP will do what is necessary to get back to good racing on the track to insure the safety of there drivers going forward......I want to race for it !!!!

I'm pretty sure you know the difference between race trucks a race track and a pit crew member with a jack handle.

Nick

Yes I do and drivers driving like a weapon is what precipitated the fight in the pits not the other way around... What came first drivers using their trucks as weapons or the crew guy bringing one with him?

What about the drivers driving the deadly weapons on the track?

I'm pretty sure you know the difference between race trucks on a race track and a pit crew member with a jack handle.

Nick

The jack handle was being held at his side during a heated discussion at which time a non related team member of the 15 truck trys to take jack handle away and starts throwing punches as the video shows. Remember the altercation is between the 51 truck and the 96 which we have had Many Heated discussions, a few hand shakes, laughs and even shared a Cold One at one time but never punches. I believe it would have never came to blows if it was not for the aggression shown by All three 15 truck members.

There is NO verbal or mental abuse that should ever constitute a physical reaction.......I wish more people believed in this.

Wow sounds like fun! Well from what I have read Mr. Jack Handle /Handles should be banned from the track for at least the rest of the season.The driver and crew who came over the the others pit should be gone for two races minimum .Any one fighting two races minimum.If this is an ongoing problem maybe those two drivers get 1 race each on different nights so they get away from each other for two races. If the track has an "Have at it " attitude they need to lose it.That may bring something the fans like but is not good for the drivers,crews and family members.Remember they are in the stands many times with their guys car number on their shirts so they become a target too. The track has the right to let go what they want I guees.But they better respond when things cross the line even if it is the top two in the points.Letting stuff like this go for too long it may get to a dangerous point.

If you don't or have not run at Hmp, you don't know what you are talking about. Bring your car or truck and be part of the show.

That kind of logic is about as valid as someone telling you that your opinion doesn't matter til you have a top 5 when more than 5 cars are on the track... Mind you your opinion does matter and everyone's opinion should matter either good or bad... I don't want guys wrecking me or worse yet getting involved in their wreck because they feel they can get away with it without any repercussions. At some point it gets old and it isnt fun anymore and people loose interest in racing at the facility.

Sasspeedracer and others,

I have been wrecked left right and center at Hmp in a truck before I moved to the modified series, Even twice my mr zippy hippy, once quite spectacularly, that is in the past. The point of my comment is that here and there there are those keyboard racers or those who beleive they are in the know who don't bother to come to Hmp or other pavement tracks for that matter. These few, seem it in their wheelhouse to interject when either they do not really know what is going on or knee jerk before all the facts are known.

As I mentioned above, if you do not or have not run at Hmp then you don't know what you are talking about. Bring you car or truck and be part of the show. I agree being involved in someone else's war is not fun,but we all signed the same dotted line.

Rivilary is good....assjackery is not.

Rivilary is good....assjackery is not.

This we can agree on and lately in a lot of classes there has been plenty of ass jackery to go around and less rivalries... That might be good for HMP on the stands side but eventually its going to hurt the product on the track. The more it happens the less drivers respect each other the more stuff gets tore up and the less appealing it is as a driver. Its getting less and less appealing for me to drive from San Antonio each race and I don't spend a 1/10th the guys in the classes above me do to race there. For me its about having a good time and having fun. Lately I havn't had much of either. But I still show up hoping that the next race will be better.

Archived