Street Stock Shootout August 31st.

Lap Award Contingency for Street Stock Shootout.

To add to the fun and excitement that the Street Stock Shootout brings to a race track and to help drivers cover cost of racing we are putting together a simple lap award contingency plan. Here is how it works, Lap 1 the leader will get the award, lap 2 the 2nd place car will get the award, lap 3 the 3rd place car will get the award, lap 4 the 4th place car will get the award etc…..all the way to 24th place getting the 24th lap award. The race will be 25 laps and the reward for that lap is a $3000 plus payout.

STS is pulling extra money out for this event already so we are hoping to find lap sponsors for these awards, there is no set dollar amount or no set lap, another words if 3 sponsors want to donate $5 each to lap 8 then the lap 8 award will be $15 etc…. We hope to fill the 24 laps prior to August 30th so we can have something printed for the crowd to see who did the donating / sponsoring of the laps. Great chance to get your business name called out in front of a great crowd for very little out of pocket expense.

Laps

1. - $50 - Bill Myers Repair

2. - $50 - Opiela Mechanical, Inc.

3. - $30 - NOBODY (not sure how I will collect lol)

4. - $150 - Rad Racing #8

- $25 - -XLR8RS RACING TEAM #4

5. - $50 - Temco

6. - $25 - Sames Ford

7. - $25 - Danielson Motorsports

- $25 - No Budget Racing

- $50 - Double D Racing

8. - $150 - Alaina D Racing #84

9. - $25 - Outlaws Embroidery

10. - $50 - Tony's Mobil Home Service

11. - $50 - Tommy Wynd

12. - $25 - Ainsworth Trucking

- $50 - Pop's RV Park

13. - $50 - Chamberlain Racing (Lucky Lap 13)

14. - $25 - Sames Ford

15. - $25 - Chuck and Christina Perry - Dirty Bodies

16. - $45 - O'Rielly Auto Parts at the corner of Horne and Crosstown

17. – $200 - STS Track Crew and 2 STS t-shirts (sorry not to be out done)

18 - $100 - Ads-venture Media

19. - $25 - Outlaws Embroidery

20. - $25 - Sames Ford

21. - $25 - Bradshaw Racing

22. - $50 - STS Sports Compact Class

- $50 - Pop's RV Park

23. - $25 - Shelszoo Superstores (facebook page)

- $25 - Justin Jackson and Tiffany Nichols

24.-$50 - Arch Angel Motorsports

- $25 - Arob

I will be updating the list as the lap sponsors come in and if you would like to sponsor a lap feel free to PM me on here or you can text / call me at 361-548-0669

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has not been out 24 hours and only 18 laps left to fill, yesterday 1 person offered to put 5 on each lap just to get his name announced 24 times I told him that was fine and he decided to wait and fill in at the end lol

It was a hard headed old carney, but he got a good laugh out of a fun promotion to help lots of drivers.

Thanks folks it is looking good, if you happen to be running 5 th on lap 5 make an extra $50 and go on to win would be a nice $650 in you pocket, thing about this is if you get lap money and you are racing to the front you wont get anymore because you are moving forward, if you think about it you have to lose a position per lap to capitalize just the opposite of what we are trying to achieve in a race. Lol

12 laps left to sponsor and already $400 additional in the purse, looks like it might pay better to start pole and work your way back lol

Hmmmm. Strategy in the making... I am laughing getting a vision in my head with the pole sitter leading the first lap and then hitting the brakes just before the flagstand on lap 2...lol

I like the bidding war aspect of it all lol but no one should feel bad even $5 helps a racer.

Yes, please keep posting all the way until you get to the event if the numbers change. This is so unique! This is good reading and well..... I guess we will up 13th lap to $50 from Chamberlain Racing. Keep posting... It will simply fall out for the luck of how it falls on a given lap and everyone is going to be a winner on this deal.

Archived