1x Update.

drew

All.... I have been asked alot on how I am doing so I wanted to let everyone know whats up. I did the Bone Marrow Biopsy yesterday ( really sucked) and will get results in a week or two. I started treatment yesterday as it was confirmed that I have CML (chronic myeloid lukemiea). Over the next few weeks we will see how I respond to the treatment. I feel fine in the sense. Im ready to get back into the car! We will see everyone in Sept and hope Johnny and I can go at it again! lol.. Thanks for all of the support from everyone.

Owen... Please tell the fans thank you for all of the prayers. I have been getting alot of wishes from people I dont even know which tells alot about the STS and racing family here in south texas!..

Although we have not met we will keep you in our prayers and wish for you to overcome this quickly. It is always good when you can catch cancer early. Treatments are amazing for cure in the early stages. Take care and I know all your racing buddies will look forward to your return.

Although we have not met we will keep you in our prayers and wish for you to overcome this quickly. It is always good when you can catch cancer early. Treatments are amazing for cure in the early stages. Take care and I know all your racing buddies will look forward to your return.

Thanks SOSRS! We get a blood test next tuesday to see if the chemo is working. One day we will get over to meet you all! I cant say thank you enough for yalls support from afar to include everyone in the racing community that I havent met yet. Our thoughts also to your racing family. Hope all is well with you all and the fans of sos. Tell them all if you would to have your blood checked often. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Owen and STS family.... Well I told you I would keep everyone updated about my health so here we go...... I went to see the doc yesterday and it looks like the chemo is working. My blood count is down to 19k from 88k... So for now it looks like we are winning! Please tell the fans if you would like and pass on to them no matter what issues anyone has, perseverance and a positive attitude will always win.. Tahnk you all for your continued support. We will see you Sept 14th for we are out of town nxt the last weekends of this month. See yall soon! Owne keep up the great work you and your team are doing. We miss being out there!

Good to hear your count is down. Keep trusting the Lord to do what is right.... even when we don't get it!

Nick

Nick you are so right on this! They day we found out I started my Christian World overview class in school.. What ever he is doing seems to be working! Ill keep you posted! Thanks for all the support Nick..

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone... Been a while since I have been on here. been really busy but I do have a health update....As of yesterday and only being on chemo a month now my Blood count has dropped back normal human levels. I am at 5100 WBC from 88k 1 month ago. Short of a miracle I have been deemed the fasted responder to this med that my doc has ever seen. At this time our focus will be the production of the cells with the mixed chromosome. If we can kill these cells off in the bone marrow and my body starts producing the correct blood cells there is a chance with in time I could be one of the few that could be cured completely. We are not out of the woods yet due to my immune system still being down but I do feel good with no side affects.

I cant say enough for all of the prayers and thoughts from the STS family and the fellow racers that have support me through this. Its a testament of how close the community is. Please also take a moment to thank all of our service members and to those who lost their lives 12 yrs ago today. I was in Korea on my final week before coming home when the towers were struck. We will never forget the sacrifices made by our troops in the years following. God bless our Armed Forces.

The car is ready, we are ready to return to the track on the 28th. See you all soon!

Thanks guys! Hightech I didnt mention that but you bring up a good point. lmao. We all do in a way. lol.. Top shelf..hope to get a chance to meet ya the next time out!....Nick... Thanks for all of the prayers. This forum has been a big motivational peice to not only keep people aware but to help bring awareness to everyone since we are a big family. Arob... you are so correct. The power of prayer and all of thoughts from the community is so awesome.

Thank you again to everyone!

Archived