purestock

racer027

Are they legal at SOS and/or CBS? Just asking.

if your asking me im gonna take caution on answer the way i read the rules it says

no racing shocks this includes afco,pro,qa1,or integra shocks thats painted over so iwould say no not legal at sos but thats just my interpretation

also says suspension parts must remain stock for make and model no modifications to any suspension components , but like nick would say call track if you decide to race at sos

ok I was one of the cars that got dq for shock and yes its in the rules my shock blew out in heat race car started bouncing I didn't have another stock one so I had to put the only one I had it was a afco and no it wasn't painted over all my other shocks are stock im a top car at sts every weekend I took a gamble and lost o well got a new stock installed and working on couple other things that went wrong and ill be back saturaday night owen did the right thing as a promoter its in the rules no racing shocks and no painted over shocks hell catch that too trust me he knows how to detect it!!!!! :)

wow really bobby that hurts my car is 13 years old and beat to shit but was built the same as everybody else i have his name tag in the car becouse he put new horns on the front of the car 3 years ago dont hate some one that likes his car to look good and works on it all the time buy his self i am a one man band jmo thought u liked me lmao....i have passed tec every time i went through at south texas speedway and i-37 south texas is my home track now and i love running with u guys it all good thank u owen for letting me run there .........

Speaking as a fan I would love to see the pure stock drivers get rewarded with at least one big money race just for them.One stipulation that would have to be is no current street stock drivers up be allowed. I'd might go as far as no one who had driven street stock and higher the last say 3 years be allowed.The pure stock guys and gals at STS usually have over 20 cars and few cautions given that many cars.At STS it is a great class with really good drivers in it.

Arob is right,other than ministocks the Pure Stocks have long been overlooked for a big show.What they do have is to be as populas as any class of cars.Imagine the car count with a 3k to win race could bring.Dont they pay the same pit passes as L Mods?Dont they have as many family members and friends that buy tickets?Wouldnt this bring cars form all over considering there is a huge field of these cars all over Texas and surrounding states to draw from?Most importantly dont these guys and gals put on a hell of a race at South Texas Speedway EVERY Sat nite?If I was a promoter I would consider a show like this and expect 100 cars to enter,just like the Nationals or the Shootout.Heck I would even try to borrow a car for a race like this.Many pure stock racers will never afford to move to modifieds.Driver restrictions cannot work except for locals and that would not be fair.Besides many PS drivers would love to race against the hot dogs in their kind of car.Question is who has the resources to pull this off?A 2 day show could be very profitable in my opinion.

The Dec 6th race is an excellent start.I hope all the purestock racers in the surrounging tracks realize this is an oppourtunity to demonstrate how popular these cars are and the show they can put on thus leading to more big events in the future.Great move Owen,Im sure you will not be disappointed.

Archived