CoTA offering fans the "opportunity" to drive the F1 circuit

NickHolt

Circuit of The Americas™ offers fans opportunity to drive on the first U.S. Grand Prix Circuit purpose-built for Formula 1® racing

from CoTA PR

AUSTIN, Texas (July 15, 2013)— Circuit of The Americas is now offering the COTA Track Day, an exclusive, private track experience giving race fans the chance to drive the state-of-the-art 3.4-mile Grand Prix course. Racing and automotive fans may now purchase an individual or group track experience, providing the opportunity to drive one’s personal vehicle on a world-class Formula 1® racing circuit.

"Since opening last November, Circuit of The Americas has enjoyed a full calendar of prestigious national and international racing series, as well as private events for automotive manufacturers, race team testing and business and affinity groups,” said Circuit Executive Vice President Bruce Knox. “Many of our fans have indicated a strong interest in driving on our 20-turn F1® racing circuit, and we have developed the COTA Track Day program, which allows fans to sign up individually or participate in a group. Response has been strong with more than 250 people expressing interest within the first few days of offering the experience online.”

The COTA Track Day includes a variety of privileged track experiences and special access such as:

· Dedicated and personalized pit lane garages;

· Use of Paddock Team Building Classroom;

· Catered dining in the Paddock Club Lofts;

· Tower observation deck champagne celebration;

· Winner's Podium access;

· Lap and segment timing;

· Track and corner marshals, operations team, video monitoring, and concierge service provided;

· Vehicle transport coordination; and

· Opportunity to drive personal vehicle on the Circuit of The Americas racetrack

A full-day private track experience is priced at $55,000. Individuals may join a group track experience for $2,500 per person. COTA Track Days may be purchased online at http://circuitoftheamericas.com/visit/track-rental. Available dates and number of openings for individual and group track experiences, as well as other details, may also be found online.

About Circuit of The Americas

Circuit of The Americas is a world-class destination for premium sports and entertainment. It is the first purpose-built Grand Prix facility in the United States designed for any and all classes of racing, from motor power to human power, and is home to the FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX while also hosting MotoGP™, V8 Supercars™, GRAND-AM Road Racing™, American Le Mans and the FIA World Endurance Championships. The Circuit of The Americas’ master plan features a variety of permanent structures designed for business, education, entertainment and race use. Its signature element is a 3.4-mile circuit track. Other support buildings include the Austin360 Amphitheater, an expansive outdoor live music space; an iconic 251-foot, 25-story tower with observation deck; an events and conference center; a banquet hall; and a state-of-the-art medical facility. For more information and downloadable video, audio and photos, visit: www.CircuitofTheAmericas.com, www.Austin360Amphitheater.com or the Circuit’s dedicated FTP site, media.circuitoftheamericas.com.

Nurburgring: $55/20 minutes or $101/40 min

Silverstone: $240 for 20 min safety briefing & 6 laps in Ferrari 360 & Vantage OR $150 for 18 min in open-wheel car OR $266 for 9 laps in C63/GTR/Vantage/Evora, etc

Monza: $60 for 25 min in your car

Bahrain: $53 for 30 min in your own car, $132 half-day, $200 full day

India: $127 for 20 min, $314 for 3 sessions

Hungaroring: $36 for 20 min, $67 for 40 min...up to $224 for Ten 20 min sessions.

Barcelona $65 for 30 min

Spa: $308 for four 25-min sessions + a drink at the bar afterward

Yeah, I've had a few opportunities to drive/ride/walk around the track, but I luckily never had to pay a dime. Fantastic track,& I would gladly pay what some of those other tracks are asking for an experience. No doubt so would a lot of other folks, but I'd never pay the $2500 COTA wants. I could fly to London, then work my way from Silverstone to Spa to Monza, driving all of them, then fly back from Milan for less than that.

COTA has made their bed with the high-end client. That's who they've decided to cater to, alienating multiple levels of race-oriented groups along the way. Smart? Not imho, but they're gonna do what they do. I think it'll bite 'em in the ass, personally.

Archived