SUPER TRUCK PURSE for Whelen NASCAR Night - July 20th

IMPORTANT INFO FOR WHELEN NASCAR NIGHT

JULY 19-20, 2013

HMP TWO DAY PIT PASS:

As a convenience to the many teams that practice on Friday and stay overnight, HMP will now offer a Two Day Pit Pass. This will eliminate the need to go to the front on Saturday morning.

Here are the costs:

Driver Two Day Pit Pass = $75 (includes $50 Friday Night Practice fee and Saturday Pit Pass)

Male Crew Two Day Pit Pass = $35 (Includes Friday Night Admission and Saturday Pit Pass)

Ladies = $25 (Friday Nights are free for ladies so only pre-purchasing Saturday Pit Pass)

Each person purchasing a two day pit pass will be given an armband. ONLY the armband is your pit pass and must be on your arm. The HMP pink tickets are not valid as a proof of purchase. It is each person’s responsibility to make sure it stays on for Saturday. On Saturday, just prior to gates opening, HMP staff will come through the pits as normal. Now, only those without an armband will be required to go back up front.

Any Drivers with a two day pit pass will need to check in at the ticket booth and draw a chip on Saturday before 5pm.

QUALIFYING PROCEDURE FOR NASCAR BWFS COKE TRUCKS ONLY:

1. The Front Gate will open one hour earlier at 2pm on Saturday for NASCAR BWFS Coke Trucks ONLY! No other race cars or crew will be admitted until 3pm. This is to allow for time to unload prior to reporting to mandatory Truck pre-tech before practice. The Right ticket booth will be used exclusively for the Trucks. This is for the Truck and Driver. Any truck crew MUST be with the Truck and Driver to get access before 3pm.

2. All Trucks are due to Tech beginning at 4:00PM. After tech, each truck is on impound and should proceed immediately to the infield. No work may be performed after tech until practice starts. Any truck not through tech by 5pm will not get to practice or qualify and will start at rear of field. It is driver’s responsibility to ensure truck is through tech by 5pm. HMP suggests not waiting until the last minute.

3. Trucks may not leave the oval track during practice. Any adjustments during practice will need to be done in the infield. Any truck that exits out of the oval during practice will start at the rear of the field.

4. Practice will be split into two ten minute sessions. The field will be split in half and each truck may participate in ONLY one session. HMP Officials in the infield will determine practice order.

5. After practice, all trucks should be in the infield. HMP Official will indicate which and how many trucks are to immediately report back to tech for further inspection. All others will be released from impound and can go to their pit.

All other classes will operate as usual.

I was there when ARTS started and went through t350's like no other until I stumbled upon a company that makes 1 hell of a tranny. I ran the same auto for 2yrs only to have it gone through at end of each season. Kinda pricy but worth it. Has nothing to do with SAS being bumpy. Raced same tranny for 2 yrs on the east coast in Southern Allstars and same thing bulletproof. Just gotta know the right people. But no more auto here that's for sure. If ya need a name for who to use pm me an ill hook ya up. Bout 1700 bucks though.

Only a suggestion. I would get trucks to draw at check in time for which practice they will participate in. One more complaint you won't have to deal with over "the only reason I wasn't the fastest was because the official didn't choose me for the second session and track wasn't as good yet." If you draw and 1-15 are practice one and 16-30 are practice two, then it is not hmps fault. Just an idea

Only a suggestion. I would get trucks to draw at check in time for which practice they will participate in. One more complaint you won't have to deal with over "the only reason I wasn't the fastest was because the official didn't choose me for the second session and track wasn't as good yet." If you draw and 1-15 are practice one and 16-30 are practice two, then it is not hmps fault. Just an idea

Not a bad suggestion but now we got rained out, so maybe we just get to run both practices and fast is fast....

Archived