Non points night and Rules

tuskhunter

How does a non points night effect the rules of a class?

Plain and simple are the rules still in effect yes or no? ( PLEASE EXPLAIN)

not gonna say much about this only one time ( its the car handling ) not motor rules state since this is what everybodyis suppose to follow now only if people understood them from sos

the rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for orderly conduct of racing events and to establish mininum acceptable requirements for such event. these rules shall be govern the condition of all events. participants are to comply with these rules.

out of town area vehicles will be allowed to run class it most qualifies for. be teched by home track rules dont see anything in rules that states non points night changes rules most people not racing for points they race for first place..

I still really dont under stand why all the southern texas tracks have never got together and made a base set of rules for fender cars (pure stocks and street stocks) but on a bigger night like last night the track needs all of the cars it can get.. more cars makes a better show and happier fans.. also if the #9 had been running a little better it wouldnt have been caught..

The pure stocks had a good race from an observation standpoint. A few accidents, along the way, but still a good show from a spectator standpoint. The red #33 looked to me to be the car to beat until mechanical failure. That car is sure smooth thru the turns and the driver hit his marks lap after lap. Hated to see him suffer mechanical failure.

On a side note, the pure stocks class is going to continue to experience growth if everyone doesn't start trying to jack with the rules too much before next season. This is where someone can get started out relatively cost effective. You all may need a few clarifications here and there, but I have heard that folks are pushing for things like headers, beadlocks, etc.... Be careful or you will follow the path of our Street Stocks, and as soon as you start that, just get ready to spend some $$$$. Keep this class simple and reasonable and you will continue to grow.

Here's my observation, but I bet it won't stay long. Daniel is putting it on y'all, and you can't take it because your cheating like hell and can't keep up. You want to point out camshafts, but a car that is totally stick in suspension, shocks included, won't run rocked up like some of y'all's cars do. I'll be sure and bring a box of tissues for y'all next race.

Here's my observation, but I bet it won't stay long. Daniel is putting it on y'all, and you can't take it because your cheating like hell and can't keep up. You want to point out camshafts, but a car that is totally stick in suspension, shocks included, won't run rocked up like some of y'all's cars do. I'll be sure and bring a box of tissues for y'all next race.

i think next race crankshafts should be teched and yes i heard that camshaft would be considered illegal in s.o.s. purestock rules just what i heard.

i dont think your talking about my car but next race come to #27 pits and look at my suspension if you find something against rules i'll give you $100.00 bill instead of tissues bring roll of shit paper

track has teched most cars on this already

i dont think your talking about my car but next race come to #27 pits and look at my suspension if you find something against rules i'll give you $100.00 bill instead of tissues bring roll of shit paper

I'm not talking about yours, but there are a few that are not "pure stock". I can bring some of that also, I think I should wear some tall boots, because its getting deep.

I'm not talking about yours, but there are a few that are not "pure stock". I can bring some of that also, I think I should wear some tall boots, because its getting deep.

Bring your pure stock checker and $100 bill to my pits ,you find anything non stock on my suspension ill give $200 if not ill keep your $100

Well, I was going to take down this whole thread, but it makes such a good example of how reasonable folks can get all unreasonable in a big hurry.

I really don't think accusations about cheating are good for the sport since it makes everyone involved looked pretty silly once all the crying is done and everyone has made nice once again...

But, I was off doing the live updates when all this came down and I'm too pooped to spend the next hour or two trying to sort all this stuff out....

Nick

As a standing rule at my track, we will allow a car to come run at my track one time with the rules package they have. If they return they must be legal to the rules of TRP. We have done this for a long time here and we enforce this.

The current driver has not been here before in that car, so as with everyone else, they were allowed to come and run.

We let them run in the closest class to our rules. There were no street stocks running Friday night. So he ran pure stock.

But if that driver wants to continue running here, they will need to be legal to our rules. Our tech man told them that.

Have a nice day everyone. And thank you for putting on a great show.

Bring your pure stock checker and $100 bill to my pits ,you find anything non stock on my suspension ill give $200 if not ill keep your $100

Tuskhunter, I'm not sure who you are, or what car you drive, so I'm not calling you out in particular.

I think I get what Monty is saying and would like to elaborate. I think a few cars have gotten away from the spirit of what that class has always been (show up and race, leave your car on the trailer, maybe wash it, but you are already ready for next weekend). Nothing against those of you that have elevated your program to the next level, but I would say that the 32, 33, 9, and 13 would be competitive in the Street Stock class with the tires those guys run.

Call it what you will (competitive drive, etc.), but that class phase itself out if it becomes too much work for the average guy. Prime example would be to look at where the Street Stock car counts have gone.

Tuskhunter, I'm not sure who you are, or what car you drive, so I'm not calling you out in particular.

I think I get what Monty is saying and would like to elaborate. I think a few cars have gotten away from the spirit of what that class has always been (show up and race, leave your car on the trailer, maybe wash it, but you are already ready for next weekend). Nothing against those of you that have elevated your program to the next level, but I would say that the 32, 33, 9, and 13 would be competitive in the Street Stock class with the tires those guys run.

Call it what you will (competitive drive, etc.), but that class phase itself out if it becomes too much work for the average guy. Prime example would be to look at where the Street Stock car counts have gone.

my car is the number 9 , me and a few friends mainly Cooter 48C built my car from the ground up it came with wire spoke rims and a chain steering wheel when I bought it, Cooter and i built the cage after work and on weekends, i ordered all parts for my motor that my builder told me to get, motor was built helped put that in as we'll , my 12 year old daughter is my only pit crew if she is able to come with me, I've traveled out of town 3 times this year always by myself 1 time to corpus and 2 times to cotton bowl. I wash my own car do pretty much everything to it to keep it going.

I have gained knowledge from everyone at the track, everyone has been really instrumental in educating me on dirt racing. This is my first year and I really enjoy racing.

I found with a little extra work effort I can keep my car together to race week after week

Thanks to everyone that has helped me throughout this season

Has the car everyone is cry in about been through tech? Why doesn't everyone do there homework and make there cars faster an quit crying over here say drama. If you believe that he's cheat in put up the money and get it over with if not don't whine. You can do a lot with stock parts on these cars without having to cheat. Anybody running up front is gonna be push in the rules anyway but by ball means try different set ups till you find something that works. Does anybody ever pay attention to consistent laps. You can make so much ground by good laps and easy right foot. There's also good shock packages out there for pure stocks that are 100% legal that I'm sure is over looked cause everyone assume its cheatin. You don't have to have jack bolts and all the to make these cars fly. Spring rates and ride height does a lot!

Has the car everyone is cry in about been through tech? Why doesn't everyone do there homework and make there cars faster an quit crying over here say drama. If you believe that he's cheat in put up the money and get it over with if not don't whine. You can do a lot with stock parts on these cars without having to cheat. Anybody running up front is gonna be push in the rules anyway but by ball means try different set ups till you find something that works. Does anybody ever pay attention to consistent laps. You can make so much ground by good laps and easy right foot. There's also good shock packages out there for pure stocks that are 100% legal that I'm sure is over looked cause everyone assume its cheatin. You don't have to have jack bolts and all the to make these cars fly. Spring rates and ride height does a lot!

Another track denied the protest request. That was detrimental for all involved. Either didn't give them the opportunity to find illegal parts, or give the questioned car the opportunity to show legal parts (keep in mind, legal at this point is questionable due to changing rules to draw other area cars, creating a loophole).

Well sounds to me like classic case of THE GRAY area. Still boils down to put money up or shut up. Now if cam is what the big secret is then what's gonna happen when he gets legal cam and guys still cry. Then he's gotta be cheatin somewhere else. Guys I'm no kin to either side just outside lookin in. This class can be good and make for a good show but if your getting beat and not trying anything to get faster you ain't trying!

Now alot of it boils down to tech. If guys on tech pad are doing there job there's no reason you shouldn't have several cars on a given night be able to win. Compression vacuum and carb would be a minimum every nite. This class don't need headers or anything else. These rules have got it where y'all can go race just about anywhere.

Archived