CoTA fans?

So, apparently some folks got this email today:

Thank you for your patience. Circuit of the Americas mailed our last batch of tickets this past Monday, Nov. 4th, so your tickets should arrive by Friday, Nov. 8th. I cannot provide a tracking number at this time as we are still waiting on that list from Fedex. However, TicketMaster apparently mailed tickets themselves (which was not planned) via USPS Regular Mail, in which case your tickets might not arrive until next week.

In the case that their arrival is too late for you to receive them, you will need to pick up your tickets at will call. Please contact us with your order # so that we can process a will call request for you, so you will be able to pick up your tickets at the General Plaza at the track beginning Monday, Nov. 11th. Please see our will call policies below, and thank you for your patience

...and this statement was released 2 hours ago on their FB page:

Official Statement from Circuit of The Americas Regarding Tickets:

"COTA's F1 USGP tickets have been shipped. They went out a week later than we originally anticipated due to some design and informational updates that Formula One Management required us to make to the ticket stock. We apologize for the delay, but guests should be receiving their tickets via FedEx or through the U.S. Postal Service, depending on whether they purchased them from COTA or ordered them online through Ticketmaster.

We are currently working to identify updated addresses for some patrons who may have moved since they placed their orders, and will get those fans their tickets as soon as possible.

We know everyone is eager to have their tickets, and we’re working to make that happen."

>> If you have not received your tickets and would like us to look up how and when they shipped, please send us a private message with your order number and when you plan on leaving for/arriving in Austin.

- First off..."General" Plaza? WTF is that? I know what they meant, but it's called the Grand Plaza. COTA can't even get their own terminology right in emails to people who may not be familiar enough with the place to know on their own what to ask directions to.

- USPS...that means tickets sent that way can arrive no sooner next week than Tuesday. Monday is Veteran's Day.

- A week late? No. Try a month late according to your own website. Better off not using this blatant lie as an excuse when it's so easy to shoot down. It just makes you look like even bigger arrogant idiots, if that's possible.

- Ticket changes forced by FOM? Ha! Yeah right COTA. The only reason FOM would have them make last minute changes causing late delivery would be if they f'ed it up in the first place...and a WEEK late? They're so full of it. These tickets are already a month late according to their own site. So in these two statements they blame FOM, Ticketmaster, and address changes. They have also blamed printing problems. So it's everyone's fault but theirs!

What a cluster of epic proportions.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received the email saying my tickets had been printed, but no shipping notification or anything since then.

I swear sometimes it seems like CoTA just has no interest in doing the work required to host a race.

Jalopnik: What The Hell Is Going On With Tickets For The US Grand Prix?

http://jalopnik.com/what-the-hell-is-going...dium=socialflow

Statesman: MIA F1 tickets have some fans angry

http://www.statesman.com/weblogs/formula-a...ome-fans-angry/

Autoweek: Ticket distribution for Formula One's Austin race has turned into a fiasco for COTA

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20131107/F1/131109847

I got my tickets today via US Mail and they were not the fancy ones.

Just in case you want to do both, the time for the Texas vs Oklahoma State Football game has been set at 2:30.

http://www.statesman.com/weblogs/formula-a...te-kick-230-pm/

I was hoping it would be in the evening. Qualifying is at 1:00 though, so the people who care to go to the track should all be there before there's any traffic rush heading to the stadium.

Y'all need to check out the COTA Facebook page. They are just getting hammered mercilessly.

https://www.facebook.com/CircuitofTheAmericas

It doesn't matter what kinda happy shit they post, people just throw it in their face & hammer away on the tickets, the Fedex Tracking charges for USPS service, etc. Same on our page. We've been posting a lot about the tickets, sure, but also other stuff about the race. No matter what we post, people are hammering away. One guys's telling people to do chargebacks on their credit cards over the Fedex/USPS thing. Vance found their Austin BBB rating. "F". Another guy posted this:

1454805_10200781052904123_1486012226_n.jpg

Archived