CoTA fans?

Thought y'all might enjoy this, for the pure comedy of it all if nothing else.

Epstein: Race track management, workers contribute plenty to Austin

BY BOBBY EPSTEIN

If the Austin American-Statesman’s PolitiFact “Truth-O-Meter” were to measure the accuracy of former Travis County Commissioner Sarah Eckhardt’s commentary (Sept. 28), it would point to “Completely False.” When she accuses the Circuit of the Americas of not giving, perhaps it is because she has not taken the time to ask questions or visit our home precinct.

See it here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_b2SV-D4b8...ber=3&w=800

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_b2SV-D4b8...ber=4&w=800

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most professional sporting venues use the season tickets that are sold for the events to count towards the total numbers and not the actual attendance numbers.

I'm sure that's fine, so long as they aren't getting tens of millions of state tax $$ each year based on those attendance numbers (as COTA is).

COTA has finally released its schedule of events for the 2013 USGP:

http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/schedule

Quality is up to their usual impeccable standards.

Sunday, November 13

8:20am

MEDICAL INSPECTION

8:30am

TRACK INSPECTION AND TRACK TEST

9:00am

FIRST PRACTICE SESSION

11:00am

PRACTICE SESSION

11:30am

PADDOCK CLUB PIT LANE WALK

12:30pm

TRACK INSPECTION

1:00pm

SECOND PRACTICE SESSION

3:00pm

PRESS CONFERENCE – PRESS ROOM

4:00pm

PRACTICE SESSION DRIVERS' MEETING

5:00pm

MARSHAL PIT LANE WALK

Monday, November 13

7:30am

TEAM PIT STOP PRACTICE PADDOCK CLUB PIT LANE WALK

8:20am

MEDICAL INSPECTION

8:30am

TRACK INSPECTION AND TRACK TEST

9:00am

THIRD PRACTICE SESSION

10:30am

QUALIFYING SESSION

11:05am

TRACK INSPECTION

12:00pm

QUALIFYING SESSION

2:00pm

FIRST RACE (10 LAPS OR 25 MINS)

Tuesday, November 13

10:00am

DRIVERS MEETING (IF NECESSARY)

10:30am

SECOND RACE (10 LAPS OR 25 MINS)

11:05am

11:15am

MARSHALING SYSTEM TRACK TEST

FORMULA ONE DRIVERS PARADE

11:45am

STARTING GRID PRESENTATION

12:00pm

MEDICAL INSPECTION

12:10pm

TRACK INSPECTION

12:30pm

PIT LANE OPEN

12:45pm

PIT LANE CLOSED GRID FORMATION

12:46pm

NATIONAL ANTHEM

1:00pm

GRAND PRIX ( 56 LAPS OR 120 MINS)

USGP Race Day Schedule 2013Nov 13, 2016-Nov 13, 2018

Venues

FERRARI CHALLENGE

Formula One

TRACK ACTIVITY

Popular

Looks like only one support series.

So, between Ferrari Challenge & F1, only 4 hot-lapping sessions Friday, 4 Saturday, & 2 Sunday. Pretty sparse on the action.

With only 3 weeks to go, it's possible they could announce another series, but it's pretty damn late. Now I guess we know why they put off this announcement for so long.

Wow.

After telling people yesterday that tickets would be FedExed tomorrow, apparently COTA is now saying they'll be sent "in the next week or two".

Also, responding to complaints about the lack of support races, they're telling people to "expect more soon". So with 3 weeks to go they're still trying to line up support races and are saying they'll mail tickets in the next week or two?

Oh my.

Don't forget the day before come join us at Central Texas Speedway for NASCAR Saturday Night.. Carrera Internacional presented by A Line Auto Parts. Some of the finest drivers in the state racing in the last race of the season. Everything from NASCAR Late Models, NASCAR Trucks, Super Stocks, Modifieds and much more. All for just $15.00!!!

On top of that we have great food, cold beer and music afterwards in our Cowboy Harley Bar. Check out www.centexspeedway.com for more information.

If anyone has questions my number is listed below feel free to call or text.

Shuttle Lot purchase & other transportation info:

http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/parki...-release/nbXrq/

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/tickets

Much better deal than they've offered for parking in their lots before, assuming the prices are per car and not per person. Doesn't say either way to my knowledge. The track shuttle plan seems a little lacking if you wanna get from the Main GS or Turn 1 to Turn 11.

Damn COTA.

Their own website says if you wanna use their pay shuttle lots "You can purchase in advance here or pay cash at the lot". An hour ago they tweeted this:

Circuit of Americas @circuitamericas

@markwimmer Hey Mark, we won't be offering cash parking at our Red and Yellow lots. You'll need to purchase passes in advance.

...and get this. As of 0930, their back gate on Elroy Road was closed with cars trying to get in. SVRA Vintage racing started at 0800. Reminds me of when they still had the gate locked between the bridges an hour into V8 Supercars until a guy tweeted about it.

The SVRA event this weekend at COTA is incredible. Went out yesterday & was blown away by the cars. Was not blown away at all by being locked out of 3/4 of the track. The fans can only access T15-18 and the Main GS to T1. Unreal.

COTA not on SCCA 2014 schedule:

“It is obviously disappointing that we could not reach an agreement with COTA for a Majors event in 2014,” SCCA Interim President & CEO Lisa Noble said. “With such a substantial investment required to hold an event at the facility, there was no way around a massive increase to the entry fee for the drivers, thus making the event unfeasible."

http://www.racer.com/additional-dates-and-...article/318711/

So I took my boys out to COTA for the SVRA Vintage Racecar National Championships. I ended up with an album 2x as big as even my typically large albums, but there were so many amazing cars and so much racing this weekend, I just couldn't keep it down to a reasonable size.

There were some truly historic racing machines there. See how many cars you can identify. Fans were restricted to T15-18 & the Main GS - T1, which took away many of the best photo shooting areas. I got the best angles I could with what was available.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.7...4878&type=1

There was a little bit of everything running out there. F1, IndyCar (even one from 1911), LMP, DP, NASCAR, Can Am, Sportscars, Muscle Cars, small sedans, Minis, & more you can't see in the samples:

1380627_732015946812953_2144728713_n.jpg

1381383_731955873485627_1627804227_n.jpg

1424533_731963260151555_1877879682_n.jpg

1391472_731970043484210_1704114476_n.jpg

1385047_731990616815486_1736615961_n.jpg

1379354_731946056819942_318073411_n.jpg

1426513_732003016814246_757859910_n.jpg

1441368_732003933480821_216433292_n.jpg

1383075_732004100147471_395653274_n.jpg

537312_732016230146258_1460056471_n.jpg

Have you rented an RV space from COTA? Hope you have an onboard generator.

This was just posted on another forum. Oy.

"FYI to anyone who bought the onsite RV parking/4 GA tickets for $1k. They are saying now that you are not allowed to run a generator unless it was a standard piece of enclosed equipment on your RV, and that you have to buy power from them for $400.

Not a single mention of this when tickets were sold."

My buddy was hounding them for weeks trying to determine when the gates would open and the exact time we would be allowed to enter. They blew him off him for a while and finally passed him on to a women who is running the RV site. She gave him that info.

Incidentally, the tickets just arrived Thursday and there was no mention of this in the enclosed info there, either.

I think they are going to have a tough time enforcing this when you get a few hundred people showing up with generators and them all being told, "Sorry, we forgot to mention, you still owe us $400 more dollars that we never told you about and allowed you to budget for".

Those spots went on sale on July 2 iirc. Turns out on September 30 they sent out an email that included notification of the change. So they waited almost 3 months to tell people about this requirement. Nicely done, COTA.

ETA: So it looks like COTA has reacted & has sent out a clarification email. Funny how that always seems to work with them. LMAO. The problem there is, as with the Sep 30 email, the info seems to only be available to people who have already purchased spots. Might affect sales to let everyone know. :/

Also with only 11 days left until FP1, many people still haven't received their tickets and are getting antsy.

We just got a message on our page from a follower who is also still waiting. He says he called cota & it took forever to get thru. He also says they're telling people if tickets aren't at your house by Friday, then to pick them up at will call. The problem there is that many ppl are also waiting for parking passes. So how do you pick up your tix at will call when u can't park anywhere?

A lot of people have been asking about the condition of the COTA grounds after the recent flooding. I thought I had posted this here already, but I guess not. I posted this in response to a question on Motorsport Mayhem about the condition of the grounds. Keep in mind, these pics are from the SVRA weekend, hours after a mere 1/3" rain on Saturday night. They are not from after the big floods.

How are things looking around the track area with all the rain in the past few days?

After the Halloween flooding it was reported that the lower areas of the COTA property had flooded, as did many low areas immediately surrounding the track. Apparently the tunnels flooded also. Amazing that they have no drainage.

During the SVRA event last weekend (before the much bigger Halloween storm) there was mud & standing water everywhere hours after the rain ended & some of the footpaths were heavily eroded from rains over the past few weeks. The turn 1 GA area would have been a disaster with an F1 turnout there & at least one grass high-traffic area was reduced to a muddy mess even with by far the smallest race day crowd they've ever seen.

Here, you be the judge.These were taken during the SVRA event with paid admission. Imagine the scenes with an F1 crowd:

The high-traffic "walkway" from the paddock to the esses & the stdium complex. This was taken in the morning. It was much worse later:

post-3-1383675869.jpg

Just behind a main straight hospitality area. During the first few sessions on Sunday, walking through here was our only path from the Main GS to the T1 GS:

post-3-1383676040.jpg

The T1 GA area and the bottleneck traffic area between it and the T1 concessions/restrooms:

post-3-1383677697.jpg

post-3-1383677709.jpg

Behind the T1GS:

post-3-1383677719.jpg

post-3-1383677728.jpg

post-3-1383677736.jpg

post-3-1383677745.jpg

Standing water in the walkway along the esses:

post-3-1383677752.jpg

On a somewhat related note, here's the nearest open "restroom facility' we could find to T1 when my son needed to go. It was behind the Main GS. We had to walk all the way down from the T1GS to find this:

post-3-1383677760.jpg

In summary....pray for dry weather for the race. COTA is certainly not prepared for the alternative.

BTW, COTA is taking a beating on their Facebook page over USGP ticket delays, apparently deleting posts by angry customers.

In a KVUE article today they said that:

- all the tickets have been sent (customers are telling us otherwise)

- they're only a week late (bullshit. they're a month late according to COTA's own website), and

- the only remaining problems are with customers who moved or changed addresses. That prompted a flood of responses on our page from people saying they're using the same addresses as last year and haven't heard a thing about the tickets.

9 days out from FP1. This is crazy.

In this story, just as we're seeing elsewhere, COTA's story about the ticket delays seems to contradict customer accounts of emails they've received.

In some customer emails, COTA says they've "mailed our last batch of tickets this past Monday, Nov. 4th". In others as late as today, they're saying that tickets "will be mailed out shortly via USPS".

So far COTA has blamed address updates, a printing problem, Ticketmaster, and FOM. Who's next?

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.kxa...-B3U74aBZk92TUg

This isn't part of obama care is it . :lol: sorry could not help myself the way it is being run reminds me of the government the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing .but plenty of excuses and pointing the blame somewhere else ..i think secretly .jerry jones ..nancy pelosi . harry reed .jay carney are making the decisions here ...

Archived