A Message From Stephan

I just got off of the phone with Stephan and he wanted me to relay some information. First, thank you to all of the participants from last night. You guys did your part and put on the best show possible. He knows there were some issues and they are being addressed. Check back later for more details. -Jamie (the photoguy)

First and foremost I want to thank all the racers that came both friday and saturday night. Several drivers busted butt all week to get their cars there at the last second to support the shootout. That means alot! I have talked in great detail with some individuals that are huge supporters of the shootout series and learned of many problems. We are very dependant on the tracks and its personel to run the show while we are trying to put on the show. Starting emmidiately the series will be in total control over the lineup drawing (bingo style). We will give the track the lineups for all heat races, b mains, and features. Starting emmidiatly we will be timing all heat race winners when they are running their 2 lap time trails that determines pole sitter. We will again have our competition director/flagman be instrumental in making all final decisions on the track. We will use the tracks flagman in some capacity but not as the final decision maker.

From a personal positive point of view I thought everyone from the shootout carried themselves very well and were respectful to each other for the most part. I saw many drivers in need and many teams supporting them with their own parts to help get hurt cars ready for the next race. Lots of new faces in the shootout and many from far away distances were there representing. I saw alot of faces and talked to so many people before and after the races. The interest and excitement for the shootout series was very evident and appears to be very strong.

Areas needing to be addressed will be addressed leading into Race #2. I did notice a lack of knowledge from many racers on racing proceedures and format. The driver package should have about everything needed for a driver to not have so many questions. READ THEM PLEASE so all we are only dealing with small details after the drivers meeting. Now that we have had a race this year bring your questions to the drivers meeting for answers. Couple issues came up about why we ran a B Main last night? After our heat races we had 15 cars fighting for 12 spots. Unless a track desides to start more then 24 cars in the A Main then we have to qualify the top 24 period. I would have loved to have seen all 27 race but that is a financial decision the track must take on. Starting (3) extra cars would have added $225 to the already existing purse. These are strickly track decisions not series decisions. Some tracks will weight if the time savings of not running a B Main is worth the extra purse expense of starting more then 24. I dont see this being an issue in future races because the car counts will be increasing making us having to run B Mains no matter what. We will take on last nights issues and resolve them. Race #2 will have its own issues and we will learn from them.

I want to thank a couple individuals who took on alot of responsibilities to help us last night. Brenda and Tricia Dancer, Robbie Opiela, Ashley Schul, Amber Helton, Jeff Zavesky, Mickey Helms and Jamie Brabson! Hard working folks each and everyone of them thankyou.

Lastly to you drivers, I have no idea I was going to be called upon to introduce you last night? I was clearly a deer in the headlamps and was taken by suprise. I went brain dead and couldnt even think of my own name much less anyone else. Please accept my apoligy if I had to ask your name and home town to get through it. It was probably really funny to my actual friends having me ask them what their damn names were then anything else but oh well we some how got through it.

Results will be posted tonight and points we will be updated Monday night.

I was clearly a deer in the headlamps and was taken by suprise. I went brain dead and couldnt even think of my own name much less anyone else.

Don't ya hate when that happens.....LOL

I've had it happen while announcing a time or two.....I just blamed it on the mic going dead....lol

On the note of hurt cars receiving help. Our car was one of those cars. Our racing friends helped us with parts & labor. Without their help, we would not have been ready for the B-Main , which allowed us to make the A-Feature. Those efforts prevented a short night from happening. We are sincerely thankfull to our friends who helped. Chuck & Jarrett Barber

Archived