Radius of the turns?

TTR73

I thought the Nueces River was freshwater? Don't think there's anything too close to the track as far as fishing. You could go down by the new arena and fish the bay or Indian Point (right before you get to Portland). They have been reporting reds and drums there at night using live shrimp, seriously. Shrimp, great job in San Antonio, strong sixth place. Congrats to Greg Jr. on third behind two of San Antonio's best in that class. I wish that Randle and Blaszak (sorry if it's misspelled) had troubles, they both ran strong when they were running. Good showing by our Corpus guys.

You could go out to Padre Island. Not sure when they are going to officially close Bob Hall. If you got a boat there are plenty of places ie. Baffin Bay, Laguna Madre, etc etc. Best feeling in the world is watching fish hit a top water.

Jason

Thanks for the advice about fishing locales. I hope that I do get a chance to at least get a line wet. Red and drum sounds wonderful. Unfortunately, we won't be bringing the boat due to bringing 3 cars.

See you at CCMS,

Mona #29 SAS Sportsman Owner

As far as I know, Bob Hall is now closed, but the area around Bob Hall is still a big fishing place. I would still go to Indian Point. There are some historical buffs trying to find some cannons from Texas missions in the Nueces River so fishing the river probably won't be too accessible. My advice is to check the local paper when you guys get here and in the back of the Sports pages, there usually is a report of hot spots for fishing. David Sikes is the name of the guy who usually writes this report and for what I hear, he's pretty accurate. And actually, all the reports I've read suggest that using live shrimp for bait has yielded the best results, live shrimp and piggies or something weird like that. From the track, go down Agnes, get back on the freeway like you're leaving town. Take the Shoreline exit follow that freeway 'til you get to a sign that says Portland or Uss Lexington. Take that exit and go over the Harbor Bridge, then there's a camel-hump type of a bridge and Indian Point park is on the right almost immediately after the camel-hump bridge. It is dark there, but supposedly is the best spot (without a boat) for Reds. Have a safe trip and we'll see you this weekend.

Archived