Any Word?

Jamie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shucks... it was raining when I got to Leal Road so I zipped right on by. Didn't see anything different than on the way down though.

I did kinda tip my hat on the way by out of respect for the lady who is in a coma right now.

Nick

Car counts did seem good based on results lists. Guess that prime real estate cost probably got I37. SAS is all the infrastructure needs that needed updated. It's just sad. Last time I came up 37 I noticed a lot of oil rigs pretty close to the track wonder if they have eyes on the property. Hope you guys get your playground(s) back soon.

Track is a little far north for the oil activity. Probably thought it would have made a good yard for somebody. I live in Pleasanton, and, it seems like it's slowing down some. Traffic's not quite as bad, a few companies have moved out or gone under. This Eagleford trend goes from southwest to northeast, and looks like most of the work is moving east. And before some people say I don't know the oil industry, been in it one way or the other last 40 years, and I've seen a many booms come and go. Just my 2 cents.

It's been about six months since traveling up that way but remember seeing some temporary rigs around a 20 mile radius from the track right off 37. I agree about the moving east, went up 181/281 in December to the Austin area and those small towns had a lot of temporary housing and several oil company trucks. I know it's pretty big west of 37 as well. I'm sure that land isn't cheap though being right off the interstate.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks a lot better than I thought it would.

Agreed, after sitting dormant for over a year I expected to see Mother Nature totally taking over. It wouldn't take too much to get it going again (relatively speaking of course)

Jay....LOL... I would do it if I wasnt racing.. I would be on it in a heart beat....But to me its hard to play the two roles together..so until I retire, We will support it thu the car. I will say that if it does ever reopen....the tribute will return for the troops.. thats a promise..

Rob....How the hell are ya man??? lol

• 1 month later...

is it possible to get the phone number to contact about the track?

contact Jim knudtson. He can help you with contact info. Please!!! Someone reopen this track. I gotta streetstock sitting in the garage and lookin for a purestock.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived