Payout for TRP

TRP

Payouts really are not that far apart just paying per position pay different. You take the top 10 payout for both classes and the total paid out in the Late Models is $1260.00, total payout for Limited is $1295.00. $35.00 total difference based off top 10. I'm not Ken and don't have a dog in the fight but it looks like Ken was fair and pretty equal based off possible car count for both classes.

Kelly

No he knows which class will bring 20 cars every night.. It makes more since to pay the sport mods more because there is more of those around and on any given night could have 30 cars.. If there was that many LM's in the area they would get paid more.. It's all about where your bread gets buttered!

That is definately an interesting way to look at it. SOS thought the same last year, but there were more nights with more Late Models over limiteds than the other way around. I don't see you drawing 30+ cars for under $1500, but good luck with that.

By this logic, the front wheel drive class would have been the highest paid at I-37, but maybe thats what shut them down. I just don't see the logic in paying a stock framed car with a, quote un quote, pure stock engine more than a full purpose built race car. I guess that is why the late models died before, will probably die again, and it is hard to see "real" modifieds in South Texas.

Have you ever watched the Limiteds at SOS? They wreck each other out every week is why they had no cars ask Floyd about that.. Also look at a logistical standpoint Edna is a hell of alot closer to Houston than goliad which means ppl will come down to race because they know Texana is smooth and racey.. Bruce was getting an average of 22 sportmod when he was running it which means sometimes there was more than 22 and sportmod weren't even the most popular class then..

Let's all get along, shall we? The purse has been posted and it looks good to me and I'm sure it looks good to a lot of racers.

All tracks have their strong points and all tracks have their weak points. To harp on the weak spots is very bad for the sport in general especially since there is so much good to talk about!

Nick

Not gonna draw alot of Late models from Houston area with that payout on top of costing $65 to race. Such a nice place to be twice as much to race at ....

Whut?? Is it $65 for them boys to race this year at Edna? I see whut your sayin now from website. It looks like $50 to race plus $15 for tranzpondur. And, that wuld be $65. If right, sounds like it will be most expensuv place in texas to race. Will nachos be highur to?

...with that payout on top of costing $65 to race. Such a nice place to be twice as much to race at ....

So with a payout lower than expected (or other tracks), and cost to compete higher, the net is less $ in your pocket.

Therefore, many (some?) racers will decide to go elsewhere, or not race at the track at all.

And the track will suffer from the resultant loss of revenue ....

Welcome to a free enterprise system y'all :rolleyes:

...with that payout on top of costing $65 to race. Such a nice place to be twice as much to race at ....

So with a payout lower than expected (or other tracks), and cost to compete higher, the net is less $ in your pocket.

Therefore, many (some?) racers will decide to go elsewhere, or not race at the track at all.

And the track will suffer from the resultant loss of revenue ....

Welcome to a free enterprise system y'all :rolleyes:

we would travel from Alvin before but its just to expensive now and we aren't even in Houston ...

Every track has limited resources and every the track has to decide how to best allocate those resources. I'm sure the track management put some thought into their purse structure just as I'm equally sure that racers like to complain in public about anything that doesn't suit their fancy.

Folks if you don't care to race at a particular track for whatever reason, don't race there.

But there is no sense whatsoever in getting on here and bashing the track, telling the world why you refuse to race at the track and otherwise cast a negative light on the track.

And, as many of you already know, I do my best to keep the public bashing of any Texas track to a minimum on here and along that line I am asking that folks keep things positive in this tread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick

Mine is not bashing, mine are comments and without comments, tracks will never know there is a problem. Is it better for Ken to stand around scratching his head wondering why count is higher somewhere or why Joe Blow isn't coming to his facility ? I think you are looking at this wrong, I wasn't "bashing" the purse, I was "bashing" the fact of charging $65 to race which is higher than anywhere else by DOUBLE coupled with the low purse and the talk of low Late Model counts. With a cost of $65 to get in to race, the purse should be considerably more. Let me even take it a step further ... SUPR single race ... $100 entry fee .... pays $2500 to win ... $400 to start and $50 none qualifier money. your talking $35 less ..... Maybe some influence should be put on getting funds from front gate instead of back gate. Texana is a great track with great people and we have raced there alot but lets face it, there is no reason to kill your entertainment in this day and age ...

Chris Jewell

Wow! Is all I can say. I'm matched up or paying more then some tracks on purse and I get shot down!

I can change things and will if need be, but I'm just starting out and trying to get my feet wet.

The biggest difference this season here, is it is my own money I have invested here.

I have invested everything I have into this venture. To pursue a dream I've had since I was very young.

I have alot of things that I have not posted yet I want to do for the racer's.

Like a points fund, give-a-ways, and other things as well. Im putting my heart and soul into this

to make it happen for y'all and for me. But I need to get this thing up and running.

If all of you would understand the hours, work, sweat, and money I have put into this and haven't even got a dime out of it yet.

I will pay purse accordingly, sport mods have always been a top class here, if I can get 16 or more cars in a class I will give more payout. But I need to get a night or two under my belt to see where I'm at.

Believe me, I'm opening this for you the racer's, Not to make lots of money.

Thank you for your support and help. I appreciate it.

Look forward to seeing you this season.

thanks for the reply Ken and I do appreciate your position. Once again, I am not addressing the purse, I was talking about the $65 entry fee .....

Thanks again, I will mine my own business from here further and let the cards fall where they may ....

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

We will be there Ken. Texana has always been fun and like someone else said, if a racer is in this sport to make money they in the wrong business!!! See y'all at the races in Edna, TX!! Thanks Ken for all your hard work to bring Texana Raceway Park back!!!

$65 to race is really reasonable today. If that is too much, you should probably not be racing anyway. Racing is a money pit for disposable income. Not everyone has disposable income. But it takes money to keep the pit open so let them be. Dont hate the player, hate the game.

Archived