TPS RACE BULLETIN - March 23

Texas Pro Sedans - RACE BULLETIN #1 (UPDATED Feb 22)

CC SPEEDWAY - March 23, 2013 - TPS Race # 1

This Race Bulletin, Generic Race Entry Form and TPS Membership Form is available on: www.texasprosedans.com

Sponsors: Janet's Cakery, Travelodge Hotel - Corpus Christi (more sponsors needed)

TPS Discount Motel Travelodge Corn Products Rd, I-37, exit #5, NIGHT GUARD & VIDEO, 2-4 persons New rate $55. Free Continental Breakfast 6-9am. When making reservations @ new # 888/567-1344, mention special TPS rate.

SATURDAY - MARCH 23

5:00pm-Pit Gate Opens (TPS cars must pit in assigned area. Pit fire extinguisher required)

TPS participants must sign correct TPS sheet & wear correct wrist band at CCS (tell your family)

5:45pm-TPS Drivers Meeting (miss meeting, no practice, no scanner=rear grid penalty, (transponder-see below)

6:00pm-Deadline for (1) one gate bonus point

6:00pm-TPS PRACTICE - 6:00pm-6:10pm plus two others (practice mandatory or start race at rear)

7:30pm-TPS QUALIFYING TIME TRIALS - 2 Laps - qualifying line inverted by 2012 point standings.

9:00pm-TPS FEATURE - 35 Laps heads-up - NO GRID LIMIT, 30 min limit, dnt's at rear by 2013 pts or entry If time trials not held or completed, Feature Race will grid by 2013 TPS points, then order of entry

9:30pm-Post Race TPS Inspection - weight, carb check, random P&G - Trophy presented to TPS Feature Winner

IF POSTPONED - Per 2013 TPS contract with CC Speedway - no rain dates are available for races at CCS. (For weather information call David Mackey cell 512/913-9364 or TPS office 512/280-4869)

ENTRY FEE - $60 - per car if paid two weeks in advance by mail/check and completed entry form.

(Entry fee refunded (less $10) until car passes thru Pit Gate. All drivers and crews must sign the TPS clipboard).

LATE ENTRY - $70 - per car if paid late at track in pits (late $10 deposited into the TPS Treasury).

TPS PIT PASS - $30 - per person (Rain checks good on next race date). No Refunds. Under 18 need parental release

SPECIFICATIONS - TPS 2013 Rules & Specifications (Note: Windshields and rear windows required or be issued a large and increasing weight penalty) Each driver must receive scanner on 154.570 MHz when on track.

TRANSPONDER - AMB Transponder must be on all times on track. AMB Transponder is required to be timed and race scored. (David Mackey has 2 transponders FOR RENT-$50. Reservation required. Call David 512/913-9364)

INVITED CARS - CCS & CTS Minis accepted provided in compliance with their rules and weigh by TPS 2013 rules. (Invited car upgrades OK: CCS & CTS may use: TPS 13” Hoosier Racing Tires or DOT tires, may use after-market suspension parts, may lock drive wheels, may not have external nerf bars, must use rear view mirror(s).

MEMBERSHIP - All drivers required to hold a valid 2013 Texas Pro Sedans membership to drive on track.

(One race TPS memberships are available for $25. Car number priority goes to TPS full season $75 members.)

PURSE - CC Speedway will pay $22.50 from Saturday TPS pit pass proceeds to help the TPS purse. All sponosor money goes into the TPS purse. TPS Officials will be paid from appropriate entry fee deduction. Remaining funds received from CCS and TPS Sponsors will make Purse. Feature pay off next week by U.S. Mail.

TROPHY - A Trophy for the TPS Feature Race Winner will be presented by CC Speedway

POINTS - Awarded per TPS Rules ie: 2 points to fastest new record on newly repaired CCS surface.

INSURANCE - FKA Insurance Services, LLC, Mahwah, NJ. Coverage (tentative limits): Liability - $1,000,000 each occurrence, Accidental Death & Dismemberment - $10,000, Medical Excess - $25,000. Insurance details available: andream@wsibinsurance.com

TPS TIRES - To order Hoosier F 60 8.0/23.0x13” shipped or delivered to track, Call: Jerry Spencer, Hoosier Racing Tires, Kyle, 512/784-1192 c/o SS Motorsports at Central Texas Speedway. 

(David is willing to transport tires to CCS if called well in advance).

RACE GAS - 110 octane racing gas is sold by CC Speedway in pits (or bring your own race gas).

The preceding official TPS Race Bulletin was reviewed and authorized by:

David Mackey, Race Director, Texas Pro Sedans

c/o 720 Shiny Rock Drive, Austin, Texas 78748

Office Phone - 512/280-4869 … Cell Phone - 512/913-9364

d.mackey84@yahoo.com

This Texas Pro Sedans Race Bulletin was prepared and posted by the TPS Publications Office Director

• 1 month later...
Who’s coming to race Saturday? B)

The 8 wont make this race. gotta get my son through the first night in his class ....plus i found somethings i have to do to the 8 pinto before it races again . nothing to serious ...but need attention and some cost money.

The official TPS entries for the March 23rd race at CC Speedway which were received since the 2013 TPS Schedule was first posted here on January 24th are:

1 – James Hogan/Spicewood, TX – Ford Mustang

5 – Jeff Meeks/Marion, TX - Ford Taurus

15 – Tom Johnson/ Kingsland, TX - Ford Mustang

25 – Sterling Beck/San Antonio, TX - Ford Mustang

28 – Lisa Sandoval/Corpus Christi, TX - Ford Pinto

70 – Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX - VW Scirocco

77 – Mike Knotts/Universal City, TX - VW Scirocco

94 - Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX - VW GTI

TPS NEWS:

Texas Pro Sedans major Sponsor Janet's Cakery has posted some serious money which will be added to the March 23 TPS Purse and increase it about 20%.

David Mackey has suggested that TPS cars arrive early at the CCS gate on March 23 before it actually opens at 5:00pm. This will help all concerned with first of season race technical inspection and will produce more track time for TPS cars instead of completing entry paperwork and being inspected.

A reminder: TPS Discount Motel Travelodge Corn Products Rd, I-37, exit #5, NIGHT GUARD & VIDEO, 2-4 persons, new rate $55. Free Continental Breakfast 6-9am. When making reservations @ new # 888/567-1344, mention special TPS rate.

Btw: In case you may have missed it, the April 6th Race Bulletin for Central Texas Speedway has been UPDATED. The Texas Pro Sedans have been elevated from an afternoon class to the evening schedule and will be featured with the Late Model, Modified and the Truck classes. Check out the updated April 6th TPS Race Bulletin at CTS which is posted here on Speed Zone.

This Texas Pro Sedans News Release was prepared and posted for the TPS Race Director by the TPS Publications Office Director

The 8 wont make this race. gotta get my son through the first night in his class ....plus i found somethings i have to do to the 8 pinto before it races again . nothing to serious ...but need attention and some cost money.

Mike it sounds like a lot of excuses, are you scared?

I thought that you practice twice and now problems!

I’m sure that Josh can handle his new class,

he actually may do better without you bothering him.

JK :lol:

Mike it sounds like a lot of excuses, are you scared?

I thought that you practice twice and now problems!

I’m sure that Josh can handle his new class,

he actually may do better without you bothering him.

JK :lol:a

Tell you what ill ride with you ..now that would be something of a sight to see start selling the tickets ...if the distributor wasnt worn out and the rear springs would agree with what i want them to do .i promise the car would be there ...so ill have to sit this one out .no need in parking it during the race like the last three races ..but ill give you a race when i make it there ..you can bet on it ..... besides the distributor showed its ugly face with joshua behind the wheel...which is what we were out there for ............ as for his car .. i just work on it here and there ..he tells me what it is doing and i try to fix it . you know duct tape .a few tie straps /and a half inch wrench...other than that he does really well with very little input..he has been around racing all his life and paid attention .. [ surprise]] to what others say .even learning from you ..

Archived