CC Speedway Late Models/Limited late Models

Abel64

We are pleased to announce the arrival of Late/Limited Model Racing at CC Speedway May 18, 2013 (date subject to change). As many of you might have heard or anticipated, we are putting our best foot forward to bring back a higher class of racing to the fastest 1/4-mile asphalt track in Texas. As we all know, there are a lot of idle, nostalgic and new Late/Limited Model race cars that would like a new track to race on. Well, now they have a chance to return to CC Speedway.

We are adopting the same rules rules as CTS so that way a lot of race cars don't have have to change their cars in between tracks.

We would also like to add that we are in the process of track surface repair. Renovations are also in order over the next few weeks prior to opening night, March 23, 2013.

We have a proposed purse payout (subject to change) for our first night of Late Model Racing considering a 10+ car count. All cars qualify with a $100 fastest qualifier. Top 5 will draw for invert for a 75-lap feature (cautions will count).

NO ENTRY FEE FOR OPENING NIGHT OF LM/LLM RACING!!!!

PURSE PAYOUT:

1.$1,000

2.$700

3.$600

4.$400

5.$300

6.$200

7.$150

8.$125

9.$100

10.$75

Any questions and concerns are greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your participation and attendance. Please feel free to spread the word,so we can all see some bad ass racing and make new friends,thank you!

Please feel free to call me at 361-219-1633

I just increased the purse by an anonymous sponsor... I'm working on more sponsored as they commit,its looking better as the days go by.

1. I am confused who is speaking with authority for CC Speedway. I thought Dan Monroe was the track owner/manager. But I see announcements by "hooliganz" and by "Abel64". Are these posters really authorized to speak for CCS?

2. I'm sure a lot of former Nascar and TSRS Late Models, and "nostalgic LM" would love to race at CCS. But they cannot compete with any chance to run up front. Adopting CTS rules is doing no favor to these other limited LM cars. Instead of getting some rules "breaks" to compete with the more advanced Pro Late Model cars, the limited LM have to add 225 lbs of penalties (100 lbs for a non-ABC body; and 125 lbs for running the 2-bbl steel head engine).

-Pacecar (Larry Bendele No. 23, TSRS / NASCAR LMS)

1. I am confused who is speaking with authority for CC Speedway. I thought Dan Monroe was the track owner/manager. But I see announcements by "hooliganz" and by "Abel64". Are these posters really authorized to speak for CCS?

2. I'm sure a lot of former Nascar and TSRS Late Models, and "nostalgic LM" would love to race at CCS. But they cannot compete with any chance to run up front. Adopting CTS rules is doing no favor to these other limited LM cars. Instead of getting some rules "breaks" to compete with the more advanced Pro Late Model cars, the limited LM have to add 225 lbs of penalties (100 lbs for a non-ABC body; and 125 lbs for running the 2-bbl steel head engine).

Give me a call Larry 361-219-1633,I am the promoter for Dan and CC Speedway. I appreciate all responses and I will address all issues accordingly and try to come to an agreement we all can deal with and yes Dan Monroe is still the owner,thanks for the reply and look forward to hearing from you.

I dont get on here much but I need to let everyone know that myself and Troy have been trying for two years to bring latmodels back to CC. Now with the help of Able it might be posible. I cannot thank these guys enough and I know the fans in Corpus cant wait. Abel is working on my and CC speedway behalf and a great asset Thanks Dan Monroe

Hey Larry, this is a good discussion for guys like us that actually have a car. I've been talking with Abel and figured if there are cars that are going to run CTS, it would be easy to just jump over to CCS and run. I know myself, Bobby Teer, and Todd Farris, and maybe Paul Reyes have already said we would come. If you, and other would bring theirs, I'm sure Abel will want to hear from all of us. I haven't run there since 81 and think it would be fun to run there again, especially since they WANT us to run there. I know they are scratching as much money together as they can to put a purse together. I know that feeling and respect what they are trying to do. I'm available anytime if you want to chat.

CTS rules really dont encourage TSRS or Nascar LM to run, they just allow them into the race after lots of changes. Nascar Late Model / TSRS cars will have huge weight difference not to mention the changing of lots of parts. Quick Changes, non stock spindles, aluminum calipers, heads, intake minifolds, over the top exhaust, ignition, the removal of 3 link on camaro front clip cars, removing mini clutches and then having to buy new parts to replace them does'nt encourage me to dust off the car.

I would like to see maybe a 75 pound penalty for any car that meets the old TSRS rules and maybe -1 percent left side weight to run with existing CCS cars. I have been over the rules overs and overs and if you ask me CCS Street Stocks that are built right are the cars to beat.

It's not just the parts that will cost lots of $$ to replace but having to run with such a big weight difference is to much for me.[

If you guys can just try and be patient I'm sure you are going to be pleased with what were working on. I had a meeting with Cris with SAS and we are trying to work together on rules to accommodate everyone. SAS is offering their help to us to try and make this work for all tracks. I'm working on more sponsors for the race for a better purse as well. Thank you all for all the responses. I will be posting updates as I get more commitments.

DRIVERS CAR OWNERS .CC HAS OPENED THE DOOR ..WE AS FANS ALOT OF US WOULD LOVE TO SEE LATE MODELS RACE HERE .. GIVE IT TIME AND INPUT ON WHAT THE TRACK CAN DO TO HELP YOU MAKE IT DOWN HERE .WEIGHT BREAKS .RESTRICTOR PLATES WHAT EVER IT TAKES ..IF TPS CAN WORK THE RULES TO EVEN THE FIELD IT COULD BE DONE SOMEHOW I THINK WITH LATE MODELS .BELIEVE ME IF YOU WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK CLOSELY AT TPS CARS YOU WILL FIND AND WONDER HOW ON EARTH THOSE CARS CAN RUN WITH EACH OTHER ,,LOOK AT OUR TWO CARS ONE IS TUBED ONE ISNT .ONE HAS A TON MORE MOTOR THAN THE OTHER .BUT ARE REALLY CLOSE ..LALO.S .AND CODYS CARS ARE DARN NEAR AS STOCK CHASSIS AS YOU CAN GET AND MORE STOCK THAN ONE OF OURS BY FAR AND NOT EVEN CLOSE TO SOME OF THE OTHERS .YET THEY RUN SOME OF THE FASTEST LAPS .AND GIVE UP UP TO FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS OVER THE OTHER TOP CARS ...WEIGHT RULES HELP .LEFT SIDE RULE SLOWS US DOWN ......WELL SOMETHING TO LOOK AT HOPE YEAH CAN MAKE IT WORK ,,,WE WILL ROLE OUT THE RED CARPET IF NEED BE ....WITH A SMILE .....GOOD LUCK ........

Well if there are more TSRS/NASCAR Late models out there then those would be the rules you would want to run I would think.Make the rules fit the most cars that are out there without having to make a lot of changes to compete. Got to compliment the efforts of hooliganz and abel64 in you efforts.Guys with your passion should help CCS get back to where it was.Best of luck to you.

As promised on updates I have a list of committed race cars. Thanks to all that have responded,the list is getting bigger as the days go by.

1. Mike Reiniger

2. Paul Reyes

3. Bobby Teer

4. Todd Farris ( 2 racecars)

5. Larry Bendele

6. Troy Hensiek ( 2 racecars)

7. Jeff Moore

8. Johnny Hernandez

9. David Sevilla Jr.

10.Dillon Spreen

11.Chris Davidson #41

12.John Heil

13.Matt Kaminski

14.Arthur Alexander

15. James Sousa

I'm happy to announce another driver committed to race with us. The legendary late model racers son Chris Davidson will be attending our race on May18. We thank the Davidson team for your supported efforts.

I'm happy to announce another late model driver added to the list. Thank you Arthur Alexander for your supported effort as well . That makes 14 race cars and that then the purse goes up at 15 plus race cars. Thanks to all and keep them phone calls coming.

After further review we have decided to cancel one part of the CTS Rules. There will not be a 125 weight penalty for ABC Bodies. We are also mandating a one set 4 tire rule for this race. We are also glad to announce that Cris Saathoff will be our Technical Inspector for this race. If you all have any questions please feel free to call me at 361-219-1633 and thanks everyone for your support.

A purse increase has been added by my niece Andie Arredondo. A total if $200 to the LLM/LM Purse if 10 or more cars start. That's $100 for first and $100 for second. There will be more purse increases as sponsors commit.

1.$1100

2.$800

3.$600

4.$400

5.$300

6.$200

7.$175

8.$150

9.$125

10.$100

I'm happy to announce another late model driver added to the list. Thank you Arthur Alexander for your supported effort as well . That makes 14 race cars and that then the purse goes up at 15 plus race cars. Thanks to all and keep them phone calls coming.

:rolleyes: If Todd Farris and Troy Hensiek have 2 cars entered each then wouldn't the count be 16 cars or are their drivers listed already ?

:rolleyes: If Todd Farris and Troy Hensiek have 2 cars entered each then wouldn't the count be 16 cars or are their drivers listed already ?

No Sam,not until I get confirmation from both them on other drivers. So that's why I haven't listed 16 but thanks for your input Sam. I'm waiting on more calls,there will be more listed as the days go by.

Archived