Check out New Rule on CCMS Web Site

racin4fun

poorboy,

I've had to slam on my brakes many, many,many times and not for a flat at all AND I HAVE had the car get torn up completely...had NOTHING to do with mirrors...lack of focus and attention from drivers behind...a mirror would have done nothing to prevent that...oh well JMO.

EJ,

You are right...and not just the faster cars, but the drivers that don't need mirrors or radios to drive a good, clean race...mind you it did keep you on your toes when lap traffic came around!!

Rick

I can't help it. I just have to respond. To think that somebody at CC actually can drive and look in the mirror to decide their next move is idiotic. Anybody who has raced for like a lap around a racetrack knows when somebody is underneath them or outside them. "Mirror driving" out of context just means that somebody doesn't want to give a lane when they know somebody is making a pass on them. It in no way has anything to do with driving while looking in your mirror. Somebody with half a brain or instinct should know that a car is making a move on you, whether you have a mirror or not. And there was plenty of examples of that Saturday night. There was probably more "mirror driving" without the mirrors than there was with. For example the 39 and 19 wreck in the heat, and the spun out cars in the feature. Then you have lapped cars almost taking out the leaders because they have no clue and don't bother to look at move over flags. So, to take out the mirrors is moronic, to put it simply. And to think it will solve any problems is just stupid. It won't change the way a "mirror driver" drives, and then it will just add more problems for those who need their mirrors to get the hell out of the way.

Okay, I had a quick response, but I decided to let it go, until now. Greg DID NOT take out Stephens. They were going for the same spot at the same time. Greg pulled over and willingly went to the back of the pack even though it was a racing accident. Stevens went nuts on the front straightaway for something that each driver could have prevented, but given the history this year with the two, we knew it was going to happen. Anyone that was sitting from behind where it happen could tell that Stevens took a wide entry into one and Greg just happened to be there. Trust me, if Greg would have done something on purpose, he would have done more than just spin him out, but he's better than that. There seems to be a lot of jealousy of what that family can do and has been doing for the past several years. I grew up around the corner from them and have seen them at their best and at their worst out at CC, and trust me, Stevens and the rest of the SS class hasn't seen anything resembling the worst they can do and have taken a lot of the flack that the rest of the group gives them in stride. The fact of the matter is, CC Speedway is a physical track and you will get bumped racing there, if you can't take the bumps or aggressive driving, then maybe you shouldn't race there. And Greg isn't bitching, he's stating the truth, I guess Owen and the rest of the group found out that you don't need mirrors to be a mirror driver. And that's not directed at any one in particular, it's just instinct for most racers not to simply let someone go by without a race, unless you know you don't have the car on that particular night. I have no problems with Stevens, but what I've seen this year is not the same driver that I've seen the last couple of years. Saturday night was just a racing incident and that reaction shouldn't have been warranted and he got away with it. At least when the 19 car did something similar, he was fined $50 or had to miss one week. What's the difference Owen? Making a reaction on the track should be punished more severely than something that happens in the pits where there are fewer people (mainly kids) that can see it. Instead, we have seen two drivers throw (or attempt to throw) punches on the track and they are treated less severely than what happened in the pits that "took the fun out of the sport". Like I said, I've known the Carlucci family virtually my entire life, but what you all accuse them of is ridiculous and immature. Anyone that races with them should know when they do something intentional to you or not and I will tell you that either one of them would do something that hadn't been done to them in the first place. Just my .02.

top shelf 12 , Hitting someone and not hitting someone is a big difference in my opinion!

Punish someone worse for an incident on the track because the kids can see it, but don't punish them as bad in the pits where kids get hurt during the process, yeah that makes sense.

Anyway, I am not going to argue with you on here please stop by and talk anytime. I will be happy to line you out.

Sorry to Owen and the rest of the track officials. I was a little rough in my last response. I meant what I said but I probably could of used different words. You are right flathead, i don't use my mirror to drive. Mirrors are good for knowing what is going on around you like pulling up the track and knowing there isn't somebody there in practice and so forth.

I commend the track for bringing them back this week and hopefully they will leave them in there

I have deleted several posts in this thread today and am closing this thread.

Texas Speed Zone is not the place to pick fights, insult others, bash, complain about individual calls, etc.

If someone has a problem with a call, another driver, an official, etc, please take it up with that person one on one.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

Archived