CTS Ticket Pricing

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not just the racing fans who will be paying for parking but all of the venues that come to the facility.

THOSE OTHER VENUES ARE GREAT FOR THOSE WHO WANT THAT KINDA FUN .FINE LET EM PAY FOR IT THEY DONT SPEND TONS OF MONEY TO BRING A RACE TEAM .

Ok...I'll bite. Besides change the name and raise prices what is Self doing to double or triple car counts? I'll pay $42 to watch two nights of racing with 15 or 20 cars but so far all we've seen are plans to raise prices? THIS is the business plan we waited for?

So far all you have seen is the schedule, pricing, and classes that will be ran. All on the web site. Their has been a lot of thought and competent management put in place to run the place.

With a population of well over 2 million people in the Austin and San Antonio markets, it only takes advertising to fill the stands. Centex Speedway has a top notch advertising team on the job with the budget to make things happen.

"...With a population of well over 2 million people in the Austin and San Antonio markets, it only takes advertising to fill the stands. Centex Speedway has a top notch advertising team on the job with the budget to make things happen. "

You advertise big time, fill the stands with drinkers and when they witness a 4 car show, they will tear the stands down and never come back. That is just the way it is. You advertise heavy and mislead people, the results are usually not good.

If you actually think about it, it's going to be more economical now. Before you were paying 25 dolllars to get in the pits and 12 dollars to get in the stands two weekends a month. Now you are only paying 35 dollars a person in the pits and 20 dollars a person in the stands once a month. Therefore you are saving 15 dollars a person in the pits and 4 dollars in the stands...Plus you get more racing in one night then you did in the two weekends you ran before when you were running 10 laps a night. We will be there.

It might be more economically for the ticket pricing but you are forgetting about parking.... and then from a drivers perspective... What about the increased cost of fuel due to more laps and the increased tire wear.... Putting on a show is great but the cost are still more than the original. Plus have they released registration fees, pit stall fees, race entry fee..... I be interested in seeing the whole picture before deciding that it is more economically benificial......

If you actually think about it, it's going to be more economical now. Before you were paying 25 dolllars to get in the pits and 12 dollars to get in the stands two weekends a month. Now you are only paying 35 dollars a person in the pits and 20 dollars a person in the stands once a month. Therefore you are saving 15 dollars a person in the pits and 4 dollars in the stands...Plus you get more racing in one night then you did in the two weekends you ran before when you were running 10 laps a night. We will be there.

Have you ever thought about becoming an economic advisor to the Obama administration?

You advertise big time, fill the stands with drinkers and when they witness a 4 car show, they will tear the stands down and never come back. That is just the way it is. You advertise heavy and mislead people, the results are usually not good.

You are correct, if that were the case they wouldn't come back. But If the car count is good and the drivers can go more than 1 lap without a caution the season will be successful for everyone.

So far all you have seen is the schedule, pricing, and classes that will be ran. All on the web site.

Their has been a lot of thought and competent management put in place to run the place.

With a population of well over 2 million people in the Austin and San Antonio markets, it only takes advertising to fill the stands. Centex Speedway has a top notch advertising team on the job with the budget

to make things happen.

You might want to become part of that PR team!

It might be more economically for the ticket pricing but you are forgetting about parking.... and then from a drivers perspective... What about the increased cost of fuel due to more laps and the increased tire wear.... Putting on a show is great but the cost are still more than the original. Plus have they released registration fees, pit stall fees, race entry fee..... I be interested in seeing the whole picture before deciding that it is more economically benificial......

Tire wear and fuel would probably be about the same as you would spend for two weekend of racing ....you would save on the travel expense if your local enough .the saving before mentioned on entering the track could not be even a consider for those who have far and wide travel distance to race ..it will cost them more period no matter how you spin it ...the purse would have to be the deciding factor..

If you're worried about the increase in cost due to running more laps, then pull off at halfway. Or better yet, run 4 lap features for all classes at each event! Then your tires and fuel will last all year.

Geez.

If you're worried about the increase in cost due to running more laps, then pull off at halfway. Or better yet, run 4 lap features for all classes at each event! Then your tires and fuel will last all year.

Geez.

It's not the idea that I am worried about the fact that it will cost a little more for fuel for the race and the tires may not last as long due to more laps. I am just pointing out the fact that those expenses for the race will go up per race as compared to what people may have bugeted on a normal race weekend from last year. I do notice that with half as many race weekends it will probably come out to about the same so i was just throwing it out there to think about. Just like i said in the beginning its all about the whole picture before making my decisions on what i will be doing.

Why pull off half way or 4 laps in if I were to intend on hauling a car all the way there to "RACE" if i am just going to pull off. With this theory it would only become more of an expense to race right....

Boy I think some people will bitch about anything opp's here I go bitching about the bitches why don't y'all wait and see and judge what y'all experience not what y'all think it might be like the green flag haven't even dropped and you got people writing the place off

Boy I think some people will bitch about anything opp's here I go bitching about the bitches why don't y'all wait and see and judge what y'all experience not what y'all think it might be like the green flag haven't even dropped and you got people writing the place off

I don't care what they come up with. For my wife and I to pay $40.00 at the gate and for parking is not worth my time to come from Corpus Christi to see the race. I will GLADLY pay that for both of us for a 2 day event. Not for one night. They may have big plans but it better be something like NASCAR Craftsman Trucks for that price!!!!

I don't care what they come up with. For my wife and I to pay $40.00 at the gate and for parking is not worth my time to come from Corpus Christi to see the race. I will GLADLY pay that for both of us for a 2 day event. Not for one night. They may have big plans but it better be something like NASCAR Craftsman Trucks for that price!!!!

How much is a ticket to the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Race when they come to Texas Motor Speedway?

How much is a ticket to the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Race when they come to Texas Motor Speedway?

Here's a piece of unasked for PR advice on dealing with the public (as a retailer)...

It's never a great idea to publicly argue with potential customers. There's only two outcomes:

If you "win", you lose

If you lose, you lose

That's bad odds there, podnah :D

I agree with the poster below--->Just proudly put your best product out there and let the market decide. America needs small businesses to succeed. There nothing wrong with a fair profit honestly made.

jay

lol...small thinkers....hang in there Mr. Smith.If it works it works.If not, at least you gave a good shot at it.For years on here I've read about racers problems and they all seem to boil down to finances.If someone comes along and thinks bigger than the status quo, I think we should see how it turns out.Save our gripes for the "I told you so's" later on.He has hinted to the increase in back gate ending up paying off for racers and the front gate being worth it with a better or different show.

Don't chase away the people with the finances to succeed or fail.Let them try.

I will pay my way in there to experience what is promoted.If I don't like it,I will not return.I hope it's a blast.Save me a seat on the top row. :)

So far I have seen nothing official that would indicate that Mr. Smith is an official spokesperson for Central Texas Speedway. Perhaps he is, but I the CTS site does not list him on their site as being part of their management team.

Nick

So far I have seen nothing official that would indicate that Mr. Smith is an official spokesperson for Central Texas Speedway. Perhaps he is, but I the CTS site does not list him on their site as being part of their management team.

Nick

You are correct Nick, I am not an official spokesperson and I'm not part of the management team of CTS.

Thank you for making that clear.

I do have an interest in QTX which is a separate company from CTS and I spend a lot of time at the track, so I hear tidbits of information that your readers may be interested in. In fact I did speak to Tim this afternoon and he indicated their was a tremendous amount of work being done to get ready for the first race. They have a lot of people working to get things ready.

stay tuned cause it's going to be good.

Never been to a bar and I've been to a few that there was a parking fee.Now is this place a bar, concert hall or a race track not driving 40 miles to a bar don't give a damn about a concert unless you put Willie there or somebody that big .So tell me why I should come out to the races

Archived